Author Topic: NEW A5!  (Read 2211 times)

backwoodsboy

NEW A5!
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »
http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=372  im so excited i cant wait, will be one of the fiirst to buy no doubt.

backwoodsboy

Re: NEW A5!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »
am i the only one?

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »
No man, I dig.

Just really hard for me to adapt anything past a Wingmaster Magnum from 1960's know what I mean.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
im glad someones else loves browning shotguns, and yea i feel you on that one, i love old classic guns from the 50s,60s, and 70s but my grandpaws old savage semi auto from the 50s has seen better days so i told my dad i didnt want to use it and keep it in the safe since it and 2 old 22 rifles are all i have left from him since he past away at 76 in 1996, and my moms dad whos still alive and i love him to death but wont budge at giving me his old browning a5 sweet 16. but i dont blame him since my uncles hunt also and one of them will get it so i figured i would buy me a new one so it reminds me of him when i use it. :)

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
def. go "hunter" that thing is puuurty

backwoodsboy

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »
yea my dad will buy me the hunter are the duck camo one but ill look at them and decide when they come out, will probably get the camo since i only use shotguns for duck hunting and i wouldnt want to scratch up the wood, but ill see exspecially if were gonna spend 1500 on a shotgun i want to be sure on which one i want.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
were gonna spend 1500 on a shotgun

:o

I...I think I'm gonna faint....

You realize you could a VERY high-end AR or a Springfield M1A for that kind of money, right?

backwoodsboy

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »
yea but i hunt alot to other than prepping, im in the woods just about every weekend either deer or squirrel hunting and occasionally i go with friends duck hunting.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
and my dads already planning on buying him a m1a but hes still not sure because the rounds are so exspensive.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:13:55 PM »
yea but i hunt alot to other than prepping, im in the woods just about every weekend either deer or squirrel hunting and occasionally i go with friends duck hunting.

I get that, but in my mind, a good pump action shotgun such as a Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 would work just as well for 1/4 the price, leaving a lot of money for equally important firearms choices. You could get a decent pump-action and a good, quality AR, both of them together, with that much money.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
see thats what i was thinking at first so i told my dad can i get a browning bps and another ak but in a underfolder cause it would be the same price, but he just sat here and didnt say anything so i said nevermind cause hes the kind of person that would say nevermind we wont get either so i walked away, but i may try again.

Bobruffles

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:08 AM »
Get a supervinci, thats basicly what the new "A5" is. I mean 1500 is the target price for a nice shotgun, but before you hop on the bandwagon look at the other options. IE:Anything Bennelli, Stoger M3500 or M2000, Berretta, Winchester SX3, Remmington VERSAMAX. These are all wonderful choices and in the 1500-2000 range, so look at all your options before you choose. Especially at the VERSAMAX and Bennilli SUPERVINCI, I own both and adore them.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »
I respect your opinion and all but i know several people who jumped on the benelli band wagon, ive never heard anyone thats had a problem with browning. i was hooked on the benelli sbe2 for a while but after shooting one it almost felt slippery in my hands for some reason, and my dad wont give a dime to remington since the quality of there guns has seemed to have dropped. no offense at all but the benelli vinci or supervinci is ugly in my opinion, but thanks for the recommendations.

Bobruffles

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »
I respect your opinion and all but i know several people who jumped on the benelli band wagon, ive never heard anyone thats had a problem with browning. i was hooked on the benelli sbe2 for a while but after shooting one it almost felt slippery in my hands for some reason, and my dad wont give a dime to remington since the quality of there guns has seemed to have dropped. no offense at all but the benelli vinci or supervinci is ugly in my opinion, but thanks for the recommendations.
Well no offense but your opinion sucks

backwoodsboy

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »
sorry to hear that man, but is it just me or do benellis feel slippery?

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
my dads nova feels like a tank to me, shit because it is. i will never pay more than 500 for a hunting shotgun,  i dont need anything fancy.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
my dads nova feels like a tank to me, shit because it is. i will never pay more than 500 for a hunting shotgun,  i dont need anything fancy.

Exactly. I mean, unless you're purchasing a high-capacity defensive shotgun, such as Saiga 12ga, what do you need a semi-auto shotgun for, anyway? Not to insult anyone, but paying more than $1,000 for a shotgun just seems like an attempt to make it into a certain elite hunting status...or something like that. Unless you just have tons of money to blow on anything, I think it's a waste of resources that could be better spent on other things.

Ghost

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
Semi-auto shotguns are great for bird hunting. But paying anything over 6-7 hundred for one wouldn't happen, for me personally. Buddy of mine got one, not sure of the maker, but daaaamn what a piece.

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
It's funny how the classics always come back. Maybe the Savage 99 will come back too.

My second shotgun was a A5 but I don't remember the heavy lacquer coat on the wood. That I do not like on the new one.

To me a shotgun is a tool and consequesntly my shotguns look like they have been moved. I am not affraid to go into thick thickets after critters and my forearms take some abuse.  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Ghost

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
It's funny how the classics always come back. Maybe the Savage 99 will come back too.

My second shotgun was a A5 but I don't remember the heavy lacquer coat on the wood. That I do not like on the new one.

To me a shotgun is a tool and consequesntly my shotguns look like they have been moved. I am not affraid to go into thick thickets after critters and my forearms take some abuse.  :))
Very true mate.

Can't wait until we get a modernized Winchester model 1897. Just some stuff on the 1897 that makes me happy; 
Although the Model 1897 was popular with American troops in World War I, it wasn't so popular with the German troops. "On 19 September 1918, the German government issued a diplomatic protest against the American use of shotguns, alleging that the shotgun was prohibited by the law of war." A part of the German protest read; "It is especially forbidden to employ arms, projections, or materials calculated to cause unnecessary suffering". "This is the only known occasion in which the legality of actual combat use of the shotgun has been raised." However, the United States interpreted their use of the shotgun differently than Germany. The Judge Advocate General of the Army, Secretary of State Robert Lansing carefully considered and reviewed the applicable law and promptly rejected the German protest. France and Britain considered using shotguns as trench warfare weapons during World War I. The shotgun in question was a double-barreled shotgun, which was not used because they were unable to obtain high powered ammunition and that type of gun is slow to reload in close combat.

I love scatter guns :)

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
I would buy a Win 1897 in a New York minute if one came out. Of course it wouldn't be Winchester to do it as they are owned by some EU company now. Maybe Cimarron or Umberti though.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Ghost

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
Remington M1897, anyone? What a dream that would be. But it HAS to come with a bayonet though, and maybe a WW2 pinup picture ;)

Maybe a few of us should get together and open up our own weapon manufacturing company. Modernize the trenchgun, get great semiauto "combat" shotguns down to a steal of a  price, and mass produce some god damn 7.62x51 for Rah.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 02:59:58 PM »
Remington M1897, anyone? What a dream that would be. But it HAS to come with a bayonet though, and maybe a WW2 pinup picture ;)

Maybe a few of us should get together and open up our own weapon manufacturing company. Modernize the trenchgun, get great semiauto "combat" shotguns down to a steal of a  price, and mass produce some god damn 7.62x51 for Rah.

If it rusts like the 870 does, no thanks...I'll make my own.  :))

I would LOVE some mass-produced 7.62x51, as long as Mtnredneck doesn't put any of his "special sauce" in the powder....  :o

Colombo

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
For 400 otd you get your pick.

Also got a S&W 3000  (copy of the 870) for 290 otd, rifle sights, parkerized and wood furniture.

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 04:46:04 PM »
Colombo,
that Win '97 do know the year of manufacture if not give me the S#. Will you take a C&R FFL for it?

Other questions would be:
Working order?
Origional Parts? or is she a Frankinstein?
That baby wouldn't sit in my gun cabinet, it would be used.

Man...How do I buy it without my wife knowing? I just jumped on her shit for spending $100- for flannel sheets.
 [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at