General Category > Sustenance

Prepper Company mentioned on National News!

<< < (2/2)

grizz:

--- Quote from: JohnyMac on February 12, 2024, 06:11:08 PM ---I have a friend (pay her well) who is a prepper and buys meat on sale and cans it in qt. canning jars. She and her husband seem to really like the end result.

I have overstayed my welcome and have been invited to dinner. The last time she grabbed a qt jar and it was one of the best beef stews I have ever had.

--- End quote ---

Maybe your friend would be willing to share some recipes? 😊

JohnyMac:
I will ask but this is what I do for chuck (Beef).

Cut up chuck into 3/4 inch chunks after all fat is removed. Pack (Hard pack) into one quart canning jar.

Heat up beef broth to boiling. Prepare canning pressure cooker.

Pour broth into each jar covering chuck but leaving about 1" space at top of jar. Put lid and ring on canning jar and put in canning pot. Cook at 15 lbs for 45 minutes. Once steam has dissipated from pressure cooker, pull cans and place in a cool (not cold) spot and listen for the tell tale POP! Meaning the jar (s) are sealed. That is my basic recipe.

To the cold packed beef, you could add garlic cloves, fresh thyme, etc, etc, etc.

:dance: 

Nemo:

--- Quote from: JohnyMac on February 16, 2024, 11:54:07 AM ---Pour broth into each jar covering chuck but leaving about 1" space at top of jar. Put lid and ring on canning jar and put in canning pot.

--- End quote ---

Do you tighten the lid prior to putting in to cook?  Or leave it snug up after taking out of hot water?

Nemo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version