Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 567 times)

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 25, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »
Took me a while to get to this.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving feast, or good time with friends and/or family.
Even though there are clouds on the horizon, within our sphere of influence, the world is what we make of it.

Take care everyone.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:02:57 AM »
Thank you DM.

Yes, I hope all had a good Thanksgiving.

Keep in mind that a Thanksgiving feast was not invented by the Pilgrim's. The first time a day of Thanksgiving was commanded, post the fall harvest, was told to Moses by God,

And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field. - Exodus 23:16

I read this passage just before we had a Thanksgiving prayer yesterday at our feast where friends and neighbors gathered around our table.

This morning while sipping my first cup of coffee and doing my daily reading, I periodically look out the windows here in the cabin. It is snowing pretty hard and the wood stove is cranked up. I have two cats sleeping on the sofa in front of that same woodstove and W3OOF is sleeping at my feet. I say, "Thank you Lord for all that MrsMac and I have."

73 & God Bless folks.
JohnyMac
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
And a belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, from sunny Tennessee.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 02:03:33 PM »
Happy Tanksgiving to all of you

I spent three days setting rabbit snares and collecting 4.5 rabbits with a buddy, it was our first time doing this. We had many snares that had been tripped and figure it was our poor setup (most likely), snow/ice or smaller animals bumping them down.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 05:40:48 PM »
Snares "hunt silently and do it 24/7".  Good on ya for doing this! 

A long time ago, my snare 'math' was 10 snares in active areas provided an average of 2 catches per 24 hours, move as necessary. I wish that I could snare ribeye steaks, but fats -though a survival necessity- are geenerally in short supply in wilderness areas.

Sir John Honeybucket
Prepper or Survivalist ?

A Prepper keeps survival rations for his pets.

A Survivalist  keeps pets as survival rations.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 07:54:54 AM »
Good for you Grizz. I have never played with snares. Sounds interesting.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 08:34:48 AM »
Well, same back at you all.  I am moving and thinking again, having ate too much for substantial motion or thinking of this prior.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.