Author Topic: Range report: 2.11.12 various pistols and analysis  (Read 559 times)

1000meterstare

Range report: 2.11.12 various pistols and analysis
« on: February 12, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »
1)  Ruger p97 .45acp.  What can I say, its my workhorse.  I've had her for almost 9 years now and know her idiosynchrasies like the back of my hand.  Built like a tank, +p's all day with zero issues.  I can clean it "when I feel like it" and it always fires.  Yeah, I admit, it's a really crappy trigger but I'm so used to it and the recoil rythym of the .45 it's second nature.  I can do real tight groups in a matter of seconds with rare flyers at distance.  This weapon is still my "go to" because it has always taken care of me.

2)  Nazi-occupation Browning Hi-Power made in WW2.  70-years old and still kickin'.  Perhaps the most accurate pistol out of the bunch.  Fit, finish, and action like a fine-tuned European motorcar.  At 10 yards I did the Lethal weapon smiley face on the head of the silouhette.  Have a nice day!  Putting the target all the way back (indoor range) scored all hits.  Still getting used to the lesser 9mm recoil for muscle memory.  The rifling has 8-grooves instead of the standard 6.  This pistol is worth $3,000 but shoots like a million.  The most well-balanced of the bunch.

3)  A gift.  My buddy bought me a custom model 637 .38 +p from the smith and wesson performance center.  Impact about 1 inch above front sight blade, left/right on the money.  Totally shocked at how well it grouped at 15 yards using .38 +p hollows.  Snappy rough recoil but more than accurate enough for a belly gun.  This puppy tips the scales at 15 ounces and is now my summertime ccw piece.

4)  Fun gun/handout pistol for WROL.  All-steel CZ-82.  You can smack someone upside the head with this little all-steel beast and knock them out.  Durable, tough.  Polygonal rifling with barrel fixed to the frame gave tight groups with zero flyers.  Almost as accurate as my hi-power with my Ruger in a close 3rd.  recoil is minimal and ammo is cheap but somewhat underpowered (caliber similar to .380).  You can put 4 rounds on someone before they fired a shot.  Not crazy about the mag release for my small hands.  12 in the mag, no other complaints.

Take what you want from this writeup, but I feel I own 4 fine handguns. [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline RONSERESURPLUS

• Senior Prepper
Re: Range report: 2.11.12 various pistols and analysis
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:05:32 AM »
Thanks man, Good Report, I apprecited the "Weapons Mix" that ya told us about, I need to do the same deal with my Pile of different guns and Will try to Include Pics and all as that makes it all more fun, appreciated the post a lot! I always Notice a Post when it mentions a BHP in it, LOL

RON L