Author Topic: Home Defense  (Read 718 times)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Home Defense
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
There are fundamentally three types of defensive strategy (five if you refer to current conventional doctrine): strongpoint, perimeter, and area defenses. Because, at least initially, most resistance elements will lack supporting fires arms such as artillery, anti-armor weapons, and crew-served weapons (I am well aware of the fact that there are groups around who possess any combination of these armaments cached away in preparation for the coming difficulties, the fact is most of us do not --J.M.), they must strive to avoid prolonged positional defensive operations as much as possible. Defensive operations by resistance forces should possess the goal of not only withstanding a regime attack, but also of setting the stage for, and transitioning to, the counterattack phase (a critical reality that is too often overlooked by the "let's build a bunker" crowd). This rules out the strongpoint defense for protecting a guerrilla base. In fact, the only application the strongpoint and perimeter defenses have in the UW paradigm for the American Resistance is in home and homestead defense during the initial stages of conflict, and for non-guerrilla elements of the resistance, such as the subversive underground and members of the auxiliary who find themselves, of necessity, continuing to function as part of "normal" society, despite the presence of "peacekeepers" in the streets (this specifically has been brought up several times in recent classes/clinics, and I will address it below), and stormtroopers kicking in doors. The guerrilla base, and other infrastructure of the resistance, in resistance-controlled territory, must, to have any honest chance of success, rely on the area defense strategy.

Much more here:  http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/2012/04/defensive-considerations-for-resistance.html

Another great article.  I hope this is the correct place to post it.  If you want to post it under survival, go for it.
Number two, remember, if it gets to the point where you find yourself defending against multiple enemy personnel, all utilizing select-fire weapons, with armor support, and all in body-armor, you might kill one or some, and wound several others, but you're not going to WIN and SURVIVE all by your lonesome, and the team you're going to need isn't going to be comprised of just you and the missus. That thinking is so far beyond delusional that it's fucking stupid. If you don't have a crew/team/tribe of friends that you can call, at Zero-Oh-My-God-Do-You-Know-What-Fucking-Time-It-Is-Thirty, and tell them to get to your place with shovels and a bag of lime, and trust that they WILL show up, no questions asked, then your only successful "defense" is going to be a fool-proof escape-and-evasion plan that lets you slip away through an established cordon of enemy security, while the entry team is stacking on the front porch.
  LOL  I love this guy.

Establish realistic, effective perimeter security. Don't live in a suburban neighborhood where your perimeter will, of necessity, be within yards, if not feet of your front and back door. That leaves no maneuver room for you to break the cordon and escape. If you must live in a suburban neighborhood, you better make sure you have a metric shit-ton of the above mentioned "shovel-and-lime" friends on your street to help back you up when the two-way range gets hot. By perimeter security, I am referring to some form of deterrent devices (before hostilities are openly hot, IEDs/booby traps MIGHT be overkill, although I'd certainly be the last person to tell you not to emplace them, as long as the risk of injury or death to neighborhood kids isn't a consideration you need to make) and, more importantly, early warning devices to provide you adequate warning to get out before the AFVs get to your front door.
  LOL   
Have "shovel-and-lime" friends nearby, and on "speed-dial." Ensure multiple means of communications, since the enemy will do their best to shut down any form of outside communication as soon as they begin moving on a structure. Make sure those friends will start engaging the hostiles from the rear and flanks to distract them from their mission of breaking and entering or home invasion. A couple of sniper teams engaging the command post (CP) from 800-1000 yards out will go a long way towards disrupting the enemy's OODA loop, giving you an opportunity to start counter-punching more effective. A couple of mortar rounds dropped on their heads, courtesy of a home-built mortar tube would probably be even more effective. Combine the two and I guarantee, they're going to pull back and reconsider just how critical it is to take your house, today.
  Yeah, this guy rocks!   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

"Shovel and Lime."

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Home Defense
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
Pulled this off of " Thehighroad.org " It was written by a moderator over there that goes by the name of.
 " Dave McCraken "

The dog gave enough warning for you to get the kids into your bedroom and the shotgun out. Behind you, your spouse is calling 911 on the cell phone and holding a revolver. You're covering the top of the stairs as heavy boots clump towards the top floor.....

What your shotgun is loaded with will be of less importance than skills, training, and tactics, but ammo does count. I field a couple queries each week, so this is of great interest to a large number of people.

Here's my opinions and advice based on fact, not movies or wishful thinking....

First,some stuff to avoid.

Less lethal stuff like rubber buckshot or tear gas loads. It's regarded as Use of Deadly Force even when the police do it, and they do it when backed up by cops with real ammo in their firearms. That's in case L/L doesn't work.

There's a clue there. Use something more likely to STOP someone when that is desperately needed.

Also, avoid anything with a name like "Ultimate Deathmaster" or skulls on the box.

Don't laugh,it happens and PT Barnum was right, one IS born every minute.

Anything exotic like Dragon's Breath, bird bombs, buckshot strung together on a wire,etc.10 thin dimes would also be a bad idea. So would be reloads.

Any shooting, justified or not, will be scrutinized under a microscope by LE folks who are not necessarily your friends.

There is a case for and against using birdshot. Sometimes it works well. Usually that's at extremely close range where the wad still contains the shot,acting like a giant Glaser Safety Slug.

Sometimes it creates ghastly but shallow wounds. Since STOPPING the threat usually involves disrupting the Central Nervous System grossly, these shallow wounds do not suffice.

Bigger pellets penetrate farther. The common name for big pellets is buckshot, from its use in deer hunting. Common US sizes are 000 ( about .36 caliber), 00 (.33), 1 (.30), and so on.

4 buck(.24) is the smallest. The largest buckshot that fits in a 20 gauge is 2 buck, but 3 is more available. 1 buck is the biggest for 16 gauge.

00 is the choice for most police agencies and lots of us civilians. 8 or 9 00 pellets at a reasonable muzzle velocity has plenty of energy to transfer and a lot of frontal surface to help that happen. Even three to five 00 or 000 pellets can make the miniscule 410 into an effective close range tool.

00 also patterns tighter than the smaller stuff, all else equal. And that brings up another point.

Some folks like spread, thinking it can make up for bad aim under stressful conditions.

Others, including me, prefer a small pattern putting ALL that energy into the right place.

Forensic experts tell me that the most effective load will have all the pellets in 5-8 inches.

Of course, the biggest pellet is one bore sized chunk of lead, usually called a "Slug".

These have some use for defense but not inside. If they are designed to penetrate a deer broadside and exit, they can pose a threat of overpenetration inside a building. Few of us are that rural that an errant slug poses no threat to anyone.

Buckshot will also penetrate drywall and similar materials, but less so. It behooves us to become adept wiith our defensive tools until we can place that load where it needs to be in a very short time frame and do so without endangering innocents.

Thoughts?

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
Sounds good.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

cornkiller1

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:22:36 AM »
eh... I have 3 go to guns in my house...

I keep a fully loaded Beretta 92fs with 124gr +p hp, ak47(whatever i got 6 different types of ammo), and Mossberg 500a I think its loaded with 00 buck fiocchi.

I'm going to grab one of these three.. On multiple occasions I've heard a bump in the night or just a bad feeling.. I've found myself carrying a different gun each time.. Its really whatever is closer or whatever is my newest loaded up toy at the time.