Author Topic: Best kept secret of the firearms community!  (Read 3082 times)

1000meterstare

Best kept secret of the firearms community!
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:42:44 PM »
The CZ-75 and 75 compact.  Those are some sweet pistols, very rugged and reliable, and accuracy-wise can kick a glock all up and down the street!  I'm glad not very many in the shooting community know much about them, it keeps demand and prices low for a dude like me.  The cz-75 is one of the most accurate handguns I've ever fired, period.  Check them out!  My buddy bought a CZ-75 compact; he liked it so much he then bought a cz-82 and a polymer CZ.  BTW - I would be glad to hear your thoughts, comments, etc.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Best kept secret of the firearms community!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »
I've heard good things about them in the past but I've never had the opportunity to shoot one.
what's the mag capacity? and also the price? I'm certainly not in the market for a new gun any time soon but I'm always willing to learn more about different guns in case I end up with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket... ;D
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
ok so nevermind, I looked it up. lol. looks pretty slick, man. and reasonably priced.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:40:50 PM »
i like em, but their pretty big and heavy for a 9mm

yeah i know, even i have fallen into the polymer pistol group.....
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »
One of my fathers friends brought one back from a deployment years ago.
Before the little rush that you see actually started. He swears by it,  always has. It has been his go to for many many years.

They get a  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co in my book.

though I've never owned one. I have shot a couple and they are pretty sweet.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:51:07 PM »
The EAA Witness is a great deal for the money if you are already looking at a CZ-75, I got one in 45acp for $300 slightly used.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »
The EAA Witness is a great deal for the money if you are already looking at a CZ-75, I got one in 45acp for $300 slightly used.

holy shit!!! hey stranger!

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »

omg its rs762
*screams like a girl*

Buck Naked

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:26:28 AM »
CZ-82 is a sweet little shooter. It's the only cz I own but have fired several others.  Well built firearms!!

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
I'm liking the CZ .45 ACP model. 10 rd magazines look decent. Still, it is over $600 new....

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »
I'm liking the CZ .45 ACP model. 10 rd magazines look decent. Still, it is over $600 new....

If you don't mind the Tangfoglio name on the side you could save a few hundred bucks and buy an EAA.
Also 10rd mags, very accurate, well made CZ-75b copy.

I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the Witness series pistols, i LOVE mine.

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »

omg its rs762
*screams like a girl*

OMG!  MountainRedneck is a Moderator here now!  *screams like a little girl*  This forum official rocks hard.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
Lol...I have to ask, TG and 505th...is it possible to get a "screams like a little girl" emoticon?

'Cause, ya know, that would fucking rock.

Offline Oldannyboy37

• Prepper Apprentice
  • Don't Tread on Me.
    • My Youtube Page.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:23 PM »
CZ make's good stuff. I really like the newer versions of the 75 like the SP01 and all those other tacticool ones  :))

I think the 75 I tried was probably the 2nd most ergonomic handgun I've ever held, right behind some fancy custom 1911.
Etsi ambulavero in valle umbrae mortis non timebo malum quoniam tu mecum es.

Offline Oldannyboy37

• Prepper Apprentice
  • Don't Tread on Me.
    • My Youtube Page.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
Not sure I'd call it a secret though, it's one of the most copied handguns of all time. Behind the 1911 I doubt there's any semi-auto handgun that's been copied nearly as much as the 75.
It's an under rated gun for sure, most people go on about how awesome things like Sig Sauer and so on are but you rarely hear a high profile review on a CZ.
Etsi ambulavero in valle umbrae mortis non timebo malum quoniam tu mecum es.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
cz's do feel good for a semi auto

i still like the feel of a peacemaker the best

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 09:11:12 PM »
Um... i dont know anything about the pistols mentioned in the OP...but something tells me they are a DA pistol.... because your claiming accuracy in a pistol. most any pistol you have in realistic ranges for a pistol to be used will have no significant differences in acuracy. so the reason im assuming they are DA pistols is because you have trigger pull sight alignment issues when shooting a heavier trigger like a glock compared to a hair trigger on some DA pistols so you think the mentioned pistols are more accurate because your trigger control issues are less noticable on the lighter trigger.

Not trying to be a dick but long story short both glock and the pistols you mentioned probably have such similar accuracy that you couldnt even tll the difference unless you got out the measuring calipers and started splitting hairs on group sizes. i would recommend practicing your trigger pull straight to the rear while maintaining perfect sight alignment on what ever pistol you shoot.

and again not trying to start a fight or talk down to you bro just saying... all modern pistols are very similar in accuracy..

-Kenny

Simplicity Is Ideal...

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 10:42:42 PM »
Um... i dont know anything about the pistols mentioned in the OP...but something tells me they are a DA pistol.... because your claiming accuracy in a pistol. most any pistol you have in realistic ranges for a pistol to be used will have no significant differences in acuracy. so the reason im assuming they are DA pistols is because you have trigger pull sight alignment issues when shooting a heavier trigger like a glock compared to a hair trigger on some DA pistols so you think the mentioned pistols are more accurate because your trigger control issues are less noticable on the lighter trigger.

Not trying to be a dick but long story short both glock and the pistols you mentioned probably have such similar accuracy that you couldnt even tll the difference unless you got out the measuring calipers and started splitting hairs on group sizes. i would recommend practicing your trigger pull straight to the rear while maintaining perfect sight alignment on what ever pistol you shoot.

and again not trying to start a fight or talk down to you bro just saying... all modern pistols are very similar in accuracy..

-Kenny

all modern handguns will outshoot its user as far as accuracy
just pick what you like and train train train

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 07:13:35 PM »
I really like the CZs I've put quite a few rounds through them. Probably my favorite all steel pistol.  Unfortunately all steel pistols suck compared to polymer for most purposes.  The gamer dudes I deal with on a semi regular basis are taking a liking to them.
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
I really like the CZs I've put quite a few rounds through them. Probably my favorite all steel pistol.  Unfortunately all steel pistols suck compared to polymer for most purposes.  The gamer dudes I deal with on a semi regular basis are taking a liking to them.

in the games or in real life? lulz

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Best kept secret handgun? Sig Pro SP2022. And it's fairly inexpensive, plus it's a Sig!

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
plus it's a Sig!

Doesn't mean much anymore. Check out the reviews on the P250. Not good. I own one. I know.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
plus it's a Sig!

Doesn't mean much anymore. Check out the reviews on the P250. Not good. I own one. I know.
True about the P250, but the reviews of the SP2022 have been nothing but positive, that I've seen. Been trying to save my pennies for one.

Offline ThinTheHerd

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »
I just picked up a cz 75 sp - 01 tac.  I would comment on it but would probably just get bashed by the site mods. So fuck it....
du bist h?sslich

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
plus it's a Sig!

True about the P250, but the reviews of the SP2022 have been nothing but positive, that I've seen. Been trying to save my pennies for one.

Hmm...I've been considering taking my P250, along with its two spare mags, Crossbreed holster, Sig OWB holster, and tac-light to someplace and selling/trading it towards the purchase of another pistol (I don't have income at the moment, so a straight trade is my only option). I wonder if all the accessories would be enough to get me a 2022? I've been searching it on Google since I read your post, and I'm reading 90% good reviews on it, unlike the Sig P250.