Author Topic: The speed of a mouse  (Read 348 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
The speed of a mouse
« on: December 26, 2022, 05:22:47 AM »
I've noticed that when the weather gets cold, mice seem to want to move into my house. Well, I don't like mice so I put out sticky traps year round to stop the little buggers. It works really well and I catch about 6 or 8 every year. Hmmm... The temperature droped real low and a little small mouse got in the house. I saw the little SOB 3 or 4 times and he would stop and look at me, which really pissed me off. If I moved at all or made eye contact with him he would take off and I swear he could run at least 100 MPH. Aha.... After avoiding the glue traps for a few days, he got stupid and steped on one and I got him. Was I humane and pull him loose from the glue trap? Hell no! The last time I tried that the little twerp bit me and drew blood. I just took him and the tray outside and threw his little ass as far into the woods as I could.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: The speed of a mouse
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 10:14:29 AM »
     Yeah, mice are a pain in the butt.  I've never had any luck with the sticky traps.  I use the traditional traps baited with peanut butter.  If you have chickens, you can feed the dead mice or rats to the poultry, they love the extra protein!

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 01:27:45 PM »
We use TomCat press-n-set  traps [https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N6XKVNY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1][/url]    and they - so far - have proven to be VERY effective.  Traditional traps proved to not work well with our local mice.  The TomCat traps are similar te traitiionald traps, but  on steriods. Safer and easier to set (though my wife insists that I do it...) and they kill mice swiftly. 

- Sir John Honeybucket

Prepper or Survivalist ?

A Prepper keeps survival rations for his pets.

A Survivalist  keeps pets as survival rations.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 12:19:23 PM »
We have two inside and 2 outside cats. The outside cats I think of as a patrol that walks the wire 24/7. Then the inside cats as a palace guard. We have seen no mice inside and outside there are only dead ones left on the welcome mat along with chipmunks, birds, and frogs.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 03:28:17 PM »
We don't keep indoor cats because they make my eyes itch. I once had a yellow tabby cat, when we lived in the city, that I really liked but he was dumb enough to go out into the street and got run over. If a mouse ran across the room, he would look at me as if to say, "Aren't you going to do something about that mouse?" Now that we live out in the country, we don't actually keep cats but some ferrel cats have showed up and I feed and water them because I'm an animal lover and don't want them to starve. Only one of them is not afraid of us and he comes running when I go out to put food and water in the bowls. About a week ago, one of them brought a Squirrel skin and left it on the porch. Say what??? I don't want a dead squirrel on my porch. Well, I guess its better than a friend of mine's experience. He had a cat that would bring snakes up to the house and leave them on the back porch. That doesn't seem like its too bad of a thing but the damn cat would bring live copperheads up there and leave them.