Author Topic: Lets talk logistics  (Read 6323 times)

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Lets talk logistics
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 02:28:06 PM »
i dont think it gets simpler than an AK IMO...

single shot shotguns......

Bursting bubbles since 2013

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »

i have been corrected.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
Back to the video: Why were most of the shooters not retaining their empty mags? We may never know.  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:12:08 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
i really dont get the 12year old in africa running ak's argument

they dont have access to ar15's...........
and if we want to go there wouldn't an ar be a better weapon for them?
lighter
less kick
adjustable stock length for people if different sizes....

The point is simplicity is ideal for bitches that can't read.
Or just like simplicity because it doesn't break

Finally after all the years of having this signature on all the different forums it gets an honorable mention..even if it wasnt meant for me ill take it.... lol
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
Back to the video: Why were most of the shooters not retaining their empty mags? We may never know. 

if im getting shot at i dont give a shit about trying to retain mags... an empty mag wont do me any further good in the current fight, except in the rare situation that i need a blunt object to beat a guys face in...but theres better options for that... ill gather my mags and the dead guys mags if i win.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »
Back to the video: Why were most of the shooters not retaining their empty mags? We may never know. 

if im getting shot at i dont give a shit about trying to retain mags... an empty mag wont do me any further good in the current fight, except in the rare situation that i need a blunt object to beat a guys face in...but theres better options for that... ill gather my mags and the dead guys mags if i win.

This is one reason I like that my M1A has a stripper clip guide. If I manage to lose all my 20-rd mags (like a BOSS,  :)) ), I have my backup 10-rd Springfield Armory magazine. I also have 10-rd stripper clips. I will be able to reload fairly quickly, and keep that mag seated where it won't get lost. If I buy a good many stripper clips (not that expensive), I will have a solid backup system in place in case I need it.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:28 AM »

if you retain your mags you can carry stripper clips on you, that way once the shooting stops you can load up your mags again for day 2.......

being cut off from supply of ammo is a real fuckin bitch
losing half your mags or more before you get to a holding position is even worse

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:57 AM »
I hear ya' Ken however they are not in a battle situation they are training.

There was one guy towards the left end of the line putting his empty mags back into his vest. I didn't see one guy putting an empty mag into a dump pouch.

What ever, just an observation.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

Yep, and I've got one of them.  goes bang everytime no matter, never had any problems and I never clean it, either.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
Yep, buy your ammo or put them on stripper clips, it will save you a lot of time when your mags are empty, not to mention it saves room and you can carry more ammo than just what is in your mags..

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 09:58:54 AM »

if you retain your mags you can carry stripper clips on you, that way once the shooting stops you can load up your mags again for day 2.......

losing half your mags or more before you get to a holding position is even worse

But jesse its not like your going to have full mags at the start of the day and extra ammo to refill them after a fire fight... you have full mags and once you shoot the ammo out of them they dont do you any good until you refill them back at base or something. unless you plan to carry twice the ammo on stripper clips to refill mags...which makes no sense...just carry more full mags with you..
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »
That all becomes a weight issue Ken.  250 rounds on stripper clips is still lighter than the same in mags.  I would advocate carrying extra mags anyway just in case.  However this whole argument is moot because what you do or do not carry should be based on factors that cannot always be predetermined or planned for.  Just stay flexible.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »

But jesse its not like your going to have full mags at the start of the day and extra ammo to refill them after a fire fight... you have full mags and once you shoot the ammo out of them they dont do you any good until you refill them back at base or something. unless you plan to carry twice the ammo on stripper clips to refill mags...which makes no sense...just carry more full mags with you..

nice opsec asshole

anyways
my rig right now can carry 12 magazines in the pouches
however there is a spot on it where i can carry a shit load of stripper clips, but more mags in there wouldn't work

as in i can cram 12 mags and enough ammo to restock them all
or i can carry 14 magazines......

i prefer the extra ammo
besides they are really quick to load up a mag

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
"nice opsec asshole"

Ken, tisk, tisk, tisk!  :))

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »

nice opsec asshole

anyways
my rig right now can carry 12 magazines in the pouches
however there is a spot on it where i can carry a shit load of stripper clips, but more mags in there wouldn't work

as in i can cram 12 mags and enough ammo to restock them all
or i can carry 14 magazines......

i prefer the extra ammo
besides they are really quick to load up a mag

I didnt think it was an issue... my first name shortened is in my SP name... but anyways...if you wanna carry 24 mags worth of
ammo go for it but thats around 25lbs just in ammo.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
I hear ya' Ken however they are not in a battle situation they are training.

There was one guy towards the left end of the line putting his empty mags back into his vest. I didn't see one guy putting an empty mag into a dump pouch.

What ever, just an observation.

train like you fight is how i feel... im not retaining them when im getting shot at so i need to train the same way... the only gun i have to worry about mags on is my Glock anyways so i can say with certainty that i will Deffinatly NOT be retaining those mags because if im using it its bad news and i dont give a shit about mags if i dont do everything right im about to die.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 08:19:58 PM »
oh i just like to give you shit buddy

and the ammo weight is only 21.6 lbs

i don't plan on retaining mags if i am taking rounds away from cover, but if i am not trying to do a speed reload why not drop that mag in a dump pouch?

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »
oh i just like to give you shit buddy

and the ammo weight is only 21.6 lbs

i don't plan on retaining mags if i am taking rounds away from cover, but if i am not trying to do a speed reload why not drop that mag in a dump pouch?

yeah there are some situations where retaining an empty mag is ok. but i know how i would be thinking and if some ones shooting at me i want two hands back on that rifle ASAP after a Reload with my eye looking through those sights.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »
your rockin a shotgun anyways so no mags to worry about  8)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »
your rockin a shotgun anyways so no mags to worry about  8)

yeah like i said to JM i only have mags on my sidearm so i know for a fact im dropping those fuckers in the dirt if im in a situation where im shooting it.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:34 PM »
I would like to retain mags. But think about this angle.

Seriously how many firefights with bands of thugs and rapist to you think there will be? And when your done with said firefight are you not going to police up their shit & your shit?  I am.

One or two team members pulls security while the other picks up gear, food, water, ammo.
That's not looting that scavenging and surviving.

I am NOT saying DON'T try to retain your shit. I am just saying. When the situation is dealt with I think there will be time to pick that shit up. And if you lose. Well shit who cares where your mags are?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »

Seriously how many firefights with bands of thugs and rapist to you think there will be? And when your done with said firefight are you not going to police up their shit & your shit?  I am.

One or two team members pulls security while the other picks up gear, food, water, ammo.

I am NOT saying DON'T try to retain your shit. I am just saying. When the situation is dealt with I think there will be time to pick that shit up. And if you lose. Well shit who cares where your mags are?

My thoughts EXACTLY.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2012, 09:44:20 PM »

if i burn more than 2 mags i am going to try and evade and escape
therefore i dont want to lose my shit

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2012, 10:17:32 PM »
I understand that redneck. BUT

Firefights don't play out the way you want them to. Sometimes ( more than others ) it may be better to see it through to the end.
Plus, if you burn of 60 rounds. You burned off 60 rounds!  Unless you finish it up till the end
 ( where you can replenish whats lost )  you permanently lose that 60 rounds. No picking up brass. No reloading later. Gone just gone.

I'm just saying.

>:D Plus looting corpses just sounds awesome ( MSSI )
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »
I understand that redneck. BUT

Firefights don't play out the way you want them to. Sometimes ( more than others ) it may be better to see it through to the end.
Plus, if you burn of 60 rounds. You burned off 60 rounds!  Unless you finish it up till the end
 ( where you can replenish whats lost )  you permanently lose that 60 rounds. No picking up brass. No reloading later. Gone just gone.

I'm just saying.

>:D Plus looting corpses just sounds awesome ( MSSI )

if its a fight i cant win and i cant just slip away i want to shit an enormous amount of rounds on them to initiate it
i want them to get behind cover so i can move to a position where i can retreat

that probably means a mag dump to start and most likely some covering fire while i move........