Author Topic: This Land Is Your Land!  (Read 1893 times)

hjmoosejaw

This Land Is Your Land!
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
If I ever win a ridiculous amount of money in the lottery, I'm going to buy a huge piece of land. (with plenty of game) And you will all be invited to build yourselves a cabin on it and live free. There will be very few rules. Anybody got any suggestions of where would be a good place? It will need at least a lake or a river going through it, or both. Some hills, some flat.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
Re: This Land Is Your Land!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
That guy and myself have talked about this before!! I decided it wouldnt work. I hoewever invisioned more of a "Gaults Gulch" and no not from the movie.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »
The foothills of northern GA & SC.  The same area southernprepper1 is in.  Not too hot, not too cold, flowing water, thick with trees, abundant wildlife, far enough from the coast and commie states... just perfect.

Of course, self-proclaimed preparedness expert Joel Skoussen laid out many good reasons for southern Idaho, but that's just too cold for my liking.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:44:40 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »
The foothills of northern GA & SC.  The same area southernprepper1 is in.  Not too hot, not too cold, flowing water, thick with trees, abundant wildlife, far enough from the coast and commie states... just perfect.

It is beautiful up there! Dont forget the mountains (or as mountainredneck calls them hills) of NC or TN.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:17:09 AM »
Mosquitos mosquitos mosquitos

bugs bugs bugs

It's pretty to look at but for the gnats cralling in your eyes and ears. There are alot of bugs here. This is why I would like somewhere like Colorado or Wyoming. Even Arizona or Texas because the heat doesn't bother me.

Your best bet is to buy a handfull of acres next to a Federal wildlife preserve and you can act like it's your land.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:20:32 AM »
A grown man scared of bugs.  ::)
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:21:37 AM »

bugs bugs bugs

It's pretty to look at but for the gnats cralling in your eyes and ears. There are alot of bugs here. This is why I would like somewhere like Colorado or Wyoming. Even Arizona or Texas because the heat doesn't bother me.

Your best bet is to buy a handfull of acres next to a Federal wildlife preserve and you can act like it's your land.

When I lived in western NC, eastern TN there was no issue with bugs. Actually it was very nice during "bug season"

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Thanks for the invite hj!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the invite hj!

Sure thing JM, now all I have to do is win a ridiculous amount of money.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »
Thanks HJ. It would be kind of intentional community of preppers, and that could be an interesting concept to explore how that would function.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »

bugs bugs bugs

When I lived in western NC, eastern TN there was no issue with bugs. Actually it was very nice during "bug season"

I can't speak for all of Tennessee but where I live in the southern middle you can't even walk outside without goggles sometimes. Never mind Mosquitos ticks and chiggers. Poison oak and copper heads. Gives me shivers just talking about it..

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
Thanks HJ. It would be kind of intentional community of preppers, and that could be an interesting concept to explore how that would function.

Yeah, some could live a little closer together if they chose to, or they could live further out. It would be interesting. Not many rules. No stealing from each other, and no harming each other. I imagine the occasional infidelity thing would be bound to happen. In that case, well, the parties involved would just have to settle it how they saw fit. Then, I guess the "no harming other" rule might have to go out the window. LOL! But you know what I mean. Don't shoot each other for being too loud. If you don't help build it, grow it, or maintain it, then you don't prosper by it. If something is given to you, then that's fine. No entitlements. Or, if you're handy at first aid and you sew somebody up, they can do something in return for you. Bring you a few squirrels for the pot. You get the idea.   

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
I say a huge nuclear missile silo.
Two members per floor should about do it.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:48 AM »
I say a huge nuclear missile silo.
Two members per floor should about do it.

You would have to trade quite a few squirrels for a missile silo.

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
Ty for the invite HJ. And i say ( with a insane amount of money) Buy Idaho.
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Alex1992

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
I ain't gonna lie Idaho does have some nasty weather and mosquitos Idaho is an awesome place to live but like in the other posts the weather here is a pain in the ass but the decision is up to you.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »
Yeah, I think Idaho would be good. Utah maybe. In the winter, when the weather got bad, you wouldn't have to go anywhere. Hopefully, you would already have your firewood cut, and enough food stored. Hang out with the little lady and do what comes natural, till you can get back out to hunt or trap.

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:25 AM »
Nowhere east of the mississippi.

Population density is too high, and too close to extremely high population density areas.

It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 12:32:16 AM »
Nowhere east of the mississippi.

Population density is too high, and too close to extremely high population density areas.
I dunno man... weigh population density against the lack of water in the southwest.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 12:44:55 AM »

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:44 AM »
I was just on Google Earth and looking around at possible locations for when I hit the lottery, LOL  Zoomed in at Etna, Utah. Quickly dropped that area from the short list. If you get a chance, go to google earth and zoom in just S.SE of Etna. Some huge circles. Let me guess what those are.

Here, I was able to copy image.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:14:13 AM by hjmoosejaw »

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
Walking sprinklers.. they pumps and motors, but they do have plenty of gravity feed fields in the valley and boy howdy you couldn't get further from the main roads!
Etna, Utah
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 41?40′18″N 113?57′16″WCoordinates: 41?40′18″N 113?57′16″W
Etna is an unincorporated community located in western Box Elder County, Utah, United States, five miles southwest of Grouse Creek. It lies at an elevation of 5223 feet (1592 m).
Originally called West Fork, Etna was settled in 1875 by Valison and Alma C. Tanner. The permanent name of Etna was later chosen by a local mail carrier.

Their wiki page doesn't even exist!

Box Elder County

I like it
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 01:56:41 PM by thatGuy »

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
Any input on the circles?

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube