Author Topic: Supplements - What different do you take to ward off???  (Read 1162 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Supplements - What different do you take to ward off???
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:36:31 AM »
Last October MrsMac fell down the cellar stairs and broke her right hand. Our sister in-law is a nurse and she told her to take 2000 iu's of D3 daily to help her bones heal. She did almost immediately.

Then I out of the blue that many Doctors in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) recommend that transplanted folks from more sunnier climes take 1000 iu's of D3. Apparently it helps restore vitamin D that you would normally get from the sun but don't there between November and June. The article also reported it helps to reduce those winter day blues.

Since we had two bottles of the D3 I started taking 2000 iu's daily too.

Then Special-K reported that he was on his dead bed and he attributed it to no taking a daily dose of vitamin D3. The JohnyMac seal of approval is in...

It is now March 31st and neither MrsMac nor I have had a cold or government sponsored virus this year!

MrsMac back in January did wake up with a scratchy feeling in her throat one morning. I made her drink Airborne every 4 hours or so for two days. I drank the same concoction too. If she did have the beginning of a cold it didn't go anywhere. I never got that scratchy throat or developed a cold.

Now to be honest, MrsMac and I was up at the cabin from November till now, with a few side trips to Rhode Island or Philly. So we were never sitting in a cubical of a business or dealing with a lot of folks face to face.

So here we come to my question: What supplements do you take to ward off the:
> Cold,
> Melancholy,
> Boost your metabolism,
> Heal cancer,
> Grow hair,
> Werewolves,
> Etcetera?

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Supplements - What different do you take to ward off???
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »
Store brand Centrum Silver vitamins.  Got everything covered from all point of contact or ends.

Nemo  :coffeeNews:

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Burt Gummer

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:28:31 AM »
 :lmfao:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:27 AM »
My father would have loved that one Ken!  :coffeeNews:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

brat

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
Guess I'm just SOL...

I try to support the distillery down the road from the house, it being local and all.

It ain't single malt, but it's single barrel. Does that count ?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
Yupper brat!  :dancingBanana:

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »
Coffee
Just saying, it wards off everything!  I can't live without it.
it's my favorite addiction.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »
Ahhhh Kbop I love my coffee too. I am though, a coffee snob. :coffeeNews: I became that way from living in Seattle for umpteen years when Starbucks only had two store. One at the Pike Street Market and one next to the Bellevue mall in of all places...Bellevue.

We prefer the Indonesian coffee's over African or South American coffee's. But if you brew it I will drink it  :thumbsUp: