Author Topic: PA QSO Contest 2022  (Read 535 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
PA QSO Contest 2022
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:09:04 AM »
Tomorrow at noon starts the 2022 PA QSO Contest. The goal of the contest is to make a QSO with each of the 63 counties in Pennsylvania.

The PA QSO Contest is a big deal to Pennsylvania hams along with surrounding states. Last year, there was a club in California that won the out of state division.

This year my club will be working the contest as a club, club call N3SRC. We will have four stations and throughout the contest different club members will be filtering through to take a turn at the mic.

We also have combined the clubs picnic with the contest hoping that we have a great turnout. The main course at this years picnic will be steak sandwiches made from thinly sliced rib roast. Sweet onions and peppers along with cheese will be put on those steak sandwiches if wished. Of course there will be deli sides and a big sheet cake.

As a side note, Susquehanna County is a very rural county, so we are very sought after for a QSO. In past years , our club was the only group on the air representing the county; Consequently, pile-ups are common.

Last, we will be using 80/75, 40, 20, and 15-meters. The club purchased 'pass through filters' to help us all not to step on each other. The filters were purchased from Morgan Systems. I will give a review on them post this weekends event.

So there you go. If you find yourself on the air this weekend, listen for N3SRC, Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania. To check out our club, go to N3SRC.org.

73 & God Bless!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Obh

• Novice Prepper
Re: PA QSO Contest 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 08:53:01 PM »
Will likely be on around noon, before i head out to the woods. I'll try to pick you guys up.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 07:51:31 PM »
I tuned around on 20/40/80 meters. 80 was stone cold dead. I heard a lot of PA stations but no susquehanna stations on 20 and 40. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 07:53:04 PM by pkveazey »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 07:17:43 PM »
Great weekend, poor club results.

Four stations signed up to be at this years PA QSO - Two showed up. Excuses, excuses, excuses.  :facepalm:

With that written we all had a great time trying out new and different antennas.

Night-time temps were in the high 30's Friday night and low 30's + frost Saturday night/Sunday morning. I love my new down sleeping bag! Slept well warm and toasty.

Started a fire Friday afternoon, and it was not extinguished until today, this past afternoon. We used blown down trees circling the grounds and brought some quality firewood from home.

Here is a pic from my tent window overlooking the field we were using Sunday morning at about 0900 Hrs. local

The highlight was Saturday's dinner (Club picnic). The club bought a 10# boneless rib roast which I had sliced into thick bacon sized slices. Served up grilled on a flat top grill outside with peppers & onions. Yummm! 

So there you go.

73 & God Bless

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.