Author Topic: Sharing the message  (Read 2408 times)

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
Sharing the message
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
EJR and I spent the day at patcon (rah wish you could have made it bro it was awsome, I will call you and give you a full run down). One of the biggest things we talked about today was networking and spreading the message. We talked about spreading the message to groups most of us havent thought of as allies. The occupy wall street types being one of them, while all of their values are not the same as ours some are. What we discussed is starting working with these groups on our common interests (keeping politics out of the mix) and talking to them about personal liberty and the teachings of the constitution. Try to think of the people you may meet in your life that may not share all of our beliefs but some of the core beliefs. Now without talking politics but talking about those beliefs you have in common and building a relationship on that, would they be more willing to listen to what we as a group are trying to sale (prepping and personal freedom). Just a thought you guys might find interesting.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Sharing the message
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »
I agree and dissagree. yes we share some similar beliefs but occupy wallstreeters at their core have a give me everything for nothing mentality that just wont jive. if you get them interested in prepping theyll start demanding the Govt. supply them with 1 years worth of food.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
Good stuff GAP.

Ken: I disagree, the Occupy folks I've met aren't looking for hand-out, and a lot of them seem to follow very sustainable, independent lifestyles, that aren't that far away from a lot of preppers. Maybe you just need to talk to more Occupy people?

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
I dont know on the street level I think most people are just pissed off with the current situation and looking for a way to change things. The upper levels of the movement are marxists and directing these people. People are seeing problems with the system and are jumping on to anything that seems like it might change things. The tea party for instance was not a GOP movement it was average people tired of what was going on, the GOP latched on and took control of it and have began using it for their own end game. OWS is much the same way but the dems have latched on to it. People are so tired of the their freedoms being taken away they see the writing on the wall, and they are doing anything they can to change it. just my .02 but i do believe these people could be an asset to us.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »
Gap and EJR, thanks for going and reporting back.

I to think that the leaders of OWS are Marxists and Anarchists. The other folks are just "usefull idiots." Lenin had a lot of usefull idiots and when he was done with them they were discarded. Hitler had his usefull idiots and they were called the "Brownshirts." When it was time to discard them he did in a swift action called, The Night of the Long Knifes. I will have to think on it concerning talking with the OWS usefull idiots.

On another note: I am a Tea Party member and maybe some other Tea Parties have been co-opted by the GOP but I can assure you ours has not.  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:31:34 AM by special-k »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
*sigh*

Now I'm even more unhappy that I wasn't there. I've been thinking the same things for a long, long time.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
GAP is this what Patcon is? linky

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »
Crudos thats the one! Check the schedual they are having them all over the country this month and next. We planning on having another here in GA in 60 to 90 days.

Johnny libs have been using the useful idoits for years and it has been working to pass their agenda. So thats was the basic thinking of trying to pull them into the fold with us, its time for us to start using their tactics against them.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
Ok ill play along....what EXACTLY could the OWS people do to help us? all they are good for is yelling at cops on the street, getting pepper sprayed and then being totally stoked that they did their part to change the world. a liberal voice is a weak voice because it has no gun to back it up.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
Ok ill play along....what EXACTLY could the OWS people do to help us? all they are good for is yelling at cops on the street, getting pepper sprayed and then being totally stoked that they did their part to change the world. a liberal voice is a weak voice because it has no gun to back it up.

i can understand both sides of this one. I tend to lean a little more towards what Ken is saying, but I do recognize that not EVERY single OWS person is a moron.

honestly, I think our purposes will be better served by trying to wake up normal sheep, rather than radical leftists. for example, if I have someone who's hardcore for Obama, and then someone who's just kinda on the fence, doesn't care much, I'd rather spend time on the latter.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »

i can understand both sides of this one. I tend to lean a little more towards what Ken is saying, but I do recognize that not EVERY single OWS person is a moron.

honestly, I think our purposes will be better served by trying to wake up normal sheep, rather than radical leftists. for example, if I have someone who's hardcore for Obama, and then someone who's just kinda on the fence, doesn't care much, I'd rather spend time on the latter.

i agree 100% NOLA and perhaps i wasnt being fair by including ALL OWS people in my stereotype. but yeah generally speaking... theres better places to find "soldiers" for the fight.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
Guys the point is this isn't left and right, lib and conservative. "We the people..." all the people there are liberal preppers, personal politics shouldn't get in the way. Because what everyone want its personal freedoms, no one likes being told what to do and how to do it. This country was founded by people from all different walks of life. Hell John Adams represented the soldiers that fired on the people in the Boston massacre. We aren't trying to take a person that "love Obama" and turn them into a Ron Paul voter.The goal is to take that person and show them why wall street has become such a big player and why the little guy has a hard time succeeding. Government over regulation, or take that person that is pissed about gas prices "it's bushes fault or its Obama's fault" its government intervention and regulation. Once you can get people to look at the world in that manner they will become a Ron Paul supporter. No one wants this country to go down the shitter on either side, and we as citizens (all of us) are looking for a way to fix things. But as long as we are stuck in the left right bullshit we will never get the numbers to make a positive change.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Gapatriot wrote:
Johnny libs have been using the useful idiots for years and it has been working to pass their agenda. So that's was the basic thinking of trying to pull them into the fold with us, its time for us to start using their tactics against them.

I had a 5 hour drive today and I thought about your comments. Bottom-line, I think it is all of our responsibility to a reach out to these usefull idiots (Sorry I am not being PC here) to explain and maybe coax some folks over to our way of thinking. I don't mean politically (Barry Vs. his opponent) but the Constitution Vs. Marxism.

I can do that.  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »
The modern American "Liberal" is the antithesis of everything I believe in.  Modern liberals are the marxists of yesterday, especially the OWS types I have seen are very much in that mold. 

I am about personal liberty, what I earn is mine etc, they are not.  I am for a small government, they are for a government that has the power to "spread my good fortune (actually results of hard work) around."

They are very much the people I would expect to be fighting if it comes down to it.

I prefer to be waking up every day working Americans, people that are already philosophically on my side but need to prepare.
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »
+1 Currahee 

The OWS people feel they are entitled to certain luxuries just for being born. they are the people who thought a "participation trophy" for all the kids who play soccer was a good idea. well it isnt a good idea... little billy lost because hes fat and slow and he needs to be told up front that he isnt as good as the true winners who worked harder and did better. now little billy is out there demanding his adult participaion trophy because all his life he was told he deserved one. little billy grew up to be worthless. little billy is an enemy of america.

Adam corolla says it best

Adam Carolla explains the OWS Generation
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:14:01 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »
I hear ya' however isn't it worth talking to the the "useful idiots"? If nothing else to gain info?

One of my nephews friends is an OWS guy. Well I listened to him and brought up the Constitution on the computer. I went through each of the Bill of Rights with him and asked, "Is this what you want?" In every case it was "yes."

He didn't have a clue to what was in the US Constitution. When he left he was spouting Conservative idea's. Now who knows what will happen with him later however I thought I had moved a check into the Pro Constitution column.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 09:44:36 PM »
holy shit Adam Corolla fuckin OWNED that shit! lol.

my only gripe is that towards the end of the rant he buys into the whole "they hate us for our freedoms" bullshit. other than that, EPIC rant.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29:43 PM »
Guys the point is this isn't left and right, lib and conservative. "We the people..." all the people there are liberal preppers, personal politics shouldn't get in the way. Because what everyone want its personal freedoms, no one likes being told what to do and how to do it. This country was founded by people from all different walks of life. Hell John Adams represented the soldiers that fired on the people in the Boston massacre. We aren't trying to take a person that "love Obama" and turn them into a Ron Paul voter.The goal is to take that person and show them why wall street has become such a big player and why the little guy has a hard time succeeding. Government over regulation, or take that person that is pissed about gas prices "it's bushes fault or its Obama's fault" its government intervention and regulation. Once you can get people to look at the world in that manner they will become a Ron Paul supporter. No one wants this country to go down the shitter on either side, and we as citizens (all of us) are looking for a way to fix things. But as long as we are stuck in the left right bullshit we will never get the numbers to make a positive change.
Nice try GAP and think your right on with your comments. I wonder how many forum folks ever actually went down to their local Occupy and talked with the people there? From the sampling of comments, I'd say none. I dare say most folks have never actually met a real live USA Communist Party member, yet talk how they are somehow controlling everything they hate. Come down to Madison on a Saturday morning, when the Communists are out hawking their newspaper to the passerby's, and have a chat with them. Damn interesting stuff. I used to live near enough to Madison for years, and never met the stereotypes that get bandied about in this forum and other forums. Mainly, its just regular folks, trying their best to make it through, trying give their kids and families the best shot possible, and none of them were ever looking for a handout from Uncle Sam. I didn't agree with them on all things, but there comes a point in life that you need to put aside silly generalizations and divisiveness and get on with making your neighborhood, your city, your town, your nation, a better place.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »
Nice try GAP and think your right on with your comments. I wonder how many forum folks ever actually went down to their local Occupy and talked with the people there? From the sampling of comments, I'd say none. I dare say most folks have never actually met a real live USA Communist Party member, yet talk how they are somehow controlling everything they hate. Come down to Madison on a Saturday morning, when the Communists are out hawking their newspaper to the passerby's, and have a chat with them. Damn interesting stuff. I used to live near enough to Madison for years, and never met the stereotypes that get bandied about in this forum and other forums. Mainly, its just regular folks, trying their best to make it through, trying give their kids and families the best shot possible, and none of them were ever looking for a handout from Uncle Sam. I didn't agree with them on all things, but there comes a point in life that you need to put aside silly generalizations and divisiveness and get on with making your neighborhood, your city, your town, your nation, a better place.

Excellent example of how we got from there to here.  There was a time when Communists didn't come out in the open.  We were a prosperous nation then, back before we became more accepting of "other" ideas that weren't contained in the Constitution. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
You guys would of had to been there to hear the entire rational with the Restore the Constitution folks co-opting the OWS and other movements.  I don't think GAP and I can tell you or explain everything that was talked about.

Also, when a friend of mine went down to OWS in Atlanta with an AK, and told the OWS people that he didn't agree with a lot of what they said, but they had the right to say it, and that he'd defend them in any way if the LEO's tried to come down there and take them, and that is why the ATL mayor called it off.  Anyway, it made all those useful idiots type think, hmm, this guy was willing to come down here and risk his life, so that we could continue to protest, what's up with that?  It got them thinking about personal freedoms. 

A lot of what was talked about was prepping topics, basically.  Medical, sales, food, homeschooling, education, economic freedom, economic survival, personal freedom, personal survival, liberty, strategy, and basically bringing more people into the fold of self-sufficiency.  Also, befriending some of these 'dependent types" trying to help them out, teach them how to fish, so to speak, so helping them start their own company, or just teaching them how to grow their own crops for food, make them more self-sufficient, so they don't have to lean on the government for food or housing. 

The man in the corporate job, is just a big as slave as any of us.  He is bound to that job for the livelihood of his family, and his livelihood.  The welfare crowd is basically a slave to the government for their livelihood as well.  Both are slaves, none are self-sufficient.  Without the corporation or without the government, they couldn't survive on their own.  Neither are going to be there when SHTF or WROL.

If it weren't for Tom Baugh, http://www.starvingthemonkeys.com/AboutTomBaugh.html  wrote a book called Starve The Monkeys, BUY IT AND READ IT.  I would have balked and laughed at the idea of trying to bring the OWS into our fold, and also, using them for what they are useful for, and throwing away all the bad BS that they preach.  He perfectly explained how we could use these useful idiots for our gain.  Not to mention, they have perfected being irritants to the powers that be.  They get people to work together, like block intersections, then when the LEO's show up, they just disperse immediately, and evaporate like mist, to go meet at a new location, and do it all over again.  They tie up LEO's for days doing this crap.  They are spending their resources doing that crap, instead of out writing speeding tickets and harassing normal everyday citizens with writing them fines or arresting them for simple malum prohibitum crimes. 

If you cannot see how using people like that, could be useful to FreeFor, then I don't know if I can help you or not.  Everyone is useful.  You may not bring these people INTO YOUR TRIBE, but you can certainly direct them into a group, where you can use them for the FreeFor gain.  Even the hot head, ready to start the shooting militia guy, can be used.  You don't want him in your tribe, but you can direct him into a group, where a person like that may be useful at some point in time in the future. 

The whole point is that you need to use the useful idiots for YOUR GAIN, and then try to bring people over to our side, that can be brought over, and if you can't use them for anything, then just toss them aside, and forget about them.  Only use the people that can be used for something.  Become smart, cunning.  Use the useful idiots you can use, and bring the ones that can be brought over to our side if its possible.  Also, if someone is willing to work, willing to learn how to start their own company or grow their own food, teach them how to do it.

Each person must do this individually, and it cannot be even a group effort, even though its being taught to a group.  You have to teach the teacher first, before you try to go out there and teach other people on how to grow food or how to start and keep a business going. 

Anyway, if Tom Baugh is at a PatCon near you, try to make it, sit down, and listen to what he has to say.  It makes perfect sense to me.  The guy is smart, he's cunning, and I believe he has a strategy to win.  Also, everyone of us has our own strong points and our own weak points.  Everyone won't be able to sell somebody on an idea, but you have other strengths that FreeFor can use.  Basically, try and get together with your local FreeFor, organize, and see which of your skills can be put to good use at either hypothesizing, or actually just teaching your FreeFor brothers and sisters a certain skill.  Also, once you get started learning something, you can probably learn more on your own through reading and then going out and doing. 

I hope that I made sense when I tried to explain all this to you guys.

A LOT of stuff was talked about from 8AM til 8PM in one day, without a whole lot of breaks all day long.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:54:19 AM by EJR914 »

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
Pete from WRSA, and a guy that goes by the call sign Grenadier1 put this thing together.

Pete offers this small recap of the GAPatCon, and as we get more info on the GAPatCon, I'll share it with you guys.  I think I'll be getting an email soon with all the information we talked about in a summary form.

Education and Freedom

One of the big areas of discussion at Georgia PATCON I was the need for folks to increase their economic freedom via skills development.

For example, if I must rely on only my corporate salary to feed my family, aren?t I in fact indentured to the corporate-government complex?

Short answer: you betcha.

For that reason, home-school/self-study programs such as this one are an essential stepping-stone to breaking out of serfdom, if one is already bound.

And for young people just approaching the practical skills development stage of their education, what better place to start?

Please spread this link to any homeschoolers that you know.

Freedom comes from economic self-suffiency, in a very practical sense.

Help spread it.

Click the link so that you can click on the embedding links in the article to read more:  http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/education-and-freedom/

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
Another big message that needs to be told is this, "Things are really bad right now, they are really screwed up, but it doesn't have to be this way."

"But it doesn't have to be this way," is the important part of that phrase.

What are we going to do about it, to fix this really screwed up situation that we find ourselves in?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
EJR reported:
And for young people just approaching the practical skills development stage of their education, what better place to start?

Man O' man I can relate to that. My nephew is in his second year of college. He went in with the idea of eventually becoming a nurse. Well this year he changed to wanting to become a Psychologist. A PSYCHOLOGIST? What the phuck use is a Psychologist!

I get tired of parents pushing their kids into college. If I had to do it all over again I would of apprenticed to be a carpenter. To see the beginning, middle and end of a project is nirvana to me.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 01:33:06 PM »
Excellent example of how we got from there to here.  There was a time when Communists didn't come out in the open.  We were a prosperous nation then, back before we became more accepting of "other" ideas that weren't contained in the Constitution.
"Other" ideas like the eight hour work day, five days a week? Vacations? Who exactly was prosperous in the nation back in those cherished days?  Workers were treated like utter crap, all of us (I assume most all of us here are working class) would've been worked to early graves if it wasn't for "other" ideas and ways of thinking in our development as a nation.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 02:18:52 PM »
GAP and EJR got the right thinking on this.

"We the people" is all the people. One of the most discusting social ideals that has been forced down our throats is this divisive mentality.

Some of the things we hold sacred as American Ideals were like Crudos mentioned were infact brought to us by Communist Agitators within the Labor Unions. The 40 hour week, the weekend, Labor Day and minimun wage.

We as Americans need to quit thinking in terms of race, political belief, gender or socail status when we look for potential allies in the fight against Corruption, Greed and Oppression.

We missed a fantastic opportunity when OWS first started, we could have infiltrated those crowds back when their message was "we are angry," before they united under the banner of "Free Shit Army."

We need to quit looking at what separates us as a people and look to what unifies us.