Author Topic: Funny Story  (Read 872 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Funny Story
« on: August 10, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
I received an email this morning that told me that on their dime, Verizon was sending my wife a new cell phone. I questioned MrsMac on this and she told me that she hasn't turned on her cell phone is two years or more. I asked her if she wanted me to cancel the new phone and line and she said, "yes".

I called Verizon this morning and explained to them that my wife does not want the free phone and she wanted me to cancel her line. Well you would have thought I hollered "FIRE" in a nursing home.

The lady who I was speaking with, very poorly I might add as English was not her first language, explained to this stupid American why it was so important that MrsMac have a cell phone. Some of them are as follows,

> What if there was an emergency,
> She could keep up on all of her emails & social media (MrsMac hasn't used a computer at all since 1998),
> My favorite was, "she could show to the police her Covid 19 vaccination records". Where did that one come
   from?
> She could call me to ask for help. Of course we have a land line for that which I explained to her and she was
   rather confused about a land line. Yes she works for a phone company.
> Verizon is switching from G3 to G5 and I MUST have a G5 compliant phone.

Finally, I got bored playing this game and taking up this poor girl so in a rather stern voice, "can you help me and cancel my wife's line or not? If not, can you transfer me to your supervisor."

Well that did the ticket. MrsMac has now cut the cord when it comes to a cell phone.

Last, I asked this rather flustered lady what do I do with the new cell phone if it arrives. She said, "drive it to a Verizon store and turn it in." I explained to her the closest Verizon store is 45-minutes away and I am not doing that. She asked me if she could put me on hold for a minute, which I said sure. She came back quickly and asked me to go to a UPS store and send it back. I explained to her that the closest UPS store was located close to the Verizon phone store and I am not driving 45-minutes away.  :facepalm:

Her final suggestion was to call Verizon after the phone arrives and explain to them "my" situation.  :lmfao:

Once she got off the phone with me she must have said to herself, "stupid American refusing a free cell phone."

Yupper... :dancingBanana:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Funny Story
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »
  Another benefit to having a cellphone is that the government can track your movements.   :lmfao: :zombie1: :trolling:

That's why my cellphone resides in a Faraday enclosure when traveling.  My wife complains that she can't reach me.  I say the cellphone is for my benefit, if it's needed, it's removed from the Faraday enclosure.  Missed calls will be responded to in a semi-timely manner.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Re: Funny Story
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 12:39:05 PM »
Somewhere out in the forest an elk receives a similar phonecall.

"Mr. Elk,   it's time to replace your tracking collar..."
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code