Author Topic: DEFCON-1  (Read 1713 times)

CrystalHunter1989

DEFCON-1
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:56:10 PM »

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
Re: DEFCON-1
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
EDIT: Forget my previous statement because I know what you mean now.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:29:59 PM by Skippy00004 »
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
OK folks here old JohnyMac goes off!

IMO we have between 3-6 months before the dominoes start to come tumbling down. If you are not ready today you have at least 3 months to get ready. You need to think about:

> Cash- As much as you can afford because cash will be king before it fails and the ATM's will not
   work. If you have cash while the sheeple line up at the banks or ATM's you will be able to buy
   last minute supplies.
> Water- Or the ability to turn basic tap water into clean water.
> Food- Unless you want to stand in food lines organized by DHS.
   - Ability to grow food and store it in 2012. For you folks from Mass. that means land, seeds and
     Mason jars.
> Defense-
   - Firearms
   - Ammo to support your firearms AND ammo to trade
   - Neighborhood support
   - Communications [u]within and outside of your perimeter.
> Medical- Bandaids are great but what about other things that WILL hit you and your family-
   - Anti Diarrhea
   - Teeth
   - Anti Bacterial
   - OTC pain medication
> Religion
   - Do you have a bible - Have you read the bible lately
   - Square away emotional debts
> Commodity items-
   - PM (Precious Metals) are the best but what about...
   - Nails
   - Screws
   - Fish hooks
   - Rope
   - Tools
   - Smokes
> What are you going to do for $$$ after SHTF?
   - Do you have a skill?
   - Reload ammo
   - Start a "Old time" general store that works on barter
   - Seeds (This is a cheap barter items- Stock up now)
   - Being a farmer

This is serious shit and I become frustrated when family, friends and acquaintances don't see it and act accordingly.

I know that I have missed many items in my earlier list. The priority above (>) is what I have planned for however the items listed only touch the surface. Please feel free to fill in where I left out items.

Come on guys and gals you need to get hopping! I know I sound like that bearded guy with the placard saying "The end is near... Repent...The end is near."

My rant is over.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
HERES JOHNNY!!!!!!!

Just playing JM.  You know we love ya. 
JM's post is very good advice.  It kinda looks like the world is coming apart and the seams.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
I know I sound like that bearded guy with the placard saying "The end is near... Repent...The end is near."

Not at All Johny.

3-6 months sounds about right to me
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
Sledge  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Here's the deal:

The Euro is going to colapse and each EU country is going to go back to their former curency. The Drachma, Franc, Peseta, Lira, etc are going to be worth squat and what is going to back their currency- Gold? Silver? Land? The Pound Sterling and Deutsche will survive but again what will it be backed by and for how long?

Just think of how much US Dollars are invested in the Drachma, Franc, Peseta, Lira, etc. How will the collapse affect the US?

IMO, we are headed for some troubling times. Times that we as Americans have NEVER seen in our countries history. People who are not prepared will parish and the folks who do prepare may become the "White Army" of the Bolshevik Revolution.

Sorry for being so "dark" Ladies and Gents but that is what I see coming down the pike.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
Here's three good reasons to heed Johnny Mac's advice on a 3 month window.

1)  The EU looks like it may be in the final stages before collapse.  Maybe our resident financial professional could elaborate on this if he would like.  The banks in Europe are even in worse shape than ours.  (Hard to believe.  If ours had to actually value their holdings at what they are worth right now the top five would all be bust.  The Fed Reserve is allowing the basically busted banks to off load their liabilities on to the the FR books for which taxpayers will be liable.)

2)  Israel is running out of time to solve the Iran nuke problem.  Recent reports say there is a 3 month window at most to stop them before Iran will be unstoppable due to potential regional radioactive contamination after that period if Iran were attacked.

http://debka.com/article/21488/

3)  The Russian Military Chief sayed today that "Russia is facing a heightened risk of being drawn into conflicts" and that  ?under certain conditions local and regional conflicts may develop into a full-scale war involving nuclear weapons.?

http://thehivedaily.com/blog/2011/11/17/russia%E2%80%99s-military-chief-warns-that-heightened-risks-of-conflict-near-borders-may-turn-nuclear/

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
In line with this is something I learned last night.  China, another country that would probably get involved in an Iran/Israel conflict, has more women in it's army than the U.S. has in total population.

China 60th Anniversary Parade - Women's Army HD (subbed)

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »
In line with this is something I learned last night.  China, another country that would probably get involved in an Iran/Israel conflict, has more women in it's army than the U.S. has in total population.

one true American patriot has more heart than 350 million Chinese women. fuck those mindless slaves.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »
All great points Sledge.

Let's keep in mind that 60% of Iran's crude goes to China http://www.iags.org/china.htm and I think that 10-15% of Iran's crude goes to Russia.

Mmmm it's interesting that when ever the UN wants to put pressure in Iran these two perminate members of the UN say, "no."

Now on the opposite side of the fence about 60% of Libya's oil goes to the EU
* About 32 percent of Libya's oil goes to Italy, 14 percent to Germany, 10 percent to France and China and 5 percent to the United States.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/16/libya-oil-idUSLDE72F22G20110316...Now you know why NATO was in Libya.

OK with the collapse of the EURO emanate and Israel ready to drop the big one on Iran which will piss off China and Russia; oil prices will go through the roof. Consequently our last bastion of wealth, the stock market will collapse.

OK lets see: The US Dollar is down graded; oil will exceed $150- a barrel; the EURO will cease to exist; Dow Jones will collapse. So what do we have?

Different story but connected. I was at the only supermarket within 10 miles of my BOL last week buying a few grocery's. I was there about 9 O'clock or so and this small grocery store's aisles were packed with box's of food and a lot of employee's putting it away.

I needed some flour and there was a cart in front of the shelved flour so I had to move it to grab a 5# bag. An employee ran up and moved the cart and said, "I am sorry sir."

I told him no worries and then I said, "boy your shelves are really empty. I am sure you are glad that your weekly order came in to put on the shelves."

He replied, "Oh, we have daily delivery's and the shelves look like this by evening every day." I replied, "no way!" and he said, "Yeah we don't get shipments on Saturday or Sunday so by Monday morning our inventory is half of what you see now."

Holy shit man, this may be our last Thanksgiving or Christmas as we know it.

Just some food for thought.

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:06 PM »
I need to invest in training more than anything else. I only know basic marksmanship and weapon maintenance. Hopefully after Christmas I'll have some cash to throw down on some classes.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
I need to invest in training more than anything else. I only know basic marksmanship and weapon maintenance. Hopefully after Christmas I'll have some cash to throw down on some classes.

I'm taking the opposite approach. I'm trying to get my food/water/meds squared away. of course ammo is still up on my list, but being such a brokeass, it's way cheaper to bulk up all my other preps.

either way, we'll need ALL of it. I've never had any official training, and I wish I had, but at this point it looks like we're so close to shit happening that I'd rather spend my money differently.

CrystalHunter1989

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

I'm taking the opposite approach. I'm trying to get my food/water/meds squared away. of course ammo is still up on my list, but being such a brokeass, it's way cheaper to bulk up all my other preps.

either way, we'll need ALL of it. I've never had any official training, and I wish I had, but at this point it looks like we're so close to shit happening that I'd rather spend my money differently.

Make no mistake, I took care of essentials first. I just think it'd be nice to have some guidance from trained professionals who have been in "the storm" and know what to teach average Joes like me who want to survive.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »

Make no mistake, I took care of essentials first. I just think it'd be nice to have some guidance from trained professionals who have been in "the storm" and know what to teach average Joes like me who want to survive.

good for you bro. I wish I had enough sense to work on these things in the beginning instead of spending everything on guns and ammo lol.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »

Aww how cute, its like watching hello kitty.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »

Aww how cute, its like watching hello kitty.
[

one true American patriot has more heart than 350 million Chinese women. fuck those mindless slaves.

Good point NOLA and yep Spirit, aren't they cute.  Don't underestimate someone you may have to fight.  Their culture is different than ours concerning women and I have no doubt they would try to use it for an advantage.

Look at their faces again.  They're soldiers.  If ordered to gut you like a pig they'll do it and won't think twice about it.  The Chinese are legendary for trying to overwhelm adversaries with numbers.  Their casualties mean nothing to them.  They tried it in Korea and damn near did it.  That's one of the reasons your the happy owner of an AR NOLA.

No rant here.  Just saying respect your enemy for what they are and the fact that they can and will kill you.   

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16:01 AM »

Good point NOLA and yep Spirit, aren't they cute.  Don't underestimate someone you may have to fight.  Their culture is different than ours concerning women and I have no doubt they would try to use it for an advantage.

Look at their faces again.  They're soldiers.  If ordered to gut you like a pig they'll do it and won't think twice about it.  The Chinese are legendary for trying to overwhelm adversaries with numbers.  Their casualties mean nothing to them.  They tried it in Korea and damn near did it.  That's one of the reasons your the happy owner of an AR NOLA.

No rant here.  Just saying respect your enemy for what they are and the fact that they can and will kill you.

right on the money.

man reading this whole thread made me feel like i have to take a shit, never had that feeling before...
and i dont have to take a shit.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 05:32:14 AM »
You guys are looney, nothing bad will ever ever happen to the United States. We are too good for anything negative to happen. Duh...

Stupid prepper types always thinkin the worlds endin and shit.

( Please note that the sarcastic smiley will be inserted right ...Here... )
Carry on with your business preppers, where ahead of the game.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »
Reaver  :)) :)) :))

I appreciate your ability to bring humour to a serious topic. You are a good guy and a welcome, solid member of this forum.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
I'm... so... Ronery, so ronery...  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at :))

But yea.  man, woman, or inhuman spawn... in defense of liberty ALL WILL FALL TO MY BLADE!

[img]http://www.smileydesign.n
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »
"Hi sailor. I love you real long time with happy ending."

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 09:20:07 AM »

Been there, heard that!  Only it was more like "I f**k you long time, two dollars." 

Although I suspect the dollars purchasing power has declined these days.

P.S.  Those words are your first indication that you need to keep walking.  Cause your little buddy is gonna get sick if you don't.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:24:00 AM by sledge »

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »

Been there, heard that!  Only it was more like "I f**k you long time, two dollars." 

Although I suspect the dollars purchasing power has declined these days.

P.S.  Those words are your first indication that you need to keep walking.  Cause your little buddy is gonna get sick if you don't.

Need to make up some WW2 style STD awareness posters for modern day lol.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
Sledge wrote:P.S.  Those words are your first indication that you need to keep walking.  Cause your little buddy is gonna get sick if you don't.

More like fall off.

[
b]OONW Wrote:[/b]Need to make up some WW2 style STD awareness posters for modern day lol.

Great idea! Maybe a picture of the encampment at OWS with a caption "this could happen to you."

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »
Reaver  :)) :)) :))

I appreciate your ability to bring humour to a serious topic. You are a good guy and a welcome, solid member of this forum. 

Thanks man.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

My daddy  always said.  " If you can't laugh at life it ain't worth living. "
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.