Author Topic: Equipping The Guerrilla Fighter  (Read 2192 times)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Equipping The Guerrilla Fighter
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:11 AM »

Part I:  http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/2012/01/equipping-guerrilla-fighter-part-one.html

The guerrilla fighter is a true light-infantryman in the classical sense of the term. He is essentially, a woodsman-scout. The guerrilla operates in a manner that emphasizes the expert use of his personal small-arms, the use of stealth in all of his movements, using the available terrain and cover to counter the supposed technological advantages possessed by regime forces, and an expert grasp of the fundamentals of small-unit, ?hit-and-run? maneuver warfare.

The guerrilla possesses the trained ability to operate day and night, over varied, broken terrain, using his field-craft expertise and whatever technological assets are available to him, to escape enemy observation until he chooses to attack. When he moves, the guerrilla moves from one position of concealment to the next. He strives to utilize appropriate movement techniques to maximize the value of masking terrain. When not changing positions, the guerrilla remains motionless and hidden from observation by regime forces that may possess the most advanced STANO (Surveillance, Target Acquisition, Night Observation) tools available....

Part II:  http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/2012/01/equipping-guerrilla-fighter-part-two.html

The first of these is the degree of seriousness in one?s preparations. If it is simply a hobby, because you enjoy shooting guns, that?s okay. There is certainly nothing wrong with that in a free society. You don?t need to invest any more time or money than you fell like spending. You will get away with airsoft-quality gear and base-level, budget firearms and tools. However, if you genuinely believe that ?bad times, they are a-comin?? then you have to look at your preparations in a far more serious light. In this brighter, more intensely focused light, then quality becomes a far more important issue. How much is your life actually worth? How about the life of your children and spouse? What about a successful restoration of the Constitution and the Republic?)

Keeping in mind the previously mentioned importance of maintaining the lightest load possible for the guerrilla fighter to operate in the woodsman-scout model, the foundation of the 2nd line fighting load-out is the load-bearing equipment (LBE). While it for a guerrilla fighter to toss a spare rifle magazine in his pocket, a bag of lunch and a blanket in a knapsack, and traipse off to war, experiences and battle damage assessments (BDA) conducted in Afghanistan have demonstrated that this is far from an ideal way to go about the business (on numerous occasions, following airstrikes on Taliban/AQ positions, SF ODAs have conducted BDA, and found dead enemy fighters with this very load-out). Such a poorly equipped soldier, regardless of the depth of his religious motivation, is a lousy match for a properly-equipped opponent with good training. While the guerrilla may spend a great deal of time in nothing more than his basic 1st line ?survival load? while in secure areas or performing covert operations in denied areas, whenever possible, when conducting combat operations, the guerrilla should be wearing adequate LBE to complete his mission.

Part III is here!  http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/2012/01/equipping-guerrilla-fighter-part-three.html

Fairly good articles.  What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:32:55 AM by EJR914 »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Equipping The Guerrilla Fighter
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »
Yes and No

I think it's awesome.... but some people are giant crybabies. And leave SP for such talk.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »
I like it!!! [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co Speaking of which how much ink do you have for your printer ejr? I have like 12 gigs of stuff that needs to be printed.

goodnightChesty1775

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
Chesty i thought about that and im afriad that if i take it to kinkos when i go to pick it up there will be a black suburban with some guys in suits wanting to talk to me. You know "see something snitch something".

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
Chesty i thought about that and im afriad that if i take it to kinkos when i go to pick it up there will be a black suburban with some guys in suits wanting to talk to me. You know "see something snitch something".

ahahah good point, and if you pay in cash, that much more 'evidence'

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 02:57:17 AM »
Where do you find all these great articles/sites? Damn good find.

Easy.

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 06:41:48 PM »
WRS is good stuff  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 01:15:56 AM »
WRS is good stuff

[url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:38 AM »
ejr posts the best shit like this
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
Part III is finally here:

EQUIPPING THE GUERRILLA FIGHTER, PART THREE (THE SUSTAINMENT LOAD)

Recognizing the importance of always striving to reduce the mobility-destroying load-bearing requirements of the guerrilla fighter, it is critical to first dispel some long-cherished myths regarding the historical American woodsman-scout. When most Americans consider the archetype of the woodsman-scout, their visualization typically involves a frontiersman (eastern long-hunter or western ?mountain man?) slipping silently and effortlessly through the timber, carrying everything he owns in a shoulder-slung ?possibles? pouch or a small knapsack slung across his back. This, like the cowboy-plainsman with his bedroll strapped behind the cantle of his saddle, is for the most part, nothing more than Thoreauan mythology.

Prior to the World War Two introduction of realistically practical off-road motorized transport, long-term travel in the backcountry almost always involved the use of livestock for transportation of personnel and logistics. Guerrilla and irregular forces have historically made wide-spread use of the local indigenous beast of burden as well, whenever possible, even as recently as the GWOT (SF made rather extensive use of animal transport in the early days of OEF, thanks to the Northern Alliance's reliance on horseback transportation. Both SOF and conventional forces have continued to make use of pack animals, in various degrees, according to my sources, especially in the more remote, extremely alpine regions of Afghanistan.--J.M.). Nevertheless, for the light-infantry force, the paradigm in large part remains the focused on man-portable sustainment load-bearing equipment, in the form of rucksacks....

It is neither necessary nor desirable to pack the ?kitchen sink? in the guerrilla sustainment rucksack load. A guerrilla light-infantry patrol is not a recreational backpacking trip. Focusing the sustainment load packing list on the basic necessary logistics of survival and combat effectiveness, rather than creature comforts, and the regular utilization of pre-positioned re-supply caches, makes it possible to minimize the guerrilla fighter's load to the barest minimum possible....

http://mountainguerrilla.blogspot.com/2012/01/equipping-guerrilla-fighter-part-three.html