Author Topic: March 2024 ERIN SOI  (Read 1639 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
March 2024 ERIN SOI
« on: March 01, 2024, 11:58:00 AM »
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO CHANGES TO PHONE FREQUENCY THIS MONTH. WE WILL GO TO 40-METERS IN APRIL. MORE ON THAT IN APRIL.

The next ERIN(2) net will be Tuesday March 26, 2024, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900E hrs. digital net (NCS is usually on frequency at 1850E hrs.) will commence.
Primary         3.588 USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       7.110Mhz USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Signal(1). Do I have your cell phone number?

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call, your call/name/location/W-TFC or No-TFC/ de your call

All traffic (TFC) will be passed via MFSK32. I suggest using the FLmsg ICS-213 or the AmRRON Custom forms.

NCS will convert mode from C-4/250 (Contestia 4/250) to MFSK32 and then instruct check-ins one at a time to pass TFC.

Once TFC is complete, NCS will return mode back to C-4/250 for the wrap up of the QSO.

2) At 2000E hrs. (I am typically on frequency at 1950E hrs.) will commence.

Primary         3.898 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air (New as May 2023)
Alternate       7.192Mhz LSB or higher till clean air

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
JohnMac

(1)  The Signal App is being used instead of text for emergency's. Go to my post, When The Interwize Goes Dark, for an explanation.

(2) A quick history of ERIN (Eastern, Region, Information, Network). Just after President Trump declared a state of emergency, March 2020, I was asked by NC Scout (Brushbeater.org) to NCS a Covid-19 net, as we were worried that misinformation, intentional or unintentional, was coming out of the main stream media. The net was five days a week, Monday through Friday and it was a voice net (phone).

June of the same year, the net was reduced to three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By August it was reduced to one day a week, Tuesday evening's at 2000E Hrs. phone only.

As digital grew in popularity, I introduced a digital net at 1900E Hrs. the same night starting in 2021.

These two nets have been every Tuesday night since January 2021 with only a few interruptions due to electrical storms at my AO.

The purpose of these nets is to do the following,

> Fellowship, connect hams with other hams,
     > Testing of equipment and alternate modes,
     > Pass traffic concerning ones AO. Traffic typically consists of,
        - Localized weather report if out of the ordinary.
        - Fuel availability & prices, petrol/Diesel.
        - Civil unrest if any.
        - Unusual Military movement if any.
        - Other interesting local news.
      > Training. To help hams become more confident in TXing & RXing, practice being a NC or ANC station, and
          all other that
          applies to prepare for a localized or national drama, and
      > Serve as a conduit to connect hams who have radio equipment to sell or looking for.

I want to thank all the hams that regularly participate on these nets. I am looking for NCS (Net Control Station) volunteers, in case one day I am hit by a bus.  :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:02:24 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: March 2024 ERIN SOI
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 08:31:07 PM »
Okay nets this evening

Digital 9
4 from PA
1 from VA, NJ, NY, SC, FL

Phone 6
3 from PA
1 MA, VA, NY

Thx to all that participated.

JohnyMac

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 07:48:32 PM »
ON 3.898

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 08:45:31 PM »
Enjoyed the digital net tonight.  The earlier sked with Cooter on QRP CW ( 4 Watts to a dipole ) was just fine, though I had some broadband digital QRM, but narrow Morse with my narrow filters did the trick.       :dancingBanana:

Back to my book, and the dogs.

73 de Sir John Honeybucket

Ps.  I DO wish that we had more CW ops here. T'would be grand to meet at least weekly and to have a back-up net for Morse ops.
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 07:23:18 AM »
Back up CW ops...I agree.  :thumbsUp:

I have two friends (I pay them well) who do CW almost exclusively. I will ask them if they might be interested. If they are, I and a few others will at least listen and hopefully become proficient.  :cheers:

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 03:19:27 PM »
Jm , if you want a distant outstation for Morse training and traffic passes, I volunteer. 

73 de SJH
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 08:12:53 PM »
Thank you Sir John.  :thumbsUp: :cheers:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 09:09:27 PM »
ERIN NET RESULTS
Digital 10
2 PA, & NY
1, NJ, VA, NC, WV, FL, SC

Phone 7
3 PA
2 NY
1 VA, NC

Thanks to all that Participated

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 01:27:11 PM »
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO CHANGES TO PHONE FREQUENCY THIS MONTH. WE WILL GO TO 40-METERS IN APRIL.

The next ERIN(2) net will be Tuesday April 22024, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900E hrs. digital net (NCS is usually on frequency at 1850E hrs.) will commence.
Primary         3.588 USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       7.110Mhz USB Contestia 4/250, 1000 on the Waterfall

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call, your call/name/location/W-TFC or No-TFC/ de your call

All traffic (TFC) will be passed via MFSK32. I suggest using the FLmsg ICS-213 or the AmRRON Custom forms.

NCS will convert mode from C-4/250 (Contestia 4/250) to MFSK32 and then instruct check-ins one at a time to pass TFC.

Once TFC is complete, NCS will return mode back to C-4/250 for the wrap up of the QSO.

2) At 2000E hrs. (I am typically on frequency at 1950E hrs.) will commence.

Primary         7.192 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air (New as May 2023)
Alternate       3.989 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
JohnMac

(1)  The Signal App is being used instead of text for emergency's. Go to my post When The Interwize Goes Dark

post, for an explanation.

(2) A quick history of ERIN (Eastern, Region, Information, Network). Just after President trump declared a state of

emergency, March 2020, I was asked by NC Scout (Brushbeater.org) to NCS a Covid-19 net, as we were
     worried that misinformation, intentional or unintentional, was coming out of the main stream media. The net
     was five days a week, Monday through Friday and it was a voice net (phone).

June of the same year, the net was reduced to three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By August it
     was reduced to one day a week, Tuesday evening's at 2000E Hrs.

As digital grew in popularity, I introduced a digital net at 1900E Hrs. the same night.

These two nets have been every Tuesday night since January 2021 with only a few interruptions due to
     electrical storms in my AO.

The purpose of these nets is to do the following,

> Fellowship, connect hams with other hams,
     > Testing of equipment and alternate modes,
     > Pass traffic concerning ones AO. Traffic typically consists of,
        - Localized weather report if out of the ordinary.
        - Fuel availability & prices, petrol/Diesel.
        - Civil unrest if any.
        - Unusual Military movement if any.
        - Other interesting local news.
      > Training. To help hams become more confident in TXing & RXing, practice being a NC or ANC station, and all
          other that applies to prepare for a localized or national drama, and
      > Serve as a conduit to connect hams who have radio equipment to sell or looking for.

I want to thank all the hams that regularly participate on these nets. I am looking for NCS volunteers, in case one day I am hit by a bus.