Author Topic: Tip of the Day  (Read 999 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Tip of the Day
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
When buying things whether they be veggies, fruit or washing machines: ask if there are any "culls" or "seconds" available.

I was at a great local produce distributor early in the week buying last minute fall/winter produce. They had a great selection of locally grown apples however I was not happy about the price. So I walked up to an employee and asked if they had seconds.

She told me yes and took me to a remote part of the facility and showed me several bins (4'x4'x4') full of seconds. The price was 50% less than the grade A, 1sts.

I have other examples of when we have bought a new stove, washing machine, etc.

Share your examples of buying things at reduced prices.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

gadget99

Re: Tip of the Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »
Hiya Johny,

Great thread idea.

I will throw one into the mix.

We have bought about 160 bars of what they call here in the UK Carbolic Soap. Bought on flea-bay at £25 per 80 400 gram bars.

From what I gather it is much like our old Lye soap in the states.

The point is. It is the good strong old stuff. You can use it like they did back in the day. If it needs washing you use this. Pass it over a cheese grater into water and you can wash clothing, dishes and such.

This is something often overlooked in terms of prepping.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
Great Gadget99!  :thumbsUp:

You brought memories of my grandparents grating the soap you describe into the cellar sink to wash stuff. The grater was hunk above the sink.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

gadget99

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:38:32 AM »
Yes.... It is so very interesting how good this stuff is.

We realized one day that we had forgotten soap in our preps and found that you could still get the stuff.

Sent from my B1-710 using Tapatalk