Author Topic: your truck gun  (Read 2710 times)

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
your truck gun
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
ok guys, so i been running into thug punks starting shit with me everywhere i go it seems, and i can't carry while on the job, so my only real option is a truck gun. Which until a day ago was a 38 revolver, but i have decided to change it out with a glock 17 because of the size of the group of gang bangers i come across usually makes me feel outgunned with 6rds.
as they say wolves travel in packs

so i thought this would be a good time to start a thread and talk about our truck gun choices and our philosophies behind them
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
Re: your truck gun
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
I keep a vehicle loadout but not for hooligans. I have my .357 for that. I do feel you on being out gunned, but do you think everyone of them will pull a pistol? I honestly dont think they will man. Its good to protect yourself, trust me, I know. But you dont want to have to explain to a court as to why you thought it would be a good idea to pull out para military weaponry and mow down six dudes. You have a real high chance of getting dicked over. I would go for a concealable pistol, the glock is good, but with a high cap mag. Only ready your longsword if you absolutely need to. I can only speak for myself in this choice of carry, so just stay safe and keep calm. More firepower is not always the answer. Others may disagree. I like this post. Lets get some more thoughts on this.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
East Mountain Division. 1st I.D.
We are the mountain. We are the people.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm pretty limited in the handgun department but the G22 lives in my wife's truck and the 1911 is usually with me wherever I go.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
I keep a vehicle loadout but not for hooligans. I have my .357 for that. I do feel you on being out gunned, but do you think everyone of them will pull a pistol? I honestly dont think they will man. Its good to protect yourself, trust me, I know. But you dont want to have to explain to a court as to why you thought it would be a good idea to pull out para military weaponry and mow down six dudes. You have a real high chance of getting dicked over. I would go for a concealable pistol, the glock is good, but with a high cap mag. Only ready your longsword if you absolutely need to. I can only speak for myself in this choice of carry, so just stay safe and keep calm. More firepower is not always the answer. Others may disagree. I like this post. Lets get some more thoughts on this. 

when your outnumbered your only chance at winning is having superior firepower
i wouldn't call glock a paramilitary weapon either, infact i went with it instead of an ar15 pistol because of just that

i got serious love for the 357 double action, but when there's 7 dudes i'm screwed, and on top of that there is a HIGH likely hood i will need followup shots

for me, when i'm in the city and i got a serious threat of multiple individuals i might have to fend off i want FIREPOWER

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »
mtn i think as long as it's a plain jane glock and you don't go on a damn shooting spree I'd say you'll be fine

these idiots running around with the 30 rounders are just asking to get thrown in jail even if the shooting was justified. it's retarded but it's reality.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »
Hello all, RON L here

Normally I carry 24/7, In the shape of a 1911a1 or a BHP Clone or at times a J-Frame snubby! I never feel undergunned and I don't worry about what the "COURT" will think? No, I don't add a 30 rnd mag, and we have Gang and Crime Problems even here in the Mountains! I feel my skills with a handgun are good, as well as maturity to try and end an argument, without gun play, But if  not, it's on my Hip! I do Keep a marlin Papoose in the Cars trunk, but thats a Game getter, not really a Crime gun?? LOL

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
ok guys, so i been running into thug punks starting shit with me everywhere i go it seems,

What kind of stuff are they starting with you Mountain?  Are they avoidable?  Are they making threats?  Are the threats considered life threatening where they would be considered assault?

I say ignore them right up to the point where they are a physical threat.  Then use only the force needed to make them reconsider what they are doing.  This should keep you legal and hopefully out of a trial should things turn ugly. 

I don't have a truck gun per say.  I carry concealed.  Usually unless it's very cold out it's a Beretta Storm Sub Compact 9mm with a standard 13 round mag.  It will also take the 15, 17, and 20 round magazines for a standard PX4.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
When I say Para Military, I mean Black Rifles. SOrry for themix up. ANd you all have really good points. Glad to see Rons feedback.

Colombo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
In case of trouble.
Primary, 5600 pounds of 3/4 ton gmc (not sure what the foot pounds of energy equivalent is).
Secondary, glock 20.  (about 600 foot pounds each round).

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
In case of trouble.
Primary, 5600 pounds of 3/4 ton gmc (not sure what the foot pounds of energy equivalent is).

LOL!  I don't know what the foot pounds of energy is either.  But I wouldn't want to be standing in front of it. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
ok guys, so i been running into thug punks starting shit with me everywhere i go it seems,

What kind of stuff are they starting with you Mountain?  Are they avoidable?  Are they making threats?  Are the threats considered life threatening where they would be considered assault?

I say ignore them right up to the point where they are a physical threat.  Then use only the force needed to make them reconsider what they are doing.  This should keep you legal and hopefully out of a trial should things turn ugly. 

I don't have a truck gun per say.  I carry concealed.  Usually unless it's very cold out it's a Beretta Storm Sub Compact 9mm with a standard 13 round mag.  It will also take the 15, 17, and 20 round magazines for a standard PX4.

i do construction, mostly rebuilding shit from where crack heads tried to burn down their houses for the insurance
not good neighborhoods at all

so then all day long we get guys dumpster diving and looking for materials to steal
i'll come outside the job and find 6 guys looking in my truck, then when i holler at them they get standoffish, and want a fight
or they'll be prowling around the property when i get there or some other shit
i've already had 5 incidents where someone breaks in when i'm there working

i am going to start carrying on the open construction sites, but when i am doing remodels i can't carry because the homeowner is around

hell i get guys acting like they are going to jump me over nothing, hell i'm eating lunch in the wendies parkinglot

reason i'm switching over to a glock is because these fuckers are in groups of 4 or more usually

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
In case of trouble.

my primary off the job is 1154 ft/lbs per round

FEAR ME

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »
Sounds like you need a Draco.  :))
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
Sounds like you need a Draco.  :))

pretty tough to carry one while i'm doing tile........

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
I stick a sign in the window of the truck that said "beware of pet rattlesnake".

I hate thieves.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Shall I recommend the Mini  ::)
New Range Toy: The Century Arms Mini Draco AK Pistol
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »

I'll bet that looks a little too much like an AK for Mountains tastes.  LOL!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »

He just bought a preban.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 05:06:31 PM »

He just bought a preban.

Seriously?  Mountain did?  Really?  Well alright Mountain.  Now you have a bear stopper!

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
i take it you have never come across a bear with an attitude sledge

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »
Responce to Patriot Seeker, It's all Good man I understood what you were Trying to say, I just see it as "Judged by 12, Rather than Carried by 6", is still How I Roll and Live! I feel for Mountain,I know the types of creeps he's dealing with and yes they Love to to the gang Up thing and Running htem over is not always an option? LOL I have made a few Creep Turn and change thioer Mind and all when I "Filled my hand", Not had to shoot many of them, but you know they go the point? Cowards always do and usually hang out in packs, so the pick of a Hi-Cap Gun, I go with as well! I hope his situation Improves but not likely as Society as a whole seems to be getting worse each decade? Or Perhaps I'm just old? LOL

RON L
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:17:00 PM by RONSERESURPLUS »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »

No Mountain, I haven't.  If I ever do I hope I have my AK with me.  If the 30 rounds doesn't stop him I'm going to beat him to death with that wood stock.   :)

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »
Im pretty sure an AK can kill anything on this planet. Good choice! But if you want small package with alot of output power, pick up a little Uzi or Mac-10. I see them quite often out here. Dont know about your area, but If you find em, you can get them below 600 bucks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:15:54 PM by PatriotSeeker »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 05:15:20 PM »

No Mountain, I haven't.  If I ever do I hope I have my AK with me.  If the 30 rounds doesn't stop him I'm going to beat him to death with that wood stock.   :)

lol, mountain the bear down here are the size of your deer up their.

I can hit a Fl black bear with a spit ball and he'll run away.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 05:18:37 PM »
i've heard your bears are like coyotes here...........