Author Topic: New 2 meter Repeater  (Read 955 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
New 2 meter Repeater
« on: May 30, 2022, 08:01:25 PM »
There is a 2 meter Repeater on 147.03 in the next county over and it kicks ass. Hmmm... There also is a 2 meter repeater in Richmond on that same frequency but I can't reach it. I went through all my CHIRP files and Modified the contents to fit the new repeater. I sure don't look forward to reprogramming all those radios to drop the Richmond repeater and replace it with the Surry repeater. Not only will I have to reprogram about 15 Bao Feng's that are programmed and covered in foil, I'll have to reprogram about 10 more Bao Fengs that are on Back Packs and Fanny Packs. Then I'll have to remove all my mobile and base radios and reprogram them and then reinstall them. Oh, I'm not finished yet. Then I'll have to get all the Bao Fengs from the MAG members and reprogram theirs also. I gave a Bao Feng to my Family Doctor and the Local Sheriff and I'll probably have to reprogram them also. I see about 10 hours of reprogramming unless I just decide to not use the program to show the repeater by name and just use the frequency. If I just use the frequency and different tone, I can manually program right over the Richmond repeater. No matter which method I choose, I'm still stuck with having to deal with each one of those radios. I'm pretty sure that for most of them, I'll just reprogram that Repeater in place without removing the radios from the vehicles.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:22:25 PM by pkveazey »

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: New 2 meter Repeater
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:19:14 PM »
Wow, I must have programmed 50 radios using CHIRP. Tonight, I decided that since the Tri-Band Base radio is right here in the room with me, I'd unhook it and bring it over here to the computer and I'd put that new repeater in it. I must be losing it. It took me two tries to get it to take the information and actually work like it's supposed to. Anyway, I got it to work, and I saved the file so I can just copy and paste the info into my other Tri-Band radios. I don't know what I was doing wrong when I tried to manually just change the info for that one frequency but no matter what I did I couldn't get the radio to take it. Anyway, using the computer made it work just fine. The new repeater is at least 30 miles away and it comes in at full scale on the receive meter. I now have 3 different repeaters that can get me into the Norfolk area.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 08:05:07 AM »
 :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 02:13:14 PM »
   Re-programming that many radios was a typical day for me, PK.  Then a week later, they would come up with some new frequencies to add, and the cycle would start all over again.