Author Topic: Two Box 200 Hundred Yard Shooting Exercise  (Read 1336 times)

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Two Box 200 Hundred Yard Shooting Exercise
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:13:09 AM »

Take two 20 round boxes of ammo and load two magazines. It doesn?t matter if you use two 20 rd or 30 rd mags, but don?t load all 40 rounds into one mag with a 40 rd capacity or higher. RPK users and betamag addicts, please use two drums. (If you?re consistently hitting targets at 200 yards in semi-auto while standing with full drums, then you probably don?t need my advice anyway). Those of you with high caps who want to use more than two mags are welcome to. Users of semi-autos with fixed magazines, bolt action and lever action rifles will need to carry their ammo in pouches and reload as needed based on the rifle?s capacity. Part of maintaining your skill is changing the mag and reloading.

Set up two silhouette targets such as IDPA cardboard. I don?t care if you walk, jog, or run 200 yards back from it, but do not drive or ride back and forth for this entire exercise. This philosophy harkens back to my Running and Gunning exercise. Shoot 5 rounds standing at one target and 5 rounds kneeling at the other target. Go back to check your targets, mark your holes, return to the 200 yard distance and repeat again with 5 shots on each while standing and kneeling. If you want to make all 10 rounds standing that?s fine, but try to stay away from kneeling for all of them. Repeat again and again until you?re down to 10 rounds. Rather than return to the 200 yard line after checking your holes, go back to 50 yards and take 5 quick aimed shots at one target. Without checking that target, immediately and quickly walk forward to 25 yards and take the first of 5 shots on the second target while continuing to walk forward with your weapon raised and shooting.

Read the rest here.  http://gardenserf.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/two-box-200-hundred-yard-shooting-exercise/

Let us know how you do.  Please read the entire article before posting a comment and if people reply read their comments as well, mine included.  It has certain stipulations to it, and I also don't mind if you add more that you think are appropriate.

*Your weapon is already sighted in.
*You are already an experienced shooter out to at least 200 yards.
*You have a range available which will allow you to frequently move back and forth to check targets without waiting.
*You can retain your weapon as you move forward and backward from the targets.
*You have done the Running before the Gunning and are physically able to perform this exercise.
*You assume all legal liability for safely conducting this exercise and modifying it as necessary so it conforms with all applicable local/state/federal laws including but not limited to type of firearm, magazine capacity, discharge, zoning, etc.