Author Topic: EMP/Solar Flare  (Read 680 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
EMP/Solar Flare
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
 Do you have a plan in place if an EMP Attack or major Solar Flare occurs? the second either of these scenarios happen youll more then likely be stranded without a motorized vehicle where ever you may be if you drive a modern vehicle (post 1974). You could be at work, your wife could be at work... you could be out of town... i think everyone should have a plan in place...meeting locations, where your wife or kids should go if they are at school or work. "go to this location and wait for me to arrive to help make our journy safe back to the house/BOL". it would be a good idea to pre-plan routes you will take depending on where you will be when a disaster occurs.

It would also be a good idea to have basic essentials in your vehicle at all times so if your stranded you have everything youll need for your journy to meet up with family or back to your house. depending on your daily commute your list of items might just be a single small bottle of water because you only work 10 miles from home. what ever your plan may be i say get it put in place now so you dont get caught with your pants down.

Im working on my plan now... just thought id share my thinking... i know this isnt anything new but i bet at least one guy on here hasnt thought this scenario through yet.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

Re: EMP/Solar Flare
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
Great post Kentactic. Good food for thought. I work over 50 miles from home.

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
Re: EMP/Solar Flare
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »
WHile I am very aware of this threat. And between the two i actually consider this to be a likley thing to happen at some point. My plan is currently not adequate or effective enough. Its something im working on. but i recently started a new job and it can take me on a three hours drive away from home almost any day of the week. So I would have to say my new priority should be my GHB. which i do carry with me when i go. Its just not currently set up for what could turn into a three day return journey. And a CCW for three to four states. as i travel into several to do my job. My last job was literally a 1 1/2 hour walk from my house. Think ill work on this situation this week. Under the grey man guidelines. Perhaps one of those colapsable bikes would be worth looking into
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.