Author Topic: Better outlaw baseball bats, I guess.  (Read 1228 times)

hjmoosejaw

Better outlaw baseball bats, I guess.
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »

Overboard, justice served? Your thoughts.

I say, don't bully a guy with a baseball bat. Maybe a little overboard, but if he is still alive, he probably learned a valuable lesson.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Better outlaw baseball bats, I guess.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:43:04 AM »
If your holding a weapon and some ones attacking you, you really have no choice. If you dont use it he will. The whole time i thought the other kid was going to get the bat and use it on him.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
serves him right, he should have clocked the second guy that pushed him down too.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:06:30 PM »
Thanks God I just bought a ball bat coz you know there is going to be a run on them!

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
We don't really know the context of what was going on here. The 'bully' could have been defending his sister's honor for all we know. But it kind of grinds my gears that everyone just stands around and laughs at what is going on but then when he defends himself with the bat it is time to step in and SHUN him? The backwards baseball cap guy clearly did not want a fight.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
serves him right, he should have clocked the second guy that pushed him down too.

Thay second kid punched him it seemed like. I think he was in shock from what he did to the first kid. He probably was glad to get a little hurtin himself to feel less guilty for the damage he did.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 01:03:21 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
It's bullying 101. Do not bully those who have the means to bully you.

k.
Bully Gets Slammed By Fat Kid

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
That little kid will get his ass whooped his whole life. and hell always be asking for it.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
Granted, it looks like he messed the kid up proper with the one swing, but slugger stayed composed and walked away instead of going ape shit with the bat.  My guess is, this wasn't bullying but a normal adolescent disagreement, and dumb ass should have known better than to antagonize a dude that's armed- justified. 

The only thing I would have done differently than the kids in both videos, is made sure the other guy was really down for the count before turning my back and briskly walking away.  It may sound harsh, but I learned early not to stop til you know the other person won't be getting up quick enough to jack you from behind.

I feel bad for kids who are bullied, but I think the reason why it's become an epidemic is that so many parents these days tell their kids that it's okay to be themselves, to be weird, to be different.  It's okay to be yourself once you're an adult and have a secure job and friends, but until then you need to have some guidelines, a template to follow so you learn how to be part of society.  Don't send your elementary age boys to school with pink nail polish because your angry that your dad made you play football, you're just setting them up for an unfair shake...

Children should be taught to be kind, accepting, and respectful of others, but to stand up for themselves when the situation calls for it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:10:18 PM by thatGirl »
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:24:37 PM »
A BOY NAMED SUE !!! JOHNNY CASH 1969 LIVE SAN QUENTIN PRISON
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »
you hit someone in the head with a bat you had better be meaning to kill them because there is a good chance you will

dumb fuckin kids, too much of a bitch to fight, so they resort to deadly weapons   [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
what the fuck happened to busted up faces and some spankings?
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
captain baseball bat boy!
thumbs up to anyone that gets the reference.
sic luceat lux

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
Natural selection at its best.

Why fuck with a dude with a baseball bat?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
Bullying has always been my pet peeve. Being one of the biggest or the biggest kid in my class, I've from time to time, taken the opportunity to offer my services to the bullied kid. The bully tends to re-evaluate his options when the playing field is a little more level. They thought they were tuff when they were picking on the little scrawny guy, or the fat kid. Man, that pissed me off! I've always felt bad for the ignored ones too. You know, the ones that talked funny, or weren't maybe quite as bright, or came from the "wrong side of the tracks". I always tried to include them. Usually, everybody from the popular ones to the ignored ones, found that they all got along pretty well. Everybody had something to contribute. Man, the group I hung out with, was a pretty cool group of people. Loyalty was pretty big back then, we could always count on each other, no matter what. I see my daughter's friends, and how they interact. There doesn't seem to be that loyalty as much anymore. They all just go with what benefits them individually the most. It's weird. Now they make plans, and then nothing happens, it's like, "oh, so and so came by and we decided to whatever" No contacting , no nothing. Man, you didn't do that shit before. You stuck with the original plan, or you made it happen for all involved. Loyalty doesn't mean shit anymore. Oh well, I'm done ranting now.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
Bullying has always been my pet peeve. Being one of the biggest or the biggest kid in my class, I've from time to time, taken the opportunity to offer my services to the bullied kid. The bully tends to re-evaluate his options when the playing field is a little more level. They thought they were tuff when they were picking on the little scrawny guy, or the fat kid. Man, that pissed me off! I've always felt bad for the ignored ones too. You know, the ones that talked funny, or weren't maybe quite as bright, or came from the "wrong side of the tracks". I always tried to include them. Usually, everybody from the popular ones to the ignored ones, found that they all got along pretty well. Everybody had something to contribute. Man, the group I hung out with, was a pretty cool group of people. Loyalty was pretty big back then, we could always count on each other, no matter what. I see my daughter's friends, and how they interact. There doesn't seem to be that loyalty as much anymore. They all just go with what benefits them individually the most. It's weird. Now they make plans, and then nothing happens, it's like, "oh, so and so came by and we decided to whatever" No contacting , no nothing. Man, you didn't do that shit before. You stuck with the original plan, or you made it happen for all involved. Loyalty doesn't mean shit anymore. Oh well, I'm done ranting now.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »

Its not even kids really. I very often deal with people in business and they say "i will call you by the end of the day today with the price" and i pretty much know theres a great chance hes not going to call me. Peoples word means nothing these days.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
i was raised to believe the measure of a man is the worth of his word
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 06:29:34 PM »

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »
Its not even kids really. I very often deal with people in business and they say "i will call you by the end of the day today with the price" and i pretty much know theres a great chance hes not going to call me. Peoples word means nothing these days.

I guess it's a sign of the times.

Same here.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
It's hit or miss these days with service, but every now and then I'll drive through Taco Bell and get some kid with a great work ethic that's so eager to provide good service, I think they're going to spontaneously combust.  I'm also seeing great service in bottom of the rung sales positions because so many folks that were getting close to retirement have lost their jobs from companies that have gone belly up in this economy, so you end up with someone that was a factory manager for 20 years, helping you find toothpaste at Target.  Every time I start bitching about service these days, I'm forced to eat my words right after.

As far as HJ's post, that's very heroic to defend the bullied.  I always tried to do the same, although being blond in NM, I was probably bullied more than I was protecting others.  I also wouldn't blame the times for the way your daughter's friends act, you're just getting a court-side seat to what all girls have to deal with.  Girlfriends are loyal until cute boys enter the picture, at which point catty-bitch syndrome takes over.  I passed up the opportunities to date a lot of great guys because one or many of my girlfriends liked them, and I always chose my friends over the petty bullshit, but it's a two way street and I got run over a lot.  I am just now forming the first meaningful relationships I've had with girl friends since middle school, and I still see the claws come out sometimes even though I'm happily married and have no interest in whatever they're chasing.  The only lifelong friends I have and trust are guys, that's just one of several unfortunate things girls have to put up with that guys don't.     
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

backwoodsboy

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 01:11:49 AM »
im 16 ive gotten in fights with my good friends over girls but i never went at them. When they started talking crap i usually ignore it but one of my friends kept grabbing a girl that ive been friends with for a long time so when he came at me i choked him out and he teared up, but it felt really good when he was walking home and she was smiling at me. Her parents are usually strict but we hung out outside till like 4 in the morning. im sure yall can relate to this.