Author Topic: HOLY SHIT lnl is back  (Read 4031 times)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Re: HOLY SHIT lnl is back
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
this is going to be akward. like a husband in prison that is released and comes home and finds thatguy on his couch watching his TV and his kids calling him dad.

Funniest comment of the thread award goes to Kentactic, well done sir.

I agree, I laughed my butt of when I read it, basically because its so true.

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »
But a "Hey guys I'm go in off the grid for a while" would've been nice. Not that he owes anyone anything. But I'm not sure how much we owe him at this juncture.

Exactly my point.

I too will welcome him back, but I'll expect him to take off again at some point in the future.  Fool me once principle and all.

Boonedawg

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
 I for one don't understand why some of you guys are pissy about him doing what he wanted to do. Grow the fuck up. People have lives away from the computer. Good to see he's back around, also very telling to some folks here's character by the way they react.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
So you are cool with the way he bailed Boone?

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
I for one don't understand why some of you guys are pissy about him doing what he wanted to do. Grow the fuck up. People have lives away from the computer. Good to see he's back around, also very telling to some folks here's character by the way they react.

Not really pissy about it boon. Im just not gonna stand in line to stroke the guy off. He did start somthing and alot of us listend, climbed on board, toed the line and then got kicked out of the truck. Like i said im glad the guys ok im glad hes back in the community, i know he has alot to add. But i am not calling him DADDY!!! [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »

Boone, we're not offended by the fact that he left. He had to take care of personal life, and I respect that. A lot of guys today don't make efforts to take care of essential things, and he did. I think that says a lot about his character and his commitment to his family and to prepping.

However, he did willingly take up the mantle of leader (however temporarily) when he started LnL.com. He could have handed full control/rights over to Jeroth or someone else who had proven themselves, but didn't. Due to a lack of moderation and motivation (let's face it, he was the reason a LOT of members felt motivated to contribute to the site, and when he left the site content really plummeted), the site eventually self-imploded. Here is a different story. Sure, we still have the "new car" mentality going on that helps motivate us to contribute, but we also have owners and mods who are active and willing to stay and contribute to the site. That really helps to keep an online community alive and healthy. Structure, order and discipline, as my Marine father always says. Without the owner/leader or someone else with comparable powers/charisma, LnL was sure to fail.

That entire paragraph is background info for this: in not transferring the burden he willingly took to someone else to keep everything running relatively smoothly, he greatly increased the likelihood (statistically, guys) that LnL.com would fail. It did. We're not annoyed that he left. We're annoyed that he ditched the community that he played a key part in founding and leading with not so much as a "bbl, guys!"

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
honestly i dont even know his name.... where he lives... i know nothing about the guy at all... he made some videos.. created a forum and then went to bed... who really gives a shit what this one man does?... honestly the whole thing reminds me of how woman react to drama/stressful situations...  nut up and STFU...

thats my story and im sticking to it. "THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:03:20 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »

I am, I mean hell if he wouldn't have we'd have an ultra douche " leader " on a shitty site.
I'm ok with him bailing cause now I have an ultra bad ass site and an orange no souled grizzly bear for a " leader "  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or 'Merica
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Veritas

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
honestly i dont even know his name.... where he lives... i know nothing about the guy at all... he made some videos.. created a forum and then went to bed... who really gives a shit what this one man does?... honestly the whole thing reminds me of how woman react to drama/stressful situations...  nut up and STFU...

thats my story and im sticking to it. "THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!"

Best answer yet.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my Kalashnikov will hurt you.

"Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it."

Boonedawg

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »

I'm of the mind he isn't some uber geek on the computer and had to move back to Montana. People forget things all the time, he forgot to say goodbye to us on the old forum...no biggie.  I don't understand the whole "leader" aspect. Yeah he made vids...and provided a forum...but that's about it.  I'm  probably old enough to be his dad, I take my marching orders from myself and nobody else...I've slid a couple bosses on their asses to prove it.

Thing is, he brought most of us together and now after a few months away some of those same guys act like he stole something from them.  Just my take.

TG, if the role was reversed and it were you that bugged out for a while, I'd be calling bullshit on the disrespect just the same.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:53:05 PM by Boonedawg »

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
I don't think anyone here thinks that he really is "Daddy!" What I meant is that, if it had been one of us, we still would have been pretty irritated if the person responsible for doing something the community deemed important just up and left without transferring the responsibility first. I don't think anyone is pissed, but the relationship (yes, in a non-homosexual way) between us as a community and him as an individual has changed due to him leaving as he did. I don't hate him, I still like him and I would love to see more vids and see him participate again. I just won't trust him to step up in another leadership position again.

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 12:43:54 AM »
LnL disparaged preparedness culture by not only negligently destroying one of the biggest databases ever assembled on the subject, but also by inadvertently damaging the image of preppers by allowing his website to fall into disgrace.  This negligence led to mrlockandload.com being placed on a national watch list, and subsequently implicating it's membership.   This isn't personal in the slightest, but I don't want our culture represented by someone who acts negligently, creating possibly unlawful situations that damage the good name of preparedness. 

Boonedawg

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
Now that's a stretch any first baseman would be proud of.  How did he "damage" the image of preppers?  The watch list i think was the work of the black panther cunt....so what. Who gives a damn what the splc says, freedom of speech and assembly folks.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:29:50 PM by Boonedawg »

Offline thekiltedpatriot

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:15 PM »
This negligence led to mrlockandload.com being placed on a national watch list, and subsequently implicating it's membership.

If anyone here believes that they are NOT on a national watch list already, I have some ocean-front property right here in Albuquerque that is PRIMO!!!

The fact is that just by visiting a site like this, even as a guest, puts you on a list.  Joining puts you on another one.  What you say here...well, you get the point.  We're all on a list.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »
LMAO... if you are not on at least a dozen "lists" at this point, you aren't doing enough for the cause of Liberty.

[url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Veritas

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 08:28:53 PM »
LMAO... if you are not on at least a dozen "lists" at this point, you aren't doing enough for the cause of Liberty.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my Kalashnikov will hurt you.

"Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it."

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »
Lets quit talking about watchlists, we are not criminals.

Now comes the time when I got to figure out if I shit can the last three posts.

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
We are getting of point with this thread. We all have our own opinions about L&L comin back. I think we are all looking forward to some new vids. lets leave it at that and see what is going to happen
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Boonedawg

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »
Roger that. 

TG, fuck no don't can the posts! Let them watch...nothing to hide here. We love this country and care about it's direction. That is where I am in my head.  Speak the truth even if it friggin hurts.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:39 PM »
I got no problem with the truth, you know that Boone.

I got a problem with people talking about lists. We get labelled enough without doing it to ourselves.

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
Never cared for the guy, myself.

He honestly didn't really have that great of info. It was your standard run of the mill shit.
Many a times on Blog TV his advice was not only bad but illegal- he didn't even realize this, and that is part of the issue.

Regardless of what's going on in your life, it says a lot about a person who doesn't finish what they start.
Another good character reference, he endorsed RAR Guns. If that isn't enough, Wiredwrong and Unhappy
walked away from the project...??? 

I also can't get over the fact that he walks like Shaggy from Scooby Do. I just can't.
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
Oh, and Wiredwrong and Unhappycamper were the REAL deal and a wealth of great info...

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »
Never cared for the guy, myself.

He honestly didn't really have that great of info. It was your standard run of the mill shit.
Many a times on Blog TV his advice was not only bad but illegal- he didn't even realize this, and that is part of the issue.

Regardless of what's going on in your life, it says a lot about a person who doesn't finish what they start.
Another good character reference, he endorsed RAR Guns. If that isn't enough, Wiredwrong and Unhappy
walked away from the project...??? 

I also can't get over the fact that he walks like Shaggy from Scooby Do. I just can't.

LOL.  We can always count on you to say exactly what you think.  You're about as forthright as I've ever seen anybody be.  So technique, do you think he beat his dog too?

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
I don't know anything about his dog...  :D
Despite not liking the guy much, I'm sure he had the best intentions.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
I wonder if we could get WiredWrong and Unhappy Camper on StraightPrep... I wonder...

Oh and by the way Technique I am building you a mountain to shout off of, you are a straight shooter.