Author Topic: CCI #450 magnum small rifle primers  (Read 640 times)

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
CCI #450 magnum small rifle primers
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
i read on a couple other sites that these magnum primers are fine for .223 but you may want to downsize your powder charge? anyone know anything about this?
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: CCI #450 magnum small rifle primers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:48:18 PM »
From what I have read magnum primers burn faster and light more powder faster. I can't speak to downloading your rounds on account of it.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »
From what I have read magnum primers burn faster and light more powder faster. I can't speak to downloading your rounds on account of it.

thanks bro. i just wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about it because there seems to be some mixed opinions on other sites.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »
There is alot of misinformation in the reloading realm. I don't want to add to it but I did notice that they recommend using magnum primers if you expect temps below 20... WTF??

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »
There is alot of misinformation in the reloading realm. I don't want to add to it but I did notice that they recommend using magnum primers if you expect temps below 20... WTF??

lol.. i didn't buy them for that, although I've heard the same thing. honestly i was in a bad fuckin mood the day i picked up those primers and i was tired as hell and ready to be on my way home so I saw "SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS" and gtfo of there.. lol.