Author Topic: Belt fed during WROL  (Read 3015 times)

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
Belt fed during WROL
« on: December 10, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
For my prepper group we have adopted an idea of prepper1776. His plan is to along with his group of people and their kit, hes trying to supply up to 60 people with M91/30 Mosin Nagant and some kit.

I really like that idea of having a stockpile of inexpensive battle rifles to hand out to people of my town when the need arises
Im taking his idea to the next level in adding more fire power to the people who my group refer to as the ?draftees?.   The Nagants are nice but I want to give  my town more power,  the ?draftees? will be broken down into groups of 6 with a SKS filling in as the ?SAW? gunners roll.  For teams assigned on QRF duty we are looking at a combination of DPMs and RPDs.  And for check points, to go with the DPMs and RPDs we are looking into PKMs and SG-43s

I am also looking into a SG-43 to mount onto my ?WROL? truck

I understand the price in not only the guns; but parts, ammo, maintenance, but I think it?s worth it

And to avoid the thousands in tax stamps I believe the semi auto variants of all firearms would be sufficient

"They don't like it when you shoot at 'em, i figured that one out all by my self."

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
Re: Belt fed during WROL
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
lol so you are going to spend Tens of Thousands for SEMI-AUTO DPM's and RPD's? [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
This sounds like something that hasn't been planned for whatsoever.

How they hell are you going to afford SG-43's, RPD's, DPM's, and PKM's?
Most of those guns are $2,000 a piece, the PKM being MUCH MUCH more (even semi auto)
I smell bullshit. I'll believe it when i see it.

Let me guess, this is all in the "planning" stage?

It may be dickish of me but i smell mall ninja. If im wrong then I apologize this post just doesn't sound the least bit believable.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »
I have a sg-43 with a spare barrel. Not a bad kit to build at all.

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
well ive found rpds and dpms for around 1500-1200 i know how much sg-43s and pkms coast its a long term plan to be spread out between 10 or more people im not lone wolfing this for a reason i picked the russian guns cause they are cheaper than others and the non disintegrating links will hopefully be easier to keep track of 
"They don't like it when you shoot at 'em, i figured that one out all by my self."

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
Raptor you can get the sg-43 kits from the link above as a kit easy to weld back up and sign up to weaponsguild.com and learn how to build it your can build it for about $450 to $500 in semi.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
If you really are considering building the guns then that would be totally badass.
A ten people pool is pretty good size too.

Good for you guy,  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Post pics man, that will be some wicked stuff you have when you get started

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
we have already priced out how much each team would cost about a grand in guns/equipment we are planing on at least 10 teams to back up every one we bring into the prepping fold 

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
I showed it off on my last blog tv show, just a rectangle of metal with a barrel sticking out and a belt hanging out, the wheel mount is almost a must with it i was going to build a tripod for it but i think im going to order the cart.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:06:27 AM »
I haven't thought this through as much as you guys have, probably, but why is this plan more advantageous than, say, getting AK-74s for your teams instead of inexpensive rifles backed by one very expensive, semi-auto machine gun? I understand the logic behind supporting your bolt-actions, but that seems very WWI-ish. Perhaps my idea about the cost is off a bit, but wouldn't it be about the same, or maybe just a little bit more, to find good deals on AK systems, get good deals on milsurp ammo, and have multiple people able to lay down suppressive fire instead of only one person? You could still purchase Nagants, and even have them fill a DM role if you can train your guys to do it and happen to purchase some decent Nagants or upgrade them post-purchase.

Wildturkey, you build a lot of AK-type rifles. Would the cost of making several AK-74s equal the price of purchasing ten Nagants plus buying/making the much more expensive weapons that redraptor describes? I just think that, even if the AKs were a couple hundred extra, you'd have much more potential firepower at your disposal.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:45 AM »
You will probably never need a beltfed rifle for wrol. If you need suppressive fire get a rpk and a couple drums. If it gets to the point where you need a real machine gun, you will be able to find a saw, m240b, m60, or mag58 somewhere.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:39:01 AM »
The cheapest ak's i have put together are just under $200 each but it was alot of deal hunting. I agree with you rah ak-74's would be the way to go the kits are relatively inexpensive and the ammo is dirt cheap. If i had it to do over again when i started building i would have gone with 74's over 47's. I feel like a small trained fireteam with modern semi auto rifles will be much more effective than 20 minimally trained guys with 100 year old bolt guns backed by a semi belt fed.

Spirit even a semi auto belt fed has its place, my plan is to place it at the one way in and out in check point position at my community. If someone roles up and sees that they are far less likely to want to attack my place and go to a weaker target. The biggest victories will be the battles that didn't happen.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 01:02:36 AM »
A .50 bmg belt fed would be a force to be feared even if it was semi
Someone experienced in shooting could throw rounds down range at 120 RPM. The cyclic rate of a M2 is only 400 some rounds a minute.
Can't .50 bmg ball go through LAVs? Or do you need special rounds for that? even if it doesn't nothing short of military vehicles would be able to drive right up into your base.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:38:25 AM by special-k »
sic luceat lux

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 04:40:25 AM »
oh yea? well I'm gonna buy 10 of these.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 04:46:18 AM »

Me too, and then I'm going to place them right out in the open so the enemy can see, and know to attack from a different area. ::)  Didn't Sun Tzu write something about that?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:47:59 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:54 AM »

Me too, and then I'm going to place them right out in the open so the enemy can see, and know to attack from a different area. ::)  Didn't Sun Tzu write something about that?

LOL!  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Mlee

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 06:32:22 AM »
The cheapest ak's i have put together are just under $200 each but it was alot of deal hunting. I agree with you rah ak-74's would be the way to go the kits are relatively inexpensive and the ammo is dirt cheap. If i had it to do over again when i started building i would have gone with 74's over 47's. I feel like a small trained fireteam with modern semi auto rifles will be much more effective than 20 minimally trained guys with 100 year old bolt guns backed by a semi belt fed.

Spirit even a semi auto belt fed has its place, my plan is to place it at the one way in and out in check point position at my community. If someone roles up and sees that they are far less likely to want to attack my place and go to a weaker target. The biggest victories will be the battles that didn't happen.

I have to ask...what parts where used and where did you have to go to build an AKM for 200? That is unheard of these days...with the barrel ban and all.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
IMO...

Beyond the possible "OH SHIT THEY ARE AT THE WIRE" moment and the intimidation factor a "belt fed" is not really worth the extra money.  It would be just as easy to get an AK ## set up in a "Squad-based" or "Emplaced" Suppression weapon  with a few 75-100 round drums.  With the drums, they are easier to "load", have less parts for you to lose or get damaged and the reload time is minimal with the right training and practice.

But if you have the $8.00 a round to spend on the ammo and can afford to buy a 50 by all means... lol 

However for a patrol style setting you just need a basic setup, nothing fancy.

Fast forward to 6:15 and notice he goes Drum, Banana, Banana, Banana, etc... lol
Tactical Response High Risk Civilian Contractor - Direct Action 2010
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 09:31:34 AM »
mlee earlier in the year apex had some romy m-63 kits for $104 and some change.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
You guys are way over thinking this stuff if you ask me. a big badass base is like a dinner bell... unless your lookouts are planning on standin behind bullet proof glass with 15ft high walls all the way around the base or you plan to have bare dirt for 1500 yards all the way around your base with high powered lights to keep watch even at night then one guy can pick off your whole team one man at a time over the course of a few days. thats like a snipers dream come true... guys just standing around in one place for ever... kill one... move...kill another... what are you going to do?... the whole base of guys will just end up laying in the dirt for hours at a time knowing if he stands up he might be dead. what plan do you have to defend that? low profile is my plan.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
Why not just get a few drums and slap them on your AK?
I'm with you RS no fucking way.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 01:49:01 PM »
You guys are way over thinking this stuff if you ask me. a big badass base is like a dinner bell... unless your lookouts are planning on standin behind bullet proof glass with 15ft high walls all the way around the base or you plan to have bare dirt for 1500 yards all the way around your base with high powered lights to keep watch even at night then one guy can pick off your whole team one man at a time over the course of a few days. thats like a snipers dream come true... guys just standing around in one place for ever... kill one... move...kill another... what are you going to do?... the whole base of guys will just end up laying in the dirt for hours at a time knowing if he stands up he might be dead. what plan do you have to defend that? low profile is my plan.

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

So where in there is your opinion of using belt fed for shtf/wrol?  And yea, the power of a marksman is incredible but I dont believe we are talking about setting up a "big badass base".  Please stay on topic.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »

So where in there is your opinion of using belt fed for shtf/wrol?  And yea, the power of a marksman is incredible but I dont believe we are talking about setting up a "big badass base".  Please stay on topic.

low profile is my plan.

read it and weap... belt fed = Not low profile at all

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-??. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:?. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .?~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ?~,_. . . ..?~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .?=,_. . . .?-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~?; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .?=-._. . .?;,,./`. . /? . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..?~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-?
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

Damn im internet cool...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »

But seriously.. if your running belt fed weapons with 60+ guys then you better have a big baddass base ...or are these belt feds weapons going to be put to use as back pack guns?
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 02:30:48 PM »
And the committee agrees, just use drums and lots of mags!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Han shot first!