Author Topic: TYT 9000D Radios  (Read 720 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
TYT 9000D Radios
« on: January 25, 2024, 05:12:56 PM »
I have 3 TYT 9000D's for 2 meters, 1 TYT 9000D for 220Mhz, and 1 TYT 9000D for 440 Mhz. All except one of them were turned on when we had a loss of power, not all at the same time, but in a fairly short time span. When that happened, the radios lost their brains and would no longer operate. Yesterday, I drug them all out and tried what I thought would be a futile last ditch effort to fix them. Hmmmm.... I connected the negative wire to my power supply and then Pressed and held down the PTT switch and the VFO button all at the same time and then touched the Positive wire to the power supply. Say What??? The 2 meter TYT came back to life. Then I did the same thing to the other 2 meter TYT and it also came back to life. Then I tried it with the 220 and the 440 but it didn't work. I may try fooling with the 220 and 440 again at a later date. The two radios that came back to life didn't even lose their programming. All the frequencies are still in memory and are working. So far the TYT 9000D mounted in my SUV and is permanently attached to the Battery hasn't had the loss of power issue and it still works. I connected one of the TYT's up to my antenna and power supply and made a repeater contact with a station in Williamsburg. That's about 40 miles away. He said that the signal was strong but the mike audio was low and muddy. Well. I have several TYT mikes so I grabbed one and swapped it out and then he said the audio was great. Yep, I put a piece of masking tape on the crappy mike and wrote, "This mike sucks".

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: TYT 9000D Radios
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 10:28:55 PM »
     There's nothing predictable about Chinesium crap. 

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: TYT 9000D Radios
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 10:50:16 AM »
 :thumbsUp:PKv
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.