Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver
« Last post by pkveazey on October 20, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
I've got so much prepper crap stored away, I can't think of anything else to buy except a little bit more nonperishable food. I started buying Silver about 2 years ago and every chance I get, I buy all I can afford. Whatever happens all over the world doesn't interest me as far as Silver goes. All I know is Silver has always been money and I refuse to get caught with my pants down.
Gear Review / Re: Push Button Safety on AR
« Last post by CJS06 on October 20, 2018, 07:14:13 PM »
Thanks for posting Nemo.  They are all right for people that really like push buttons. In many ways they are just another way to customize your AR if that is what you like.  I do have a problem with the "faster" part of the advertising.  I have done actual comparisons with speed from low ready to first shot with one gun using the std safety and the other already on fire.  Among 6 of us all were just as fast getting off shots while activating the safety as when the person we were shooting against was already on fire.

If push buttons make you feel more comfortable ten it may be a nice option but dont let the advertising skew your decision based off of increased performance. I have tried them on an AR and dont like them, particularly for more precise shooting grip that involves the thumb  "unwrapped" from the grip.  For this a traditional ambi safety works very well.

No it does not work for select fire trigger groups.

Chris
Gear Review / Re: Push Button Safety on AR
« Last post by grizz on October 20, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »
I like it!!! Does it have a full auto selection??

I cant stand the flip lever thing.
General Discussion / Re: Strategic Relocation
« Last post by Deathstyle on October 20, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »
The author did a full movie with Alex Jones going over the book

Gear Review / Push Button Safety on AR
« Last post by Nemo on October 20, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
New thing so I hear.  Reportedly much better overall than standard lever now.

Nemo

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/10/17/elftmann-tactical-ambi-speed-safety/
Comm Discussion / Re: Need An Antannae?
« Last post by Jackalope on October 20, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »
   I have a used Mosley TA-33 in a box that's been in storage for almost 20 years.  It'll be going up on a tower next year.   I can't remember if it's the full sized TA-33 or the TA-33 junior model.  Anyways, Mosley still sells replacement parts for their older products.

I'll be renting a manlift to do the tower work.  The middle Tennessee  amateur radio community is reeling from the recent death of a tower climber that was doing some tower work for an amateur radio operator that had recently moved into the area.  Here's an article regarding the accident: http://wirelessestimator.com/articles/2018/fund-set-up-for-mastec-construction-manager-who-died-in-weekend-tower-collapse/  I spoke with a number of hams from the area and they were all upset about the incident, and rightly so.  It looks like manlift rentals are around $200 per day, certainly worth the money if it can avoid a fatal or even a non-fatal accident.

You can frequently find towers and antennas for the taking, if you're willing to take down the tower.  I would be very hesitant to take down a tower, without a thorough tower inspection and a full background history of the tower. 
General Discussion / Re: Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver
« Last post by Nemo on October 20, 2018, 04:29:14 PM »
Saudi Arabia got caught.  Things will be in a snit in the royal family for a few months and the rest of the world will be real mad at them for longer.

Their military is built on US stuff.  They need parts, repairs, replacements and that stuff.  We have them on a short string.

They have lots and lots of oil.  The rest of the world needs it.  We are self producing more than we are using and exporting oil and gas.

They are going to be nice and push prices down ($2.80 or so in last couple days) so Trump gets credit and the rest of the world is happier.  Also to push down ability of Iran to sneak out oil. 

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil.aspx

All the goings on over there are going to be helpful to us over the winter and most of next year at least.

As far as sliver, its currently going about $14.60 an ounce plus some for eagles or coinage, buy more.  Just more. 

monex.com

Erick.  You done good.  Get more.

Nemo
General Discussion / Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver
« Last post by Erick on October 20, 2018, 04:16:34 PM »
Why?

Silver is very low right now so its a good buy IMO.

If the plan to isolate Iran works out then it will pull tons of oil off the market.

This will raise the price of oil. Commodities live Silver often follow oil.
Also the current issue with Saudi Arabia is likely to create uncertainty in the markets which also tends to increase commodities.

So even though now was not the perfect time for me to buy I bit the bullet and did it anyway.
Over the weekend Silver spot is locked in I expect a rise on Monday.
News & Politics / Re: E=MC2
« Last post by grizz on October 20, 2018, 12:13:46 PM »
 :bravo: :cheers:
Security & Survival / Re: Busy Period of Training
« Last post by JohnyMac on October 20, 2018, 11:24:47 AM »
Thx brother!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10