Author Topic: Making The Lightning For Your Force Multipliers - Mason Dixon Tactical  (Read 737 times)

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
https://masondixontactical.wordpress.com/2019/04/03/making-the-lightning-for-your-force-multipliers/

Execllent write-up and seems a relatively inexpensive investment for such a capability.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
   Yeah, that was a good article.  The equipment he recommends is decent too.  Though I'd probably go with a Suntactics solar panel, as they've been very durable and work efficiently.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
Good article. Thank Patriotman.  :thumbsUp:

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
Good article. Thank Patriotman.  :thumbsUp:

:cheers:
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Offline SemperParatus

• Prepper Apprentice
Several years ago I decided that I to wanted a somewhat portable solar powered generator so ---- I purchased 9 deep discharge 130 amp lead acid batteries and place them on a wooden pallet in a heavy duty garden cart.  I linked the batteries is series which gave me 1,170 amps of 12 volt power.  I constructed a wooden platform over the top of the cart where I mount the charge controller and 5000 watt inverter as well as a 1000 watt inverter and a power strip. In a seperate heavy duty garden cart I placed 4 100 watt solar panels mounted in their stands as well as a large munitions can which I store all the electronics when the system is not in use. Set up time is about 20 minutes to lay out the solar panels and make all the connections. I keep the batteries on smart chargers and check water levels every 3 month as well as pperforming a load test on each battery. So far the system has worked out well and has been put to use several times during power outages.  Primarily it is used to charge small appliances and run 2 refrigerators and 2 freezers.
Always Prepared

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Great idea SemperParatus!

If you have the time, would you write an article complete with pics and post in the DYI section of the forum. If you need any help just drop me a PM.

Thx brother!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
Great idea SemperParatus!

If you have the time, would you write an article complete with pics and post in the DYI section of the forum. If you need any help just drop me a PM.

Thx brother!

yes please!!

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
I've been interested in the Tactical versions of the POWER GORILLA & POWER MONKEY kits by PowerTraveller.

Link contain examples but I did not search for the best price.
https://www.thewarmingstore.com/power-traveller.html
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline zeerf

• Prepper
https://youtu.be/Nf9X4YIK9xA
DIY Portable Solar Power Generator | Lithium LiFePO4

OH8STN
Published on Feb 18, 2019

this is his bigger build he has many other videos and started smaller (highly recommend the 10AH one as it was fun build and learned allot) As he states in many of his builds and videos you can buy cheaper or more expensive stuff but when you build it you gain better understanding and some idea of how to troubleshoot and possibly fix it. Many of the cheaper all in one units would be troublesome or impossible to repair.

Many others doing videos like this I enjoy OH8STN as he is also portable emergency communications focused.

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
Re: Making The Lightning For Your Force Multipliers - Mason Dixon Tactical
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »
https://youtu.be/Nf9X4YIK9xA

DIY Portable Solar Power Generator | Lithium LiFePO4

OH8STN
Published on Feb 18, 2019

this is his bigger build he has many other videos and started smaller (highly recommend the 10AH one as it was fun build and learned allot) As he states in many of his builds and videos you can buy cheaper or more expensive stuff but when you build it you gain better understanding and some idea of how to troubleshoot and possibly fix it. Many of the cheaper all in one units would be troublesome or impossible to repair.

Many others doing videos like this I enjoy OH8STN as he is also portable emergency communications focused.

OH8STN puts out really good content!  I ordered some of the components to start a smaller setup, but that project found its way into a box when I moved.  My portable rig is screaming for a smaller/lighter power source and this will do the trick.  Did you finish your build?