Author Topic: Crime  (Read 120 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Crime
« on: September 28, 2023, 12:26:22 PM »
WTH? There's a huge truck plaza 2 miles down the road from me. This place is no small deal. There are 3 hotels, an Italian resteraunt, Wendy's, Popeyes, Gas/Convienience store, Truck Stop with Subway, Starbucks and all the Trucker conveniences. Well 2 guys wearing masks, came in and ripped the ATM machine off the wall in the game room, threw it in the trunk of a Dodge Charger and hauled ass. I went in there this morning for coffee and there were 2 Sheriffs vehicles and a Channel 6 News crew vehicle there. Hmmm.... I guess I'll have to stop leaving my protection in the car in the future when I go in there. The Truck Plaza has a Gazillion cameras so I hope they at least got the License plate number.

Online zanedclark

• Prepper
Re: Crime
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:57:55 PM »
A similar thing happened at the shopping center where we do most of our business.  Gas station and store with an ATM which backed up to a glass wall.  Sometime during the night about 6 to 8 months ago, glass smash and ripped out the ATM.  I don't believe it was ever solved.

I find myself more and more doing continuous visual sweeps of the parking lots when we leave stores. 

zane

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 01:16:44 PM »
WTH? There's a huge truck plaza 2 miles down the road from me. This place is no small deal. There are 3 hotels, an Italian restaurant,
 .     .     .
and a Channel 6 News crew vehicle there

I presume thats WTVR 6.  Please advise if wrong.

I have looked for a news report but can find none.  Link perchance?

Nemo
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 01:21:03 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 01:52:46 PM »
I can't speak of older free standing ATM's you typically find in convince stores and such, however, the newer ones have GPS tracking installed. It is kind of like LoJack. Is that a company anymore?  ;D

Anyway, I hope they caught the crooks.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 07:08:14 PM »
WTH? There's a huge truck plaza 2 miles down the road from me. This place is no small deal. There are 3 hotels, an Italian resteraunt, Wendy's, Popeyes, Gas/Convienience store, Truck Stop with Subway, Starbucks and all the Trucker conveniences. Well 2 guys wearing masks, came in and ripped the ATM machine off the wall in the game room, threw it in the trunk of a Dodge Charger and hauled ass. I went in there this morning for coffee and there were 2 Sheriffs vehicles and a Channel 6 News crew vehicle there. Hmmm.... I guess I'll have to stop leaving my protection in the car in the future when I go in there. The Truck Plaza has a Gazillion cameras so I hope they at least got the License plate number.

Research the Lubys shooting in 1991. A woman left her CCW in the car that day and both her parents will killed in that shootout. I will NEVER take it off again (her words)
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 01:26:41 AM »
Yes Nemo, it was the WTVR TV station from Richmond. I saw a cameraman walking around but I'm guessing that the robbery was probably outweighed by maybe some murders in Richmond. Just an addition....... Petersburg (nearest city to me) has passed an ordinance making it illegal to carry a firearm on any street, alley, or sidewalk. Bwhahahaha...... It has had absolutely no effect on the number of shootings. Now the criminals just shoot you from their cars.  :facepalm:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 08:34:50 AM »
PKv wrote, "Petersburg (nearest city to me) has passed an ordinance making it illegal to carry a firearm on any street, alley, or sidewalk." Please I am not picking on you but how is a city allowed to curtail your 2A rights be it feneral or state?

Virginia is a Commonwealth like Pennsylvania. A Commonwealth means that the same laws that apply in bo-dunk PA applies in Philadelphia.

Philly tried that no conceal carry or open carry thing a few years ago and the state supreme court said, "no, no no. There is no cutout for certain municipalities contrary to state law and the PA Constitution."

Now would I open carry in Philly? Nope, I pretty much do not open carry anywhere in the state anyway. I want it to be a surprise when someone tries to harm MrsMac or me and I point a 1911 in their face. Something about looking down the barrel of a 1911 that sends cramps to ones private parts.

Anyway, just curious not picking on VA. or you.   :thumbsUp:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 08:41:35 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 10:37:56 AM »
Petersburg (nearest city to me) has passed an ordinance making it illegal to carry a firearm on any street, alley, or sidewalk

Yeah, they jumped the bandwagon like yankee VA.  They went way overboard too. 

BTW, area you a VCDL member?  If not, why not?   https://vcdl.org/  Easy to get into any gun show free.

But I am not sure that is still valid.  See below re: Petersburg.  I do not believe it is every street in general.

Nemo

https://vcdl.org/page/virginia-carry-information

Petersburg (city) - all carry (open and concealed with CHP) prohibited in local government buildings, parks, community and recreation centers, and permitted events and adjacent streets. A violation is a Class 1 misdemeanor (up to a $2,500 fine and/or up to 12 months in jail).

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/09/23/petersburg-council-passes-firearm-ban-public-spaces/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:52:30 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.