Author Topic: Prepper Company mentioned on National News!  (Read 701 times)

Offline Searchboss

• Prepper Apprentice
Prepper Company mentioned on National News!
« on: February 12, 2024, 08:54:01 AM »
I typically pack and store my own ?long-term food storage? items myself. You know the dry stuff like sugar, beans, rice, and grains, etc. But there are some things that I want in my preps that I just can?t prepare properly myself, such as meat. This is one area including canned and freeze-dried meats; I try to buy from time to time when I find a good sale.

I came across this Fox News article this morning. ?Army vet says prepper food company booming as more Americans plan for disaster in 2024? at this link: https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/army-vet-prepper-food-company-booming-americans-plan-disaster-2024

Surprisingly, this is the third or fourth mainstream media news article I have read recently that specifically talks about preppers. While the article was interesting I noticed that they did not provide the name of the company nor did they provide a link to it. That just seems odd. I did more research and found the following article: ?Two Combat Disabled Veterans Returned to a Nation in Crisis and Founded a Prepper Beef Company? at this link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/two-combat-disabled-veterans-returned-to-a-nation-in-crisis-and-founded-a-prepper-beef-company/ar-BB1hjW0X

This article did mention the name of the company which is called Prepper Beef. Here is a link to their website: https://prepperbeef.com/

I had never heard of them before, so I perused the link and did some checking. I must say that it looks like they have indeed found a niche in the prepper food chain. While I have not had the opportunity to try out their products, I am intrigued. Unfortunately, the cost is substantial. While I like what I see in their marketing, I doubt I will become one of their prime customers. The cost is simply too high when compared to other items I could buy to provide similar calories. I may buy a sample at some point just for comparison.

It was good to see preppers in the mainstream news, particularly when not presented as tin-foil-hat nuts. I just wish they did a better job of presenting ALL the information?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Prepper Company mentioned on National News!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:56:21 AM »
I saw that report myself and did some follow up on it also.  Looks like great products and a company with policies I could support. 

The prices shown are for a 48 ounce package.   Call that double weight once rehydrated.

A bit outside my spend limits. 

Nemo

Freeze-Dried Beef Steak
$109.00
$92.65 w/ promo code
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:01:38 AM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 02:49:06 PM »
Gee, if I purchased a freeze dryer it wouldn't many steaks to pay for the freeze dryer.  I'm sure Preppersteak's products are superb, but they're out of my budget range.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 06:11:08 PM »
I have a friend (pay her well) who is a prepper and buys meat on sale and cans it in qt. canning jars. She and her husband seem to really like the end result.

I have overstayed my welcome and have been invited to dinner. The last time she grabbed a qt jar and it was one of the best beef stews I have ever had.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 10:11:53 PM »
Limited experience, just started canning last year.   But beef and chicken are quite good, plus you can season to taste a bit at the start.    Butter is also OK canned but not as good as fresh.    But considering cost, shelf life, etc... all of the above with be a King's Fare should the balloon(s) go up and niceties quickly become scare or unavailable.
In a period of deprivation and scarcity, I'll wager home ground flour/fresh baked bread slathered with canned butter will tempt many to do most anything.   Or at least try.    ;-)

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 08:15:20 AM »
I have a friend (pay her well) who is a prepper and buys meat on sale and cans it in qt. canning jars. She and her husband seem to really like the end result.

I have overstayed my welcome and have been invited to dinner. The last time she grabbed a qt jar and it was one of the best beef stews I have ever had.

Maybe your friend would be willing to share some recipes? 😊
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 11:54:07 AM »
I will ask but this is what I do for chuck (Beef).

Cut up chuck into 3/4 inch chunks after all fat is removed. Pack (Hard pack) into one quart canning jar.

Heat up beef broth to boiling. Prepare canning pressure cooker.

Pour broth into each jar covering chuck but leaving about 1" space at top of jar. Put lid and ring on canning jar and put in canning pot. Cook at 15 lbs for 45 minutes. Once steam has dissipated from pressure cooker, pull cans and place in a cool (not cold) spot and listen for the tell tale POP! Meaning the jar (s) are sealed. That is my basic recipe.

To the cold packed beef, you could add garlic cloves, fresh thyme, etc, etc, etc.

:dance: 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 09:34:34 PM »
Pour broth into each jar covering chuck but leaving about 1" space at top of jar. Put lid and ring on canning jar and put in canning pot.

Do you tighten the lid prior to putting in to cook?  Or leave it snug up after taking out of hot water?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.