Author Topic: Zoom ERIN 2022 Summer Technician Class  (Read 603 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Zoom ERIN 2022 Summer Technician Class
« on: July 08, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
Last night was the first Zoom Meeting for the ERIN Summer 2022 Technicians class series.

This will be the second class I have done via Zoom in less then six months. The last class we had eighteen folks start the class which dwindled to fourteen by week three of the five week course.

Fourteen folks finished the class and of the fourteen folks, ten took the exam and all passed their Technical Exam.

For the ERIN summer class, we had eighteen that signed up and only eight folks showed up to the first class. I do realize that it is the summer and folks have a lot going on. Far more important then listening to old JohnyMac drone on.  ;)

I figure that one of the jobs that the good Lord wants me to do is to facilitate these classes. Some other tasks He has me focused on are, trying to be a good husband to MrsMac, overseeing Unchainedpreppers (You run it), and share with the members of the MAG's I belong too, the little bit of prepping knowledge I have gathered over my years on this earth.

Welcome new students to the first step on your road to the amateur radio fraternity.  :thumbsUp:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 08:46:50 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Zoom ERIN 2022 Summer Technician Class
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 11:32:56 AM »
Is it still possible for folks to join the class?  Cost?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 01:25:59 PM »
I also would be very interested in this.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 03:15:05 PM »
Always room at the inn however, getting caught up (Need to read chapters 1-4) before next Thursdays July 14th class. We are using the ARRL Technicians Text book 4th edition. I think here is a link.

https://www.amazon.com/ARRL-Radio-License-Manual-Spiral/dp/1625950829/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1SZEGGQMD4YXA&keywords=arrl+technician+class+license+manual+4th+edition&qid=1657307646&sprefix=arrl+technician+class+license+manual+4th+edition%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1

Let me know.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Hiker1

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 05:11:17 PM »
Just wondering would you be doing a General class one day?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 09:36:00 AM »
Hiker1,

I do not know. I would really like a class of a minimum of 10 to facilitate the General Class. 

As a side note, our own Patriotman and another student from my Dec/Jan class purchased their AARL General Text book during the Tech Class. Once it arrived they started the same study guidelines as they were using in my class.

If I remember correctly Patriotman took the Tech exam and passed it with flying colors. The same night he took the General and passed that exam too. Similar story with the young lady who passed my Tech class. Keep in mind, the General is just a extension of the Tech class.

I have been a facilitator for the Technicians class both in person and via Zoom countless times. I much prefer doing the class in person however, Zoom is OK too...I guess.

My class is nothing special. I just provide the discipline to help a student to get through the 5-week program in manageable chunks. ;)

Thanks for asking Hiker1.  :cheers: