Author Topic: February 2022 ERIN Net SOI  (Read 1031 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
February 2022 ERIN Net SOI
« on: February 01, 2022, 09:15:30 AM »
Here is the SOI for this coming Tuesday's net. PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO THE CRAZINESS OF THE 75/80 BAND, WE ARE GOING TO TRY A NEW 75/80 METER FREQUENCY FOR 2000 HRS. EASTERN PHONE NET. The February phone net frequency will now be 3.807 Mhz LSB or higher till we find clear air.

The next ERIN net will be Tuesday February 22, 2022, starting at 1900 hrs. eastern with the digital ERIN net. The PACE for that net is as follows,

1) At 1900 hrs. eastern the digital net (I am on frequency at 1850 hrs eastern) will commence.

Primary         3.588 Mhz USB Contestia 4/250 1000 on the Waterfall
Alternate       7.110 Mhz USB Contestia 4/250 1000 on the Waterfall
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Text. Do I have your cell phone number?

When the Net Control Station (NCS) calls for check-in's this is the reporting format,

de your call/name/location/emergency traffic/ de your call

Once the NCS has gathered check-in's he/she will post the check-in's for corrections or additional check-in's.

The NCS will then start the reports portion of the digital net. Report format will be,

de your call/name/location/traffic if any/your report for around your AO, Covid, unrest, military movement, etc/weather/de your call

Suggestion...Pre type out your report then copy & paste it to your FLdigi when it is your time to give your report.

2) At 2000 hrs (I am typically on frequency at 1950 hrs. eastern) the voice net will commence.

Primary         3.807 Mhz LSB or higher till clear air
Alternate       7.251 Mhz LSB or higher till clean air
Contingency  This email thread
Emergency    Text. Do I have your cell phone number?

The above SOI will be used at first, if the interwiz is taken down through Executive Order -- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions. Then we will develop and share a revised SOI.

73 & God Bless,
Johnymac
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 09:08:15 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: February 2022 ERIN Net SOI
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 10:18:53 AM »
I have received several emails about the ERIN net. Here is the history.

This net was started in October 2018, post the first NC Scout's ADV RTO Class. The original plan was to meet monthly for folks to give a report on their AO. For folks that did not have a FCC license, to listen to hear what their friends were doing. January 2019, the net became the, Eastern, Region, Information, Network (ERIN).

The monthly meeting's continued till February 2020, the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. At which time we went from a monthly net to a weekly net. Once the 'shut-down' started on March 13, 2020, the ERIN net went to five-days a week, Monday thru Friday. During that period the focus was mostly on the pandemic. In June of the same year the ERIN net went back to one day a week, Tuesday nights. While the pandemic reports continued to be prominent, reports morphed into, Covid-19 reports, fuel prices, food/supply shortages, military movements, weather reports, etcetera.

Due to a desire of the regular ERIN net attendees to try digital mode, ERIN started to play with a digital net in September 2020 and officialy became part of the monthly SOI, January 2021. With some fiddling with times and not wanting to interfere with other nets, digital now starts at 1900 hrs. eastern and phone starts at 2000 hrs. eastern.

Typically, I (Johnymac) play (s) the roll of Net Control Station (NCS). With that written, I would like to have some of the regular participants for either net (Phone or Digital) step up to take the roll of NCS at least once a month. Playing NCS has some advantages for that station,

1) Experience,
2) Confidence,
3) Being seen as a leader within the prepping community, and
4) What happens if I am hit by a bus?

Last, available for regular participants, there is a SOI available for when (not if) the interwize goes down.

Hopefully, this short bio of the ERIN net will answer questions that you may have had and encourage you to join the voices of the prepping community. 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:30:48 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Online pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 06:58:15 PM »
It is 2 minutes to 7 PM. I usually monitor the Digital Net. Well, I'm still sick and feel like crap so screw that. OK, I'll try to at least do the Phone net at 8PM. I know one thing for sure.... I'm not missing "OAK ISLAND" this week no matter what. Sick or well, I'm going to sit there and suffer through it. :chuky:

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 07:11:55 PM »
The ERIN digital netis parked in the WINLINK/automatic operation sub-band.  We will continue to have problems like this as long as we meet here.

Ouch! That and Cuban government jammers on forty were a pain today with Cooter's CW traffic. However, his five Watts and wire antenna got through with a little patience.

Get The Signal Through !

SJH
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:54:15 PM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 08:09:52 PM »
Thanks Sir John. You are correct.

PKv, no worries Brother. You get well. That is your job right now.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:12:27 PM »
Didn't hear much on 3.807, had some good ol' boys chattin' on 3.806 that were 40 over 9.  Oh well, I'll listen again next week.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 08:20:25 PM »
Thank you Jackalope!

Sir John, you mentioned that my transmission had some RF on it. Was that when we started to chat or later when we chatted?

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 01:44:41 AM »
It's been an issue for every voice contact, but now that I realized it's constant, I mentioned it. Sorry for the delay.  If it's still artound next week, I'll record your audio so that you can hear that it begins and ends when you PTT.

Still,  it works and it's just a small bit of tidying up.      :trolling:

Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 09:18:10 PM »
Perfect! Thx Sir John  :thumbsUp:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 06:46:15 PM »
MOVE TO 1700 ON THE WATERFALL TONIGHT FOR THE DIGITAL NET. LOTS OF INTERFERENCE FROM WHO EVER IS BROADCASTING ON 1000 WATERFALL

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 06:53:20 PM »
SORRY BACK TO 1000 ON THE WF. INTERFERENCE HAS ENDED.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 07:47:50 PM »
Very good digital net tonight.  Before that, on forty, COOTER passed his ERIN report in CW QRP on the first pass, in Morse, over 600 miles up to me to relay onto the digital net.
ERIN voice 3807 is quite good:  JohnyMac is S9+20dB.

Sir John Honeybucket

Ps. I have turned the station OFF for the night.  Now time for a bit of whiskey and my book
(299 Days, book 9). This is the book where JohnyMac is hanging by his left hand  from the skid of a Marine Corps Super Cobra, while operating as Net Control of the ERIN Net,  using his Baofeng in his right hand.  Exciting stuff!!    :lmfao:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:13:03 PM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 08:31:08 PM »
 :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Yeah, normal ERIN net.  :bravo: ;)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 07:45:28 PM »
tonight due to splatter I moved to clean air at 3.815 Mhz LSB

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 07:57:21 PM »
Thunderstorm in progress, no radio for me tonight!