Author Topic: Solid EDC Sidearm  (Read 910 times)

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure
Solid EDC Sidearm
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm almost done with this project. PM if you want to see the before and in progress pics. I've done all the work myself with exception of the sandblasting, a friend donated his time and machine.

Flattened slide stop, reprofiled and blended thumb safety, blended grip safety, blended, smoothed and rounded MSH, fully dehorned, reparkerized. It's got night sights.

█████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is█████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This update has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

backwoodsboy

Re: Solid EDC Sidearm
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
 :o  8)

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
Hello all

My EDC Needs are simple and workable, have used for years, a good Holster and all the de-horning and cut downs not necessary:

Image Links for Firearms in my Posession and owndership

M-95 Classic Licenced Argintine Copy of Browning High Powwer in 9MM

S&W Model 36 38 SCPL 2" Snubnose Revolver in Robart finish:

Rock Island 1911A1 Clone in 45ACP, 5" Barrel with Beveled magazine well, opened up ejection port and rubber grips

Sterling Model 300T 22LR Target Pistol,

Walther P-22 .22lr pistol 3.5" barrel with (3) 10 rnd mags, small, lite pistol for trail or plinking

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:25:46 PM by RONSERESURPLUS »

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Rail Driver: Nice work, what length barrel is that? What is your opinion of Rock River Arms quality?

Ron: Kudos for the HP love. Great designed firearms. Been looking around a Hungarian FEG HP clone/copy for edc.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
Rail Driver: Nice work, what length barrel is that? What is your opinion of Rock River Arms quality?

Ron: Kudos for the HP love. Great designed firearms. Been looking around a Hungarian FEG HP clone/copy for edc.

looks like a 3" barrel to me
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »

It's a 3.5" barrel (my Springfield Micro Compact has a 3" barrel, and it's truly short!).

Overall I'm pleased with the quality of Rock Island Armory guns. I've owned several, and while they've all needed very minor tweaks out of the box (my first needed an ejector fairly quickly due to a poor staking job, my second one just needed a "fluff and buff"). They're solid entry level 1911s. This one got the full treatment because I had been looking around for a gun to practice file work on (after practicing on blocks of steel for a long time).

As far as the Rock River 1911s... I can't afford one of those :P

@RonSereSurplus: I own several good holsters, along with a good belt. The dehorning is for comfort. Most 1911s are pretty much a handful of sharp edges. I prefer the smoother feel of mine now that I've dehorned it. I cut down the slide stop for cosmetics. I trimmed the thumb safety for cosmetics as well (I left more than plenty of material there to actuate the safety, even in stressful situations).

I have soft hands. So sue me :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:09:10 PM by Rail Driver »
█████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is█████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This update has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
As far as the Rock River 1911s... I can't afford one of those :P

Guess I had rocks in my brain while writing the post. My little brain said Rock Island, but my fingers typed Rock River.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Thank RD.

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 06:54:35 AM »
IF THATS WHAT YA NEED AND WORKS FOR YOU, THATS ALL THAT NEEDS SAID!

RON L