Author Topic: Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. Fire From the hip!  (Read 2671 times)

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. Fire From the hip!
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:32 PM »
Alot of badmouthing has been done towards this fine peice of siege technology. With a outstanding "Chainsaw" top grip, tactical rails under and on side to side of the pump slide, and a pistol grip with a breach type barrel front. This shotgun is one of the best when it comes to home defense and field use.
  As you can see, you fire this shotgun from the hip, making your sight of fire clear and easy to transition. The top "chainsaw" grip stabalizes the barrel from jumping too high due to the pistol grip, but also makes easyer the pump reload. Much smoother and lighter when you do it from the top. Tactical piccatinny rails are found on bottom and side to side of the pump slide so that you can take full advantage of this shotgun with attachments like lasers, lights, and various other things.
  The breatch barrel is great for knocking through plywood, glass, and thin structures. These things can even punch through tinted vehicle windows. Giving you the advantage on a target that is concealed.

Theres alot to say about this shotgum, some bad, and some good. But Im pleaded to announce that i will be purchasing one of these in a couple weeks and will be posting up videos.
East Mountain Division. 1st I.D.
We are the mountain. We are the people.

Ghost

Re: Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. Fire From the hip!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
That looks fucking hilarious :))

Dave_M

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »
Tongue in cheek?

Burt Gummer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
I think it's bad ass!

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
I've seen this product before. I think it's useful for those with a physical disability that doesn't allow them to operate a pump shotgun properly.

Otherwise, it just looks "mall ninja" and over the top. It's hard enough to accurately fire a PGO shotgun from the hip, why add extraneous parts that could break at the worst possible time?
█████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is█████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This update has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
Hello all, RON L here

Hmm, Most folks I know if they can't operate a Pump they swop out to a semi, Nopt stick a Bumber on theier forend? LOL  I gues ya can, but?????

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
I loved my Mossberg 500, and as long as you can throw a proper stock on this (I'm assuming its not a SBS) then its still a world class shotgun.   If it is a SBS you are looking at possibly no stock EVER, and the short barrel may mean no buffer tube extension, so no 8 shot.   Still... chingon.  IDK if any of that is accurate, just tossing shit out there.   

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
IDK. The time it takes to lift the shotgun to shoulder would be cut in half if you step up your fire from the hip game. Either way, I like it better than my mossy maverick 88. I think it will do good for HD. Plus, women and children can easily use it if they can withstand the recoil. Most woman cant operate long rifles like the ones most of us have in our closet. So its good for that. What else can this be used for?

Dave_M

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
If it is a SBS you are looking at possibly no stock EVER, and the short barrel may mean no buffer tube extension, so no 8 shot.   

No, SBS's can have stocks or pistol grips or both and swap back and forth. AOW's cannot have stocks and are pistol-grip only.

But yes, the shorter the barrel the shorter the magazine tube. I like the Remington 870P SBS. It has a 14" barrel and is cutoff right at the end of the magazine tube.

IDK. The time it takes to lift the shotgun to shoulder would be cut in half if you step up your fire from the hip game. Either way, I like it better than my mossy maverick 88. I think it will do good for HD. Plus, women and children can easily use it if they can withstand the recoil. Most woman cant operate long rifles like the ones most of us have in our closet. So its good for that. What else can this be used for?

I don't even know where to even begin with this one...

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
I've seen this product before. I think it's useful for those with a physical disability that doesn't allow them to operate a pump shotgun properly.

Otherwise, it just looks "mall ninja" and over the top. It's hard enough to accurately fire a PGO shotgun from the hip, why add extraneous parts that could break at the worst possible time?

Mall Ninja? Perhaps. But what will break that will cause you trouble? If the chainsaw pump grip breaks, Id like to think youd be smart enough to just use the pump. Lights lasers Etc.. If they break, who cares, you still have some 12 Ga shells ready to compensate. Its still a firearm and still needs to be respected. It can still kill, and it can save. Its a weapon. im not trying to be a dick. At all. But it just deserves a little more respect. And c'mon, for 400 bucks, hell of a deal.

militaryman84

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
is this a joke? sorry if it isn't

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 02:06:40 PM »
No dude, this is no joke. IT REAL LIFE!
No seriosuly, Im getting one. Maybe I can link up with 505th and thatguy to do some comparison vids?

militaryman84

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 02:11:27 PM »
this is not to be a dick but everything on there is just flash to catch someones eye. What does a pump gun need besides a stock and decent sights? And $400?? those pistol grip 500's used to sell for 189. Dang have prices gotten ridiculous in the past few years.

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
Really? That low, can you point me in the direction to one of those? Lol. id buy one of those for that price compared to the chainsaw. I think it will be cool to take out to the range.

Dave_M

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »
PGO shotguns have no place for HD. I'm going to start a new thread with my partners article about practical shotguns.

militaryman84

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
Really? That low, can you point me in the direction to one of those? Lol. id buy one of those for that price compared to the chainsaw. I think it will be cool to take out to the range.

Well I haven't bought a shotgun in many years and I know prices are crazy now. Heck I only paid about 400 when I bought my M1 super90. To bad they don't sell those any more but I suppose they would be like 1500 now.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
PGO shotguns have no place for HD. I'm going to start a new thread with my partners article about practical shotguns.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
I would love to run that against my Remington 870 Patriot!

Keep your eye on the Big Five ads locally. I picked mine up for $340ish and it was just like you see it in the nacho vid.. well minus the rust, I added that myself.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »
when you go to buy this at the store i hope the guy behind the counter slaps you

please god let this be a joke...........
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 01:48:49 AM »
Be nice Redneck.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
haha... now THATS some novelty shit right there... i hope your kidding dude, dont seriously buy that thing. the chansaw grip that is.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »

I won't risk my life with that setup....I'm with you TG.  I'll stick to my Rem 870.

~KP

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »

I won't risk my life with that setup....I'm with you TG.  I'll stick to my Rem 870.

~KP

well as it is right now... id trade my 870 for that setup as sad as that is. but my situation may or may not be different then others.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
Novalty? Yes, I have been doing some stressful research on this damn shotty, and yes, you all win. To take away time by firing from the hip is never a good trade on accuracy. Im totally there with you guys now. Im still going to buy it because its really bizarre. And TG, I really really really wanna run it against your 870. Gonna lose, but its great content.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
As little as I shoot my gauge you might not lose.

I also have a pistol grip for it so we could run one pump style against the other.. I am down, just don't spend too much on it.