General Category > Sustenance

Prepper Company mentioned on National News!

(1/2) > >>

Searchboss:
I typically pack and store my own ?long-term food storage? items myself. You know the dry stuff like sugar, beans, rice, and grains, etc. But there are some things that I want in my preps that I just can?t prepare properly myself, such as meat. This is one area including canned and freeze-dried meats; I try to buy from time to time when I find a good sale.

I came across this Fox News article this morning. ?Army vet says prepper food company booming as more Americans plan for disaster in 2024? at this link: https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/army-vet-prepper-food-company-booming-americans-plan-disaster-2024

Surprisingly, this is the third or fourth mainstream media news article I have read recently that specifically talks about preppers. While the article was interesting I noticed that they did not provide the name of the company nor did they provide a link to it. That just seems odd. I did more research and found the following article: ?Two Combat Disabled Veterans Returned to a Nation in Crisis and Founded a Prepper Beef Company? at this link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/two-combat-disabled-veterans-returned-to-a-nation-in-crisis-and-founded-a-prepper-beef-company/ar-BB1hjW0X

This article did mention the name of the company which is called Prepper Beef. Here is a link to their website: https://prepperbeef.com/

I had never heard of them before, so I perused the link and did some checking. I must say that it looks like they have indeed found a niche in the prepper food chain. While I have not had the opportunity to try out their products, I am intrigued. Unfortunately, the cost is substantial. While I like what I see in their marketing, I doubt I will become one of their prime customers. The cost is simply too high when compared to other items I could buy to provide similar calories. I may buy a sample at some point just for comparison.

It was good to see preppers in the mainstream news, particularly when not presented as tin-foil-hat nuts. I just wish they did a better job of presenting ALL the information?

Nemo:
I saw that report myself and did some follow up on it also.  Looks like great products and a company with policies I could support. 

The prices shown are for a 48 ounce package.   Call that double weight once rehydrated.

A bit outside my spend limits. 

Nemo

Freeze-Dried Beef Steak
$109.00
$92.65 w/ promo code

Jackalope:
Gee, if I purchased a freeze dryer it wouldn't many steaks to pay for the freeze dryer.  I'm sure Preppersteak's products are superb, but they're out of my budget range.

JohnyMac:
I have a friend (pay her well) who is a prepper and buys meat on sale and cans it in qt. canning jars. She and her husband seem to really like the end result.

I have overstayed my welcome and have been invited to dinner. The last time she grabbed a qt jar and it was one of the best beef stews I have ever had.

Felix:
Limited experience, just started canning last year.   But beef and chicken are quite good, plus you can season to taste a bit at the start.    Butter is also OK canned but not as good as fresh.    But considering cost, shelf life, etc... all of the above with be a King's Fare should the balloon(s) go up and niceties quickly become scare or unavailable.
In a period of deprivation and scarcity, I'll wager home ground flour/fresh baked bread slathered with canned butter will tempt many to do most anything.   Or at least try.    ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version