Author Topic: Grain Harvest Down in Western USA - Spring 2022  (Read 525 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Grain Harvest Down in Western USA - Spring 2022
« on: January 15, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »
A great guy who checks into the ERIN phone net Tuesday's, drives a grain truck for a living in the South Central part of the country - Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etcetera. He has consistently been reporting that the spring grain harvest of wheat, barley, beans, and soybeans is going to be down as much as 50% due to a drought. A drought that has been plaguing the region for the past two years.

For the most part, wheat and beans are used for human consumption while the barley and soybeans are used for feed. Now before you start to scream, some grains are used for both, human and animal feed.

David Anderson, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension economist, Bryan-College Station, said consumers may have become accustomed to inconsistent product availability due to pandemic-related disruptions, but this round of potentially short supplies is driven by weather.

Anderson said the latest U.S. Department of Agriculture report showed how drought in the western half of the country could add to the list of food and beverages that have experienced price increases over the past two years.
- Agri Life Today

Along with this bad news, the North Western states are experiencing a similar drought and will affect similar crops as the South Central crops plus alfalfa and corn.

As of October 12, 2021, drought conditions are most severe in the western U.S. States of California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, Montana, and North Dakota. According to the U.S. Drought Monitor, on October 12, 2021, more than 52 percent of the West?s land area was classified as experiencing extreme or exceptional drought. Data reported by the U.S. Drought Monitor demonstrate that the current incidence of drought in the West exceeds all past droughts in the region since 2000. Drought conditions began in the West in the latter months of 2020 and the first months of 2021. - USDA

In 2020, China imported about 20% of US agriculture production.

2020 Numbers

With all of the above information I would like to take you back to an earlier post I made titled, Supply Chain - China Shuts Down Factories & Ports Due To Covid-19, 2022.

Keep in mind that the US consumer uses a lot of grains for consumption but the majority is used to feed animals. Steer, Chicken, family pets, and of course pork. You may remember that I reported back in the fall that China owns the largest pork processor company in the USA - Smithfield Foods

Where does this news leave the United States consumer? How will the CCP feed their citizens? A hungry citizenry leads to unrest. Governments with unrest in the streets leads to nastiness and even war.

It is imperative that we all work towards preparing for the global darkness. It is already dusk here in the USA. By mid-year, I fear, it will be as dark as the inside of a sow at midnight.

Freedom Through Self-Reliance

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:53:18 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Grain Harvest Down in Western USA - Spring 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 08:31:40 PM »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 11:09:06 PM »
Got my Johnny's Seeds Barley ordered though it is six-row, not the two-row I wanted.    Also did a "back-up, just-in-case-order" from some other hippie place - and no, I don't plan to "sprout it" for sandwiches and salads.   :-)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 07:23:48 AM »
 :thumbsUp: