Author Topic: Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. Fire From the hip!  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Mossberg 500 Chainsaw. Fire From the hip!
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
yeah dude we wouldnt stear you wrong. if your getting shit from several members on the forum on something like this its likely they are only trying to help you not waste your money. glad you came around and realized its just a fun attachment. now that you know that i see nothing wrong with buying it for that purpose if youve got the money for it. i just hate to see guys lose money on something like this when they really thought it was an effective tool.

another thing i dont think ive ever seen anyone mention on these types of forends like this one and the broomstick style is... id imagine your poor little action gets its ass whooped when your slamming that thing with all the force your able to inflict on it with that kind of a grip. maybe it dosent hurt it at all.. but its something ive always thought of with those types of forends. i could totally see me using one and the forend just keeps going off the end of the gun when it finally snaps SOMEWHERE.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
As little as I shoot my gauge you might not lose.

I also have a pistol grip for it so we could run one pump style against the other.. I am down, just don't spend too much on it.

I'll race you both.   8)

~KP

Dave_M

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
Don't run against each other. Run against yourself and don't sandbag. Choose a drill which requires both a speed and an accuracy measure.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
Dave...

Simplicity Is Ideal...

Dave_M

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
Dave...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q

If I get that because I post useful info instead of dick measuring with nothing learned I'll take shitty-ass 'family guy' commentary all day.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »
No Dave you are right, its a horrible add on and a race is never a good way to figure out what works and what doesn't you need the consistency of one shooter doing his/her best.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »
Dave...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q

If I get that because I post useful info instead of dick measuring with nothing learned I'll take shitty-ass 'family guy' commentary all day.

you got that because you killed the fun... but it would be ok if the info you gave was actually good advice.

Competition is th best way to further your skills in anything. the more people involved the better. ive never heard of anyone losing to themselves and then that modivating them to work harder to beat themselves. if you only compete with your own speed and accuracy all youll end up doing is reaching a level your content with and accepting that as the best. in a mall ninja world thats fine...but if you truely want to constantly improve your skills then competition is the way to do it. the more people involved the better because theres a greater chance of having more skilled people involved. theres a reason why professional sports constantly creates new records year after year...the competition gets tougher every year. if koby bryant was playing basketball all by his lonesome all the time i doubt hed be nearly as good as he is through modivation driven by competition. now im not saying just compete in random bullshit... obviously you still want to have the speed and accuracy involved in this competition aswell.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Dave_M

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
you got that because you killed the fun... but it would be ok if the info you gave was actually good advice.

Competition is th best way to further your skills in anything. the more people involved the better. ive never heard of anyone losing to themselves and then that modivating them to work harder to beat themselves. if you only compete with your own speed and accuracy all youll end up doing is reaching a level your content with and accepting that as the best. in a mall ninja world thats fine...but if you truely want to constantly improve your skills then competition is the way to do it. the more people involved the better because theres a greater chance of having more skilled people involved. theres a reason why professional sports constantly creates new records year after year...the competition gets tougher every year. if koby bryant was playing basketball all by his lonesome all the time i doubt hed be nearly as good as he is through modivation driven by competition. now im not saying just compete in random bullshit... obviously you still want to have the speed and accuracy involved in this competition aswell.

I did give good advice. You don't have to go on at length about the benefits of competition--I [mostly] agree with you. I always advise to go shooting with someone who is significantly better than you in at least some areas. Run competitive drills, have fun, plus you'll learn from the better shooter.

What I was saying is that competition against someone else with a different setup (in this case, a PGO shotty versus a dumb-looking shotty ;) wielded by two different people) is a piss-poor way to assess how well a particular widget works.

If you want to determine if a product is negative, neutral, or positive, it's best to run drills on the clock like I said.

No Dave you are right, its a horrible add on and a race is never a good way to figure out what works and what doesn't you need the consistency of one shooter doing his/her best.

Well I'm glad someone got it... if no one else did then I might think I wasn't being clear enough.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 01:39:07 AM »

I did give good advice. You don't have to go on at length about the benefits of competition--I [mostly] agree with you. I always advise to go shooting with someone who is significantly better than you in at least some areas. Run competitive drills, have fun, plus you'll learn from the better shooter.

What I was saying is that competition against someone else with a different setup (in this case, a PGO shotty versus a dumb-looking shotty ;) wielded by two different people) is a piss-poor way to assess how well a particular widget works.

If you want to determine if a product is negative, neutral, or positive, it's best to run drills on the clock like I said.

Well I'm glad someone got it... if no one else did then I might think I wasn't being clear enough.

yeah you were being perfectly clear. and it had nothing to do with advocating competition... hell of a save though... like i said..killed the fun and bad info.

maybe ill be called a troll or an asshole for what im typing but i dont care... these are the facts and i wont tolerate the fake BS. id say the same thing if you were standing infront of me. if were trying to keep the info on this forum trim and accurate then lets get to it already. and lets remind all members that anything typed by anyone on here is strictly opinion and should ALWAYS be taken with a grain of salt. this is a perfect example of why. and im wrong plenty too so im safegaurding members from my own errors aswell.

-Kenny
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Dave_M

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »
I've changed my mind about this product.

Ken, you should buy at least two of em'.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 09:27:19 AM »

LOL, that's funny!  Ken, please make a video when you get them.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »

LOL, that's funny!  Ken, please make a video when you get them.

lol ok... i will get one for a mossberg and one for an 870... i will run them only agianst the clock. in the end both of them will get a gold medal and 2 gold stars. competition tends to hurt peoples feelings, theres no losers here.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Dave_M

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
My recommendation would be to spend as much money on them as possible.