Author Topic: Radio Inventory  (Read 690 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Radio Inventory
« on: November 27, 2023, 11:17:09 PM »
I just received 2 more 8 Watt UV5R's today. Both of them were open frequencies, so I didn't have to do the 3 button unlock. I programmed them, put them back in their boxes with Aluminum foil covers, and then put them in my Radio Box. While I was in there, I decided to count them. Damn!! I have about 26, not counting the one's that the wife and I carry all the time and the 2 - 8 watter's that are attached to our bug out back packs. Then I counted 3 QYT tri-band 25 watt spares that are boxed and Aluminum foil covered. That's not counting the UV5R's that I gave away. Hmmmm.... As best I can recall, I've given away 11 others to family, the County Sheriff, and MAG members. When the SHTF, I'll be the go to guy for radios. On top of that, I've got another 25 watt QYT tri band that I stopped using because one of my ham buddies told me that the audio sound like S#*T. I've got a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a bunch of 2 meter radios that only listen because the transmit died. They will make great 2 meter scanners. OOPS. There also is one fully functioning 50 watt ICOM 2 meter rig in the bucket. OK, OK, OK, I'm not buying any more UV5R's. I thought that I only had about 12 UV5R's until I did today's inventory. Alright, there is one more thing. I now have about 15 of those 15" handi-talkie antennas and about 15 extra battery packs that fit the UV5R's. Oh, wait.... I just remembered that I also have about 5 of those battery eliminators that you plug into your car cigarette lighter. Wait, wait... There's more. I forgot that I have my Radio Bug Out Backpack that has a 100 Watt HF rig, A 25 watt tri-band rig, and an 8 watt UV5R with the 15" whip antenna.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Radio Inventory
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 11:07:09 AM »
Brushbeater sells a all mode small (G90 size) radio with a battery. The model is, PMR-171 SDR HF/VHF/UHF Transceiver. When I have a bit of cash, I am going to order one to test out and review. 

:popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Radio Inventory
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 12:50:10 PM »
Hmmm... I checked that radio out and it sure has its place for SHTF radio. The price seems OK for all the bands and modes you get, and the power levels are passable and I like that you can connect it to your computer. The only thing good on my pile of radios is wide open TX on HF/VHF/UHF.(2 meters/220/440). If you get one, please fill us in on how well it works. I also liked the looks of that radio. I'd be wary of how well the auto-tuner works. Anything above 3:1 and my IC 7300 won't tune it. I had to add an external LDG so it could tune a wet noodle. My bug out HF radio also has an add on LDG tuner mounted that will tune anything up to 50 Mhz.