Author Topic: NE PA/SOUTHERN TIER NY WEATHER EVENT 1/22-1/23/2023 SOI  (Read 243 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
NE PA/SOUTHERN TIER NY WEATHER EVENT 1/22-1/23/2023 SOI
« on: January 22, 2023, 08:06:19 AM »
PLEASE PRINT THIS SOI IN CASE YOUR ELECTRIC GOES OUT AND KEEP NEAR YOUR EQUIPMENT

What:

NOAA Binghamton, NY (NOAA-BMG) is reporting that a snow storm event will arrive today, Sunday January 22, 2023, late afternoon. Expect snow depending on elevation at the beginning of the weather event changing to a wintery mix, Monday January 23, 2023. Temperatures will rise to 37degrees F today and drop to 33 degrees Monday. Estimated snow accumulation is 4-6 inches during the 24-hour period.

As the area moves from cold temperatures to warm and then warm to cold again, the area can expect high wind gusts at the height of each ebb and flow period. During the deep freeze period a heightened possibility of power outages will develop. Prepare now for this possibility by getting ready backup power equipment and fuel if needed. Also, a good time to make sure light producing tools are serviceable and you have backups ready.

Currently, NOAA-BMG is not requesting weather reports. With that written, I am still going to be passing onto them weather reports from the area and I would appreciate check-ins using the following SOI (Signal Operation Instructions).

SOI:
I am requesting that all monitor the following PACE starting at 2000E hrs., today, following up with another report at 0800E hrs. tomorrow.

PACE:

Primary:         Montrose Repeater 147.375 Mhz, +.600 Mhz, PL 77.0 Hz *
Alternate:       Binghamton, NY airport repeater 146.865 Mhz, -.600 Mhz, PL 146.2 Hz/                       
                                linked repeater for western Broome & Susquehanna County 146.820, -.600 Mhz, PL 146.2 Hz                                               
Contingency: HF Radio, 3.964 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air
Emergency:   Signal **

Times:

Sunday 1/22/2023 (All times in eastern, using the format from below)
      > Monitor Primary starts at 1700 hrs. in case of emergency or further developments.
      > 2000 hrs. SWAG (Susquehanna Weather Advisory Group) check-in on Primary,
      > 2030 hrs. SWAG check-in on Contingency (Monitor SWR before TXing due to possible ice
          buildup on antenna)

Monday January 23, 2023 (All times eastern, using the format from below)
      > Continue to monitor Primary for emergencies and information until 1700 hrs.
      > 0800 hrs. SWAG check-in on Primary, using the format from below
      > 0830 hrs. SWAG check-in on Contingency (Monitor SWR before TXing due to possible ice
         buildup on antenna)

Check-in Format:

> NCS will ask for check-ins. Respond with your call, name, location, and if you have any
      emergency traffic.
   > NCS will collect check-in's and once completed, the NCS will call each check-in independently in
      order of check In for their report.
   > With reports, please include the following,
      - General situation, (Doing good, no electricity, etc.)
      - Snow/precipitation amounts if any
      - Temperature
      - Wind direction and if possible mph (Steady & Gusts)
      - Elevation,
      - Any general traffic

Questions:

If you have any questions, please ask them using SIGNAL.

*   Elk Mountain repeater still nonfunctioning. Yes, I do understand we will only be able to cover
     half Susquehanna and Broome County. Hence the Contingency

** If you want to receive announcements via Signal,

1) Download the Signal app from your Apply or Android store to your smart phone,

2) Text or email me your cell phone number, then

3) Accept my invite. You then

73 & God Bless,
JohnyMac
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:30:35 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.