Author Topic: Digital on my IC 7300  (Read 681 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Digital on my IC 7300
« on: December 03, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »
Hmmm..... Well, I found a cheat sheet in amongst my pile of papers  for setting up my ICOM to operate Digital. It made no sense whatsoever, but I followed the instructions and Wham, it seemed to work. Hmmm.... Maybe I'll be able to participate in Tuesdays Digital net.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Digital on my IC 7300
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 09:17:22 AM »
It would be helpful to post that cheat sheet.  I would certainly appreciate it! :fuckYeah:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 01:49:50 PM »
Jackalope, I might be able to do that but I have to warn you that when I got down to the bottom 20% it made no sense and didn't fit any of my 7300 Menu Settings. I opened the Ham Radio Deluxe program and had to make a few educated guesses based on the Digital Master 780 PTT settings. If I'm able to post it, I will. Now, as to how I got it. I think I wrote down everything from a You Tube Video that I watched on setting up a 7300 for digital. You might try to find the You Tube video that I watched and maybe get more out of it than I did. I just followed along and wrote everything down and hoped that it might work. The thing that made it confusing was that they were telling me to turn things on or off that I thought was logically backwards.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 12:07:18 PM »
These are the instructions I wrote down. If you have any questions, just keep it to yourself because I probably won't have any answers.
MENU
SET
CONNECTORS
DATA OFF MOD
                        Mic USB
DATA MOD USB
UNLINK FROM REMOTE
CIV BAUD RATE 19200
CIV TRANS        OFF
CIV USB BAUD RATE 115200 (Mine wouldn't let me enter that number so I pressed AUTO)
CIV US ECHO BACK ON
USB SEND KEYING
USB SEND RTS
USB KEY CW      DTR
             RTTY    DTR
INHIBIT TIMER   ON
USB D
CTZ/DTR/RTS    OFF
PTT MODE         CAT

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 06:00:20 PM »
Thanks, PK.  I'll be interested on how you do on tonight's digital net.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 07:42:13 PM »
Well.... I'm pissed off. The computer said I was receiving and transmitting, and the radio said I was receiving and transmitting but nobody heard me. I guess I'll give my report on the phone net.