Author Topic: I underestimated my neighbors.  (Read 166 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
I underestimated my neighbors.
« on: September 27, 2022, 09:30:39 PM »
I live about 20 miles from the nearest CITY and have one TOWN 4 miles North of me and one TOWN 4 miles South of me. I thought that I had about 20 houses within a mile of me but tonight I used Google Earth to count the number of Houses within 1 mile of me. DAMN! There are about 50 houses inside that circle. I guess I'm going to have to get a bit picky about who I give Radios to. My 5 closest neighbors have been covered but I've got to start thinking farther out. With my Base Station antenna, I can easily hear one of the Handi-Talkies out to about 5 miles as long as they are transmitting from outside their houses. When things start to get bad, I guess I'll find out who in those 2 little towns (More like Villages) are also preppers and maybe see to it that they have a radio to give us a bit more notice of bad people coming my way. I have a friend 3.5 miles away who is also a prepper and I have no trouble at all talking to him while he's inside his house. He already has several UV5R's.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: I underestimated my neighbors.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 09:38:13 PM »
Think strategically who receives a radio. Also, a DIY external antenna works wonders. Here is a article I wrote for American Partisan years ago.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 05:36:22 AM »
Don't forget to have a bag of cheap whistles to pass out to everyone in your neighborhood pulling security. It worked for the London bobbies back in the day and can be just as effective today.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 10:30:25 AM »
Just received a phone call from one of my local MAG members. Here radio is not working properly. I will swing over and check later today.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.