Author Topic: Rig Control Programs.  (Read 447 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Rig Control Programs.
« on: January 05, 2023, 03:11:24 PM »
I am really getting tired of spending hours and hours trying to get my Ham Radio Deluxe program to work properly. I finally got the Rig control to work but the associated DM780 digital program is driving me nuts. I followed the instructions letter for letter and it still won't work properly. HRD keeps sending me to instruction sheets and I follow them and end up with zip. Johnny, I might have to get your friend who is a wiz at it to help me get the DM780 working properly since I can't get a live human on the phone at HRD. When I can get the program to transmit, then I can't get it to recieve and when I can get it to receive then I can't get it to transmit. It shows up as transmitting in the program, it doesn't show up as also transmitting on the radio. My Grandson gave me the latest and greatest version for Christmas so I can't blame it on being an outdated version.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:13:04 PM by pkveazey »

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Rig Control Programs.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »
   You're not alone PK.  I really like HRD for radio control, however I have the same problem with my 7300.  It receives digital modes fine but it won't transmit.  I've gotten it to work with my IC-7200, but it won't work with the IC-7300.  I put off working on it until I have lots of free time. It's very frustrating.

Offline Obh

• Novice Prepper
Re: Rig Control Programs.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 05:09:27 PM »
I use FLRig for rig control. Works with FLDigi, JS8Call, WSJT-X, and soon varaAC. Hopefully it will work with winlink 1 day  ;)