Author Topic: Saiga 12ga with choke?  (Read 662 times)

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure
Saiga 12ga with choke?
« on: February 01, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
Personally I don't see the need for an adjustable choke on a defensive shotgun.

Do you? Why or why not?
█████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is█████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This update has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Saiga 12ga with choke?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
You might have other uses than a defensive shotgun.

Who says one day you wont want to take squirrel or bird?
I prefer full choke my self.  Even on Defensive shotguns.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »

I prefer full choke my self.  Even on Defensive shotguns.

My Saiga 12 is a defensive shotgun. It's not a hunting gun. I have guns for hunting. Besides... Who takes squirrels or birds with buckshot/slug defensive loads? I don't even practice with bird shot, I practice with full power defensive loads :)

Basically... While you or others might have other uses for their defensive shotgun, I don't. I use additional needs as an excuse to buy another gun.  [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m

Personally I think an adjustable choke on a defensive shotgun is an answer to an unasked question. Besides... What happens when you forget you went goose hunting and choke the shotgun as tight as it will go, then neglect to adjust the choke before you put it away loaded with slugs? I've seen more than one shotgun barrel destroyed when the shooter tried to fit the wrong slug through a full or extra full choke.
█████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is█████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.██ ████████ ██████ ██████████ ██ ████ ██ ████ ██████████ ██. ███ ███ This update has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A and has been removed.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »

So you saying that if SHTF after an EMP attack your going to walk out of the house with your " Defensive shotgun " and your " hunting shotgun "

ALL that I'm saying is. There might be the chance that you may have to use it for other things.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Rail Driver

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »

So you saying that if SHTF after an EMP attack your going to walk out of the house with your " Defensive shotgun " and your " hunting shotgun "

ALL that I'm saying is. There might be the chance that you may have to use it for other things.

There might be the opportunity or chance to use it for other things, but that doesn't mean it won't do plenty good enough with a cylinder bore.

Considering there are two adults and two small kids in my party, my spouse would likely be carrying my AK slung (low recoil, accurate enough, easy to use) since she's not a "gun person". She'd also have one of my pistols holstered. I'd have my S12 in hand, my M44 slung, and another holstered pistol. The rest would be in my duffel bag :D (yes, I have a plan already).

I still need a .22lr though.

The only game I hunt (not saying I'll NEVER need or want to hunt birds) requires buckshot or slugs. Anything smaller and I'm likely to use a rifle.