Author Topic: I got pissed off at 220 Mhz  (Read 696 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
I got pissed off at 220 Mhz
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:20:24 AM »
I have a 25 watt Tri-Band transceiver and a vertical antenna for each band. Hmmmm..... Why is it that I can hit one of the Richmond 220 repeaters 40 miles away about 1/2 the time and never hit the other Richmond 220 repeater at all? Well, I got tired of that, so I used my $100 ICOM rebate card to order a 5 element 220 Mhz Yagi antenna from HRO. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to put it together. Now, all I have to do is get up enough nerve to climb my 76 year old butt 30 feet up the tower and install it and swap the coax off of my 220 vertical to it. Hmmmm....... I've got a close friend with a son in his young 20's and maybe I should ask him to climb up there and do it for me. In the meantime I might do a little yard testing with it connected to the Tri-Band radio that's in my SUV. If I can hit the repeater 40 miles away with the antenna at ground level, then I should kick some butt with it mounted at about 30 feet up the tower.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: I got pissed off at 220 Mhz
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
 :thumbsUp: Keep us posted.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.