Author Topic: NE PA December 15-16 Weather Event SOI  (Read 411 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
NE PA December 15-16 Weather Event SOI
« on: December 15, 2022, 09:54:04 AM »
PRINT! PRINT! PRINT! AND POST IN YOUR SHACK IN CASE YOU LOOSE GRID JUICE

As mentioned on last evening club net, here is the SOI (Signal Operation Instructions) for this two day storm event.

NOAA Binghamton, NY is reporting that a major storm event will arrive today starting late morning/early afternoon. Expected snow totals range from 8-12" in Susquehanna and Broome County's. Lackawanna & Luzern County will receive a wintery mix of snow and sleet. Along with the precipitation, we will experience gusty winds up to 35 mph. With the quantity of dead Ash trees in the counties, power outages can be expected. It is estimated that the weather event will end by 1900 hrs. local, Friday December 16, 2023. 

Time:
I am requesting that all monitor the following PACE starting at 1200 hrs. local, today and tomorrow for emergency comms and storm reports.

PACE:
Primary:         Montrose Repeater 147.375 Mhz, +.600 Mhz, PL 77.0 Hz *
Alternate:       Binghamton, NY airport repeater 146.865 Mhz, -.600 Mhz, PL 146.2 Hz/                       
                                linked repeater for western Broome & Susquehanna County 146.820, -.600 Mhz, PL 146.2 Hz                                               
Contingency: HF Radio, 3.807 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air
Emergency:   Signal **

At 1600 hrs. today and again at 2000 hrs. (Thursday December 15, 2022), a NCS will facilitate a check-in on the Primary. If you do check in, the format will be,

> NCS will ask for check-in's. Respond with your call, name, location, and if you have any emergency traffic.
> NCS will collect check-in's and once completed, the NCS will call each check-in    independently in order of check
   in for their report.
> With reports, please include the following,
   - General situation, (Doing good, no electricity, etc.)
   - Snow depth
   - Temperature
   - Wind direction and if possible mph (Steady & Gusts)
   - Any general traffic.

At 0800 hrs., 1200 hrs., and 1600*** Friday December 16, 2022, a NCS will facilitate a check-in on the Primary. If you do check in, the format will be,

> NCS will ask for check-in's. Respond with your call, name, location, and if you have any emergency traffic.
> NCS will collect check-in's and once completed, the NCS will call each check-in    independently in order of check
   in for their report.
> In reports please include the following,
   - General situation, (Doing good, no electricity, etc.)
   - Snow depth
   - Temperature
   - Wind direction and if possible mph (Steady & Gusts)
   - Any general traffic.

* Elk Mountain repeater still nonfunctioning. Yes, I do understand we will only be able to cover half Susquehanna and Broome County.

** If you want to receive announcements via Signal,

1) Download the Signal app from your Apply or Android store to your smart phone,

2) Text or email me your cell phone number, then

3) Accept my invite. You then will be part of the N3SRC Signal Group.

*** Depending on the situation at 1600 hrs. Friday, we may have additional check-in's later that day.

73 & God Bless,

JohnyMac
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: NE PA December 15-16 Weather Event SOI
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 10:05:52 AM »
Good luck to the folks in the Northeast.  We had 3.26" of rain yesterday, which would translate into a bunch of snow, if the temperatures were colder.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
Thank you Jackalope!  :cheers:

NOAA just changed the expected qty of snow from 8-12 inches to 12 to 18".  ;D

I posted this SOI here on UP as it is easier to send out a link via Signal for the SOI than all the above written info. Sorry if some of you think, "what do I care about JohnyMac's snow event".  :thumbsUp:

Think of it as a OK example for a SOI. You may need the format for your area in the near future.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »
Getting about 1.5-2 inches from 1800 yesterday until about 2200 today.  Temp was into the low 30s and some areas had extra slippery roads.

Local temp now around 34. all going away.

Glad not living in Orwell now.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 05:21:49 PM »
]JM - how are you up there?  Down here in Virginia by theChesapeake Bay we have mid 50s and thunderstorms.  I'm disconnecting HF antennas and filling water jugs now now...

- SJH
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 09:09:43 PM »
I'm about 50 air miles from Honeybucket and I got off and on Pouring rain. Lights cut out twice but didn't stay off. I turned on the HF rig at 4 PM and tuned to 3.807 but got nothing but a steady S9 noise level. :facepalm:

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »
Same here last night: thunderstorms, rain wind,and though lights briefly went out, they came right back and stayed ON the rest of the night. 

Good training.

de Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code