Author Topic: Hawkeye Review on A-TACS FG-X camo  (Read 570 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Hawkeye Review on A-TACS FG-X camo
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »
Here is a video from Hawkeye on a review of the A-TACS FG-X camo offered by 0241 Tactical. He posted it on American Partisan titled, Early Spring A-TACS FG-X camo testing.

Thoughts?

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Re: Hawkeye Review on A-TACS FG-X camo
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »
I really like it. I want to try it out in my AO because I think it would work quite well. I check ACC and brent0331 before I purchase any camo
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 09:39:49 AM »
Now granted Hawkeye filmed this camo review during early spring, it seemed a bit dark for his AO.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:53:19 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:02:56 AM »
This X line from ATACS confuses me a bit.
I got the handle of FG and AU..

Where he was standing at first the classic ATACS FG might have been better due to all the strong leafy greens being a bit lighter.. Where he was hunkered down late in those leave his FG-X was better..
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline Hawkeye

• Prepper Apprentice
    • UW Gear
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 01:11:16 PM »

Where he was standing at first the classic ATACS FG might have been better due to all the strong leafy greens being a bit lighter.. Where he was hunkered down late in those leave his FG-X was better..

FG-X: Foliage Green Xtreme - Heavy woodlands & Jungle.
iX: Intermediate Xtreme - Good general purpose intermediate pattern that does well in a broad range of environments. Is designed to work well with both FG-X and AU-X so that you can have 1 set of gear that works with all 3 patterns.
AU-X: Arid/Urban Xtreme - For dryer arid areas and urban evironments. Does have some woodland crossover capability.

Offline Hawkeye

• Prepper Apprentice
    • UW Gear
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
Now granted Hawkeye folmed this camo review during early spring, it seemed a bit dark for his AO.

Agreed. I'm going to retest it later in the summer, in the same area and in a different location as well.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 06:08:26 AM »

iX: Intermediate Xtreme - Good general purpose intermediate pattern that does well in a broad range of environments. Is designed to work well with both FG-X and AU-X so that you can have 1 set of gear that works with all 3 patterns.
AU-X: Arid/Urban Xtreme - For dryer arid areas and urban evironments. Does have some woodland crossover capability.

I do have some IX stuff and really like it but I am not 100% sold on FGX over FG. I will have to test my AO.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Offline Hawkeye

• Prepper Apprentice
    • UW Gear
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 02:55:20 PM »

I do have some IX stuff and really like it but I am not 100% sold on FGX over FG. I will have to test my AO.
Personally, I think for Eastern US woodlands, I like FG a bit better in general. FG-X is probably a better "jungle/tropical" pattern, but it  relies on a heavier and thicker overhead canopy. Now some thick woods of the eastern/southeastern US do have significant overhead canopy, but I thinks it's a bit to random to make FG-X a better overall choice than FG. That said, I think iX is a better choice than FG for most of the east US.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »

Personally, I think for Eastern US woodlands, I like FG a bit better in general. FG-X is probably a better "jungle/tropical" pattern, but it  relies on a heavier and thicker overhead canopy. Now some thick woods of the eastern/southeastern US do have significant overhead canopy, but I thinks it's a bit to random to make FG-X a better overall choice than FG. That said, I think iX is a better choice than FG for most of the east US.

Interesting. Your thoughts mirror my own. Thanks for sharing. I did think that FGX reminded me of tiger stripe in a way.