Author Topic: The Wild West  (Read 143 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
The Wild West
« on: March 29, 2023, 10:24:55 PM »
I can't fathom the notion that the general public has about Guns and Shootings. They don't seem to understand how the Wild West operated. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry carried a gun. When you check the shooting statistics, there were less shootings in the Wild West than there are today. Even the women carried derringers and small revolvers. I don't even go to places where I can't carry my weapon. Things are so bad in the city just North of me that I don't even like to go there and Situational Awareness is my first priority when I do go there. In my humble opinion, everyone should be required to carry a gun at all times. 

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Re: The Wild West
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 08:50:14 AM »
You are quite correct, of course.  As the mass murderer Lenin said: "One man with a gun can control 100."  However, an armed society is a polite society because if the one criminal enters a business and flashed his pistol at 100 armed citizens, he is not long for this world. 

The cure for a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

The classic rule still holds:  :boltAction:

Sir John Honeybucket

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:55:45 PM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 12:28:04 PM »
    I guess it depends upon where you are regarding the percentage of the population that is armed.  I went to the local Tractor Supply store Sunday morning to pick up some fencing supplies.  While waiting to check out, I noticed the customer in front of me had a pistol holstered and so was the one behind me in line.  I, of course, was carrying as well.  In this particular town, a high percentage of folks are well armed.  I see it when I go to Walmart or when I go to one of the local grocery stores.  We aren't in a high crime area, but this area takes the Second Amendment seriously.  It's a rare day when I don't hear someone in the neighborhood practicing their firearm skills.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 08:13:40 PM »
An armed society is a polite society
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c