Author Topic: So, Glock v 1911  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
So, Glock v 1911
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »
Which is it?  But see below.  Lets be civil on this discussion.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: So, Glock v 1911
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »
huh, i prefer the CZ75.
<grins evily> :stir:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 03:08:51 PM »
Well one day you will get a 1911 and know what a real gun feels like in your hand.

Nemo   :boltAction:

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline ThePreppingAcademy

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 06:11:07 PM »
I've never owned a Glock. Shot them, but I don't see all the fuss. If I was going to pistol of similar concept I'd recommend what I currently own. The Walther PPQ. I've been shooting for a good while and I know a few guys using theirs in competition and doing very well. Hands down its one of the finest off the shelf pistols I've ever shot. The trigger is phenomenal. That said, I still prefer my custom Kimber Raptor II. I'm balls on accurate with it.

Folks can get in to a number of debates about caliber, precision, reset, ergonomics, but at the end of the day it's what your comfortable shooting and train with. If your a hardcore Glock fan I can't say I'll honestly knock you. It's just not my preference.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:48 PM »
Well, if you like Walthers, know they do make a 1911.  Get one*.

Nemo

But a Colt is better,  8)

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
testify Nemo :) :dancingGrenade:

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
I am trying.  Maybe now I can get this brouhaha going.

Nemo  :baconDance:

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 12:34:03 AM »
I've owned about 4 Walthers over the years. I'm not sure if I'd look to Walther for my 1911. My first 1911 was a Ruger. I was fairly impressed with the quality, but it lack in aesthetics. Given the choice between it and the Remington R1 I'd still go with the Ruger. I know a lot of people hate on Kimbers for the price and hype, but I've been very pleased.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 01:54:56 AM »
The best secondary is the one you can afford and then practice with.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 02:00:31 AM »
Nothing worth mentioning in firearms development in 105 years right?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Nothing worth mentioning in firearms development in 105 years right?

That's a good point!  And I agree.   ;D

I think Nemo started this thread in a moment of boredom with the intent " This will be fun!"   :popcorn:
He has apparently already made up his mind on which firearm he prefers.  ( And I personally agree with him.)

I will say this, I've seen a lot of Glocks in use at the range by people who were meeting the Concealed Carry requirement.  Never saw one with a problem and they ate some of the cheapest ammo around.  I spend more time teaching students to use point and shoot techniques at close and mid distances than I do iron sight shooting for self defense.  Students new to firearms tend to pick up that skill quickly with a Glock as well.       

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »

I think Nemo started this thread in a moment of boredom with the intent " This will be fun!"   :popcorn:
He has apparently already made up his mind on which firearm he prefers. 

I was hoping for the bottom frame in the pic above.  And any questions as to my preference see my tagline below.

Nemo   :baconDance: *

dancing bacon is cool!

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
TG has a point. I mean, that's why I own a Tavor. I've owned a variety of guns over the past decade and a lot typically cycle out for improved version, but when it comes to my pistol. Eh, I guess I just have a soft spot for the 1911. I'm a flawed man, but I wouldn't change it. At least I'm not a liberal.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »
I mean, that's why I own a Tavor.

All you Tavor owners are the same....  :stir:

https://youtu.be/cCJan7eulbI
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:01 PM »
Ken that is great! 

So does this have to stick to just Glock and 1911 or do the other plastic fantastics count?  And what about 2011s do they still count under the 1911 banner?

I have a Glock but my go to polymer framed gun would be an M&P.......but that is still behind my 9mm STI (2011).  Gotta have a 1911 if just for qualls. Mine is a Springfield TRP Operator.

I tried the Tavor for a spell.  Never felt even a little bad about getting rid of it. I always needed to make it a point to take it out to train with it. It was never a gun that I just went to.  If I wont train with it then its not worth owning.  I guess the same could be said about the 1911-Glock divide ;)

Chris

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »
 @Nemo -  I have been thinking about it.
I've fired the 9mm version of the small frame glock and the full size.  smooth and never jammed on me (i only fired a couple of boxes, say about 100 rounds through them).
I've fired a 45 - for years in the US military.  I didn't have any problems with it either.

I picked a CZ-75. solid manufacture, good rep, cheap, i was in Europe, std NATO round.  the only thing i've ever done vis armorer type maintenance was a new barrel and springs.  i've heard striker fired weapons are reliable but i'm too old fashioned to trust them.  On the other hand, the hammer can't foul on a striker fired weapon - my own fault but i managed it on a range once with a 45. I tangled the hammer up in the little strap on my gloves - It was good for a laugh but range paper isn't too dangerous and rarely returns fire. :)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »
So you're agreeing the 1911 is the correct answer.  As do all men of intelligence and fortitude.

Nemo

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:27 PM »
So you're agreeing the 1911 is the correct answer.  As do all men of intelligence and fortitude.

Nemo

"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 10:06:25 PM »
I mean, that's why I own a Tavor.

All you Tavor owners are the same....  :stir:

https://youtu.be/cCJan7eulbI

Love it Ken. The Tavor isn't for everyone, but I'd buy it all over again over an RAR AR15  :facepalm:

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »
Fuckin' Nemo..

Who do you think the threat is?

Ready to turn the Red Tide buddy?

Your whole kit was obsolete before the war that made it famous was over!

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 01:54:37 AM »
9mm or .45?

Chili with or without beans?

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
w/beans bro

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
With?  Without?  Makes no difference to me.  Cept the bean ones make me generate great volumes of noxious odoriferous farts.

Nemo

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:08 AM »
No no no no no!!!!

You guys are missing one of the most iconic manufacturers! I'm ashamed of all of you!!

Hi Point firearms win, hands down.  :fuckYeah: :fuckYeah: :fuckYeah:

As made famous by your friendly neighborhood "Gator," "This is my Glock 40, this is my problem solver right here."

https://youtu.be/pSh-XENBLRQ
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:47:07 AM by rah45 »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
Nothing wrong with a Hi Point.  I have a matching set of a C-9 and 995.  Both big, ugly but reliable as Hades with a lifetime no questions asked warranty and share magazines.  You can get the pair for under $500.  Probably have enough left over from that for a box of ammo.

Nemo