Author Topic: Belt fed during WROL  (Read 3016 times)

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Belt fed during WROL
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
i'd rather have 2 guys with ar15's than 6 with mosins
just sayin

besides a semi beltfed is freakin worthless
the only advantage to a beltfed is the huge amounts of automatic fire, but if your limited to semi only anyways its just a heavy unweildly turd

this is the 2011, lets quit all this fantasy of a bunch of guys using 1920's weapons and tactics

shits gonna be upclose quick and fucking brutal

i challenge everyone of you to walk around your house looking at your surroundings, now you tell me if a 5 shot bolt action is a viable choice
atleast my place down in the city, the longest shots possible is under 125yds but mostly its all at shotgun ranges
firepower is imo the deciding factor in a shtf fight
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Ghost

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »
Instead of getting Mosins to arm people in your community, why not get them in on the action now and "wake them up", and get them to get an AK/AR, whatever you run.

Seems like a smarter option to me. But I'd also have some Mosins set back.

With regards to belt fed weapons during WROL, I agree with what has been said already, belt fed semi is kind of pointless. Rock drum mags.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:13 PM »
shits gonna be upclose quick and fucking brutal 

I think that is what I have been trying to say my entire time here.... just always sounded crazier.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

I concur redneck.

Also, To be honest I think this topic is just pointless.
Unless you have the means to make it work like it supposed to then why have it?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 10:58:32 PM »
the plan is for everyone that i get into this, is to have then buy an AK,AR,FAL,PTR,what have you.

my state laws prohibit me from having any AK type rifle (this includes RPKs) so all this talk about drum mags dose not apply to me.

the RPDs, DPMs, PKMs, and SG-43s are primarily road block and check point guns.

yes the 91/30s are not ideal for the modern era but they are for people that didnt want to get off their ass and buy a new rifle and SKSs were $100 i would set those aside instead

there are a good number of hunters in my area shotguns are plentiful and something i dont have to worry about

and ive looked an AK 74 runs like 600 bucks at best in my part of the world

im going for numbers here its betters to have 60 armed guys than 12 guys with guns and 48 standing around scratching their heads
"They don't like it when you shoot at 'em, i figured that one out all by my self."

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 11:16:28 PM »
What are the roadblocks for striking a deal with, say, wildturkey or other private manufacturer, to your locale, redraptor? I'm talking legal manufacture and transportation. Or, failing that, would guys who know where to look for good deals on weapons (such as wildturkey) be able to give you a heads-up for an out-of-state purchase? Would you be willing to pay a finder's fee for a bulk purchase? If you cannot have AK-style weapons, what if you could get a heads-up on a decent-quality shipment of SKS's at a very good price?

Trying to get ideas here, guys. Everything I'm talking about is above board.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:30 AM »
If your group has money burning a hole through their pocket, and just has to have some thing exotic, the money would be a lot better spent on a Barret or other type .50BMG rifle....and if you still have more money to spend.....get a silencer for it.  This set-up is much more portable, would have a lot more uses and still gives you one shot vehicle stopping capability.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
If your group has money burning a hole through their pocket, and just has to have some thing exotic, the money would be a lot better spent on a Barret or other type .50BMG rifle....and if you still have more money to spend.....get a silencer for it.  This set-up is much more portable, would have a lot more uses and still gives you one shot vehicle stopping capability.

Absolutely the right fucking answer  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »
my apologies my state dose not allow AK rifles in 7.62x39 and 12 ga.
5.45 5.56 7.62 nato 20 and 410 are all allowed
"They don't like it when you shoot at 'em, i figured that one out all by my self."

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 01:27:27 AM »

one of my guys is looking into a barret 99

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 01:35:59 AM »
my apologies my state dose not allow AK rifles in 7.62x39 and 12 ga.
5.45 5.56 7.62 nato 20 and 410 are all allowed

What state do you live in?
I have never heard of a caliber law....

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:31 AM »
Never mind. let me guess CT

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at Why do you people choose to live in these states...
For some reason, I cannot find the actual law with regards to this. It's all jive about the law not the actual law.

Just kidding just found it.
http://www.jud.ct.gov/JI/criminal/glossary/assaultweapon.htm
Wow, this is fucking stupid!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:50:43 AM by Reaver »

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »
any where that tells me what i can buy to protect myself with can kiss my ass

move bro move
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »

move bro move
I concur, ya know my uncle turned down 7 better paying jobs because they where north of the Mason Dixon.

Sometimes you just gotta draw the line ya know?

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

move bro move
I concur, ya know my uncle turned down 7 better paying jobs because they where north of the Mason Dixon.

Sometimes you just gotta draw the line ya know?

Amen
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline redraptor26

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:07 PM »
if my family wasnt here my ass would be in VT or NH right now