Author Topic: another shooting  (Read 2527 times)

Offline swampfox

• Prepper
another shooting
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »
Sources: Multiple Deaths, Including Children, At Sandy Hook School Shooting In Newtown

Link: http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

NEWTOWN?

Multiple people, including children, have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The number of victims is unclear. Many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom, sources said.

A person believed to be a shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

hjmoosejaw

Re: another shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
Thoughts and prayers out to all the victims and family.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
Thoughts and prayers out to all the victims and family.
X2

:(

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their families.

As it stand now here is the latest.

26-27 Killed including 18 kids.  Reportedly one entire classroom is unaccounted for.

The shooter is dead and had been armed with at least 2 guns, one of them a .223 rifle.

There is also another body found at a home relating to the suspect.

A second man was reportedly walked out of the nearby woods in handcuffs wearing a black jacket and camo pants.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-leaves-multiple-injured/
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,7266220,full.story
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONNECTICUT_SCHOOL_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-12-14-12-21-31
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
One well trained and somewhat smart teacher armed with a CWP could have stopped this.

Slight sorrows the to families.

This may be to soon, and I'll probably catch flak, but I've been saying that a false flag on this level has been brewing. & in such a liberal gun hating state. It's just too perfect of a storm.

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
What a sick fuck this piece of shit was.
An elementary school? fucking really?

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
How did the gunman get to the school. theres a 1000ft invisible barrier to stop all guns from entering. Lets make it 2000ft.  Thats bound to work.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
"we are going to have to come together to take meaningful action, to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics." --big barry.

idk who saw his speech...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 03:45:52 PM »
Got this from someone on FB...

Do NOT blame the NRA. They are not at fault. The current laws (over 10,000!) need to be enforced. People who are judged Mentally Ill in a Court of Law are forbidden from ever LEGALLY owning a firearm. BUT, if that persons mental help diagnosis is not reported to the proper authorities, nothing can stop them from LEGALLY owning any type of firearm. The Virginia Tech shooter was ordered by a judge to admit himself to a mental health facilty. He refused and the judge failed to notify those in law enforcement. Jared Loughner and the Colorado shooter were mentally ill, yet neither school reported them and their conditions to law enforcement. Which meant they they could legally purchase firearms. Until people start doing their jobs without fear reprisals in the form of lawsuits, these types of people will continue to do these things.

Alex1992

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
First my Prayers go out to everybody in this tragedy  :(
Second what in God's name is going on with people these days its sickening I can't say anymore I'm angry as is  >:(

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »
First my Prayers go out to everybody in this tragedy  :(
Second what in God's name is going on with people these days its sickening I can't say anymore I'm angry as is  >:(

aren't you a young buck like most of us....except for Ben and JM  ???

It's not about the days man. It's about the parental guidance and training as a squirt.
Raised responsibly and with honor and shit like this doesn't happen.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 06:16:06 PM »
You can't have rights without responsibility. So the question here is do we as a collective country have enough responsibility to have semi autos? And if not, does the neccesities of having firearms outweigh the deaths of a few innocents? And better yet, at what line do we cross? How many deaths and shootings should be endured before semi autos or firearms outright should be banned?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:18:48 PM by Grudgie »

Bobruffles

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
What the fuck is going on today?

27 dead in a CT elementary school
2 memphis police officers shot, 1 dead
22 people injured in a knife attack in China

Why today? This is really weirdin me out...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »
Here we go folks...

The Assault Weapons ban is coming. Because it was an ugly black rifle that caused this tragedy...Not a wacko that stole the rifle and handguns from his Mom.

My wife who is a pretty pro-gun women, even said this, "Shouldn't have happened ...there needs to be more laws." I asked her what kind of laws? I pointed out that there was only 3-4 shooting's like this in the past 12 months...Why should "I" or other 'lawful' gun owners have to suffer because of some psychopath? She just stared at me with pure hatred in her eyes. Not at me because she knows I am right - She is just upset.

Now how many folks that are on the fence or have a firearm phobia will react? You know as well as I do.

Stay tuned because the Republicans in the US House will just crumble under the pressure that is going to be dumped at their door step. Mark my words.

The question really is: What are you going to do when our Legislature crumbles and requires YOU to register all your firearms? It's coming and you know as I do, it won't matter if your firearms are registered or not...This will happen again. Then what????

Now in all seriousness- I will never say this to my wife today; However, if the teacher was packing, a lot fewer students would have been murdered.

Please do NOT say what you will do as I am sure 'big brother' is reading. I am asking you to act!!!

Just saying...

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
I hear you Rvr and you are NOT the first one to say that to me today....

And yes Chesty, I caught that on my way to work...

And now for something a little lighter just for BR...

*sings in the tune of 12 days of Christmas*
On the first day of the apocalypse...

:))
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
Please do NOT say what you will do as I am sure 'big brother' is reading.

Yeah gang, please don't say nothing stupid.. we don't need that rap.

Thanks
thatGuy

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »
Please do NOT say what you will do as I am sure 'big brother' is reading.

Yeah gang, please don't say nothing stupid.. we don't need that rap.

Thanks
thatGuy

Yea, its gonna be bad enough with all the libtards demand we be disarmed and unable to protect ourselves....
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 08:28:39 AM »
So Ken you live in southern California and have a different perspective than many of us do. If we are forced to register our semi auto's like what happened in 1968 when the NFA was strengthened; will the gang members register theirs?

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
I wonder if we are starting to see the effects of kids being raised by violent tv, movies and games like grand theft auto, the age of the recent shooters would be about right for that generation.  If that's the case, we're in for more of it as at least one or two of the next generations become young adults and those kids are even more desensitized.  I don't mean that those games, movies shouldn't exist, but that parents should raise their kids right like Reaver said.

I got my hands on a lot of movies and video games that weren't age appropriate, but it took more effort and I got in trouble when I was caught watching that shit.  I was also raised in a city with a lot of crime, and we raised quail and hunted, so I saw things die and learned the permanence of it and the heartache.  This shit is happening in sleepy towns where violence is a vocab word, not a reality, and everyone knows your business and is judgmental, so you have a lot of pressure and no one to turn to.  If your only real exposure to physical suffering and death is from games and movies, your conceptual framework for life is more like a wiley coyote cartoon where an anvil can crush you and the only consequence is the roadrunner getting away.

Like most things, we can never expect government ordinance to change, for teachers to be allowed to or expected to be armed, but there are personal choices more people might make...

I was outraged by the Barry speech yesterday.  I don't remember the wording, but he made it sound like the feelings of grief he has over this are the deepest that can be felt, disregarding the fact that he doesn't know what it feels like to to lose a child and those folks are hurting much more than he and his speech writer can imagine.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I only blink that much when I'm trying to cry and I blink as little as possible when I'm trying to keep my composure.  I hope I'm overreacting and that the families of the victims found his speech comforting...   

This event is overwhelmingly tragic on many levels, what a huge fail for humanity yesterday.   Heartfelt condolences to those families who lost their loved ones.  I cannot imagine what those folks are going through losing family, and the kiddos that survived that frightening experience, losing teachers, friends, the principal...   :( >:(
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
So Ken you live in southern California and have a different perspective than many of us do. If we are forced to register our semi auto's like what happened in 1968 when the NFA was strengthened; will the gang members register theirs?

Were going to find out in CA soon enough.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011/10/california-governor-signs-bills-mandating-long-gun-registration-and-banning-open-carry/

We already have to register "assault weapons" (standard AR's) aswell as handguns.

I think its safe to say all the current gun violence in CA is with unregisteted handguns and assault weapons. No reason to think making them registet all long guns will help.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:06:55 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
I have noticed a turning point with our police in CA. They dont really care about crime anymore. For example. You can call and say that you were just robbed at gunpoint and they will eventually show up, sirens off, walk up casually and make you feel like your bothering them.

Im starting to wonder if they even fingerprint and collect dna at murder scenes anymore. They just dont care to catch bad guys. Anything less then an active shooter is a waste of their time.

The sad part is the police is all weve got for defense in CA outside of our home.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
We have purposely instituted a media back out on this issue at the cabin. The reason being is all media is making it an enormous focal point while not knowing all of the facts.

In a couple days; maybe mid-week, the ban at the cabin will be lifted to hear the final story. It would interesting to compare the first news report to the final story.

With that said, TGrl brings up some good points to ponder till then. A question for all of us to ponder is what has changed in a generation and a half? From going to school with a shot gun in order to go hunting at a buddies house after school to "Gun Free Zones."

I know one thing that has changed is less and less youths go hunting anymore. The consequence may be that they do not understand a tool called a firearm. They do not understand that pointing a weapon at someone and then pulling the trigger equals a tragedy; whether you are defending yours or a madman. Remember, once you pull that trigger the bullet is on it's way and can not be recalled.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
Yeah i think if these shooters were to have spent 1 day at the range with some one  who knew about firearms philisophy blah blah blah and they to emphasis the seriousness of a firearm then many of these tragedies might be avoided. I honestly think many of these shooters just never developed death and tragedy in their brains. We all have those times in our childhood where we think back and cant believe how stupid we were not thinking about the seriousness of the situation. A quick "hey dumbass!" would have snapped us out of it.

Firearm education needs to be promoted. The class should start with, "these are weapons and they can fuck shit up, like what happened to the people in these pictures".

Make it a mandatory class in highschool.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
I was outraged by the Barry speech yesterday.  I don't remember the wording, but he made it sound like the feelings of grief he has over this are the deepest that can be felt, disregarding the fact that he doesn't know what it feels like to to lose a child and those folks are hurting much more than he and his speech writer can imagine.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I only blink that much when I'm trying to cry and I blink as little as possible when I'm trying to keep my composure.  I hope I'm overreacting and that the families of the victims found his speech comforting...   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I couldn't agree more T-girl. As I watched it from the cafeteria at work, I was suspect of his true emotions. It seemed like he really tried to muster up a tear. His eyes did water a little, BUT, after he wiped the corner of them. Usually, it's the other way around. I told my buddy, after Barry walked off, he probably asked one of his aids, if that looked sincere enough. It wouldn't surprise me if he had some tobasco or something on his fingertips. It's sad to say, but this guy is such a snake, and with the gun issue what it is, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
As Reaver and Ken said, better parenting and education are key in fixing our broken society.
Unfortunately many folks are still willing to overlook the real issue for a false sense of security.  People are scrambling for more laws to protect, but laws don't matter in these situations where step last in the plan is suicide- once you have nothing to lose, laws to protect are arbitrary.   

I pray for the families and I pray that the lessons learned were actually the lessons taught, not just twisted to political agendas...
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne